Bristol Old Vic Theatre Tours
Tel: +44 (0)117 987 7877
Due to COVID-19, Bristol Old Vic Theatre Tours have been temporarily suspended. Please check their website and/or social channels for the latest updates.
Join the Bristol Old Vic on an exciting Theatre Tour with their in-house expert guide who'll guide you through the theatre's 252-year-old history – from the origin of its beautiful Georgian design, to tales of the myriad first-class actors who have trod our boards over the years.
Explore the recent developments to their building: the new front of house foyer space, studio theatre, and their long-awaited heritage offer. Also enjoy the classic elements of the building that have kept this theatre running for over 250 years, such as: access to the historic auditorium, backstage areas, and for the first time on as part of their tours, the Thunder Run.
The perfect morning outing for anyone interested in theatre and Bristol Old Vic's rich history.
• Audio enhancement via a headset of the loop system is available
• The tour script can be requested in advance or on the day
• The tour includes steps, and whilst every effort has been made to make this tour accessible, the gallery can only be accessed via steps.
|Tours run Thursdays and Saturdays (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good103
- rosalinev904Trip Type:CouplesUnique dining experience, brilliant service, delicious food.Saturday, 24th July 2021Unique dining out experience at Cooper's Hall in Bristol Old Vic theatre. Perfect setting of updated dining area in historic atmospheric theatre. What made it even more special was the helpful and... Read full review
- comfy2Hampshire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNo way as good as Little French - room for improvement.Monday, 18th October 2021Came here for the food rather than a show. Lovely setting in a grand room with chandeliers. The food is from the great Little French team so expectations were high. There was a limited small menu of... Read full review
- 793jolBristol, United KingdomWoefully inadequate Covid safety measures.Wednesday, 20th October 2021It’s a lovely theatre with excellent productions and as a prolific theatre attendee one that I would normally give a high score. However, the Covid precautions are woeful and I could see no effort... Read full review