Join the Bristol Old Vic on an exciting Theatre Tour with their in-house expert guide who'll guide you through the theatre's 252-year-old history – from the origin of its beautiful Georgian design, to tales of the myriad first-class actors who have trod our boards over the years.
Explore the recent developments to their building: the new front of house foyer space, studio theatre, and their long-awaited heritage offer. Also enjoy the classic elements of the building that have kept this theatre running for over 250 years, such as: access to the historic auditorium, backstage areas, and for the first time on as part of their tours, the Thunder Run.
The perfect morning outing for anyone interested in theatre and Bristol Old Vic's rich history.
• Audio enhancement via a headset of the loop system is available
• The tour script can be requested in advance or on the day
• The tour includes steps, and whilst every effort has been made to make this tour accessible, the gallery can only be accessed via steps.
£12 / £10 concession
Tours run Thursdays and Saturdays
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good86
- SheepscombeTewkesbury, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWhat a transformationSunday, 24th March 2019Wow wow wow what a wonderful venue now for not only the theatre but coffee, snacks, lunch and drinks. All in this amazing new but authentic and historic atrium area where history is naked for all to... Read full review
- StmartinsdiverColyford, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesOur first visit to the Bristol Old Vic - would we go there again?Thursday, 28th March 2019We were given two tickets for an evening performance of 'Touching the void' and it's always interesting seeing a play in a theatre which we've not been to before. The external frontage is quite small... Read full review
- Becky HBurnham-On-Sea, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFabulous theatre, fabulous food.Sunday, 31st March 2019Went to see a performance of Institute which was incredible. Comfortable seats and a great view even from the back of the pit. Very impressed with the pre show dinner menu. Had the rare beef salad... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 987 7877
|First Tour Sat 17 Nov (17 Nov 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|