Join the Bristol Old Vic on an exciting Theatre Tour with their in-house expert guide who'll guide you through the theatre's 252-year-old history – from the origin of its beautiful Georgian design, to tales of the myriad first-class actors who have trod our boards over the years.
Explore the recent developments to their building: the new front of house foyer space, studio theatre, and their long-awaited heritage offer. Also enjoy the classic elements of the building that have kept this theatre running for over 250 years, such as: access to the historic auditorium, backstage areas, and for the first time on as part of their tours, the Thunder Run.
The perfect morning outing for anyone interested in theatre and Bristol Old Vic's rich history.
• Audio enhancement via a headset of the loop system is available
• The tour script can be requested in advance or on the day
• The tour includes steps, and whilst every effort has been made to make this tour accessible, the gallery can only be accessed via steps.
£12 / £10 concession
Tours run Thursdays and Saturdays
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good103
- bsandrsPortsmouth, United KingdomA Thoroughly Entertaining EveningWednesday, 6th November 2019We have attended the Bristol Old Vic in the past, so knew that the performance would be of a high standard. Cyrano, the play, we have seen in the past but this was a refreshing new production and it... Read full review
- Clara_206Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat for FamiliesThursday, 14th November 2019I’ve been here countless times. Usually to take my mum to see something. The productions are brilliant, the restaurant is great and it is always a wonderful night out. Read full review
- LynneS1103Rhondda, United KingdomWeston TheatreSunday, 17th November 2019Lovely little venue part of the Old Vic. Went to see a friend's daughter performing as part of her Graduation course for the Old Vic Theatre School. Tiered seat so was able to see everything . Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 987 7877
|Tours run Thursdays and Saturdays (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|