Join the Bristol Old Vic on an exciting Theatre Tour with their in-house expert guide who'll guide you through the theatre's 252-year-old history – from the origin of its beautiful Georgian design, to tales of the myriad first-class actors who have trod our boards over the years.
Explore the recent developments to their building: the new front of house foyer space, studio theatre, and their long-awaited heritage offer. Also enjoy the classic elements of the building that have kept this theatre running for over 250 years, such as: access to the historic auditorium, backstage areas, and for the first time on as part of their tours, the Thunder Run.
The perfect morning outing for anyone interested in theatre and Bristol Old Vic's rich history.
• Audio enhancement via a headset of the loop system is available
• The tour script can be requested in advance or on the day
• The tour includes steps, and whilst every effort has been made to make this tour accessible, the gallery can only be accessed via steps.
£12 / £10 concession
Tours run Thursdays and Saturdays
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good92
- JoLivallBath, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBallet Rambert2 with dinnerSunday, 9th June 2019First visit to Bristol Old Vic. The mix of old and new blend well together and just “works”. Had dinner before performance.. didn’t opt for set menu but chose starter, etc from main menu. Started... Read full review
- Langfords2010Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWent on a tourFriday, 14th June 2019The tour was very good and the guide extremely knowledgeable. The downside was that as part of the tour we were expecting to go on the stage / backstage however because of rehearsals this wasn't... Read full review
- Jezzatraveller0606Bristol, United KingdomGreat theatre in the heart of the cityThursday, 20th June 2019Recently refurbished the theatre is grand and offers a very eclectic mix of performances from classic to modern, there are plenty of bars and eating places close by too. Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 987 7877
|Tours run Thursdays and Saturdays (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|