Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort, set in the heart of the beautiful Bowood Estate, is home to one of the finest 18 hole golf courses in the South of England, ideally situated just 18 miles east of Bath on the A4 between Calne and Chippenham.
Designed by renowned architect Dave Thomas, the championship course sits amongst the natural beauty of 2000 acres of rolling ‘Capability’ Brown parkland, with a wealth of mature trees and lakes.
The range of tees suits all levels of golfers, ensuring it is enjoyable for higher handicappers, whilst providing a full-on 7,300 yard challenge for better players.
Bowood are also delighted to offer the following to enhance your Bowood golfing experience:
• 3 hole ‘Academy’ practice course
• Floodlit, covered driving range
• Tuition Academy with team of PGA Professionals
• Short game practice area and putting greens
• Fully stocked Proshop, plus custom club fitting facilities
• Buggy hire
• Electric and pull trolley hire
• Halfway house with fresh food and refreshments
And it doesn’t stop there! Voted as one of the top ‘stay and play golf resorts’ in Europe by Golf Monthly, the superb facilities also include:
• Extensive function facilities, accommodating a maximum of 160 guests for formal dining, 250 guests for informal dining
• 43 bedroom ' Boutique' hotel, furnished to the highest standard with first class service
• Queenwood Lodge, a magnificent fully staffed Georgian Manor House set on the golf course, available for exclusive hire for groups of up to 8 guests
• The Shelburne Restaurant - enjoy fine dining created in our theatre style kitchen
• The Clubhouse Brassiere - relaxed dining in elegant surroundings
• Luxury Spa with infinity pool, jacuzzi, rock sauna, crystal steam room, aromatherapy showers, gym and treatment rooms
• Historic Georgian Manor House (home to Lord and Lady Lansdowne) surrounded by 'Capability' Brown landscapes and award winning gardens
Put simply, Bowood has golf the way you want to play it:
• Membership – The warmest welcome in Wiltshire, a lovely friendly atmosphere, plus regular golf competitions and social events.
• Society Golf Days – Bowood tailor the day to suit you, whether you want 18, 27 or 36 holes, breakfast, lunch and dinner or just a lunch time snack, it’s up to you.
• Corporate Golf Days – They offer a full range of services to make your golf day the best ever! From clinics on the range to event administration packages, on-course branding, electronic scoring systems, additional competitions and ‘beat the pro’ events, plus prize presentations and gala dinners. They also offer combined spa packages so that on-golfers can still be involved in your day.
• Corporate Membership – a great way to entertain clients, say than you to staff or network with new prospects.
• Green Fees – bookable up to four weeks in advance. Available any time Monday to Friday and after 10.30am at weekend and bank holidays.
• Golf Breaks
• Opens and Events
For further information, to arrange a show-round or make a reservation, please contact Bowood on 01249 822228, email email@example.com or visit www.bowood.org.
- Bar - The Clubhouse Brassiere
- Serve breakfast
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accommodation nearby - On site – ‘Boutique’ 43 bedroom hotel and Queenwood Lodge, accommodating up to 8 guests
- Equipment/clothing available for hire
- First Aid
- Fully qualified instructors
- Lessons/courses available
- Lockers available
- Non members welcome
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Plentiful, on site & complimentary
Map & Directions
Tel: +44 (0)1249 823 881