Join the Bristol Old Vic on an exciting Theatre Tour with their in-house expert guide who'll guide you through the theatre's 252-year-old history – from the origin of its beautiful Georgian design, to tales of the myriad first-class actors who have trod our boards over the years.
Explore the recent developments to their building: the new front of house foyer space, studio theatre, and their long-awaited heritage offer. Also enjoy the classic elements of the building that have kept this theatre running for over 250 years, such as: access to the historic auditorium, backstage areas, and for the first time on as part of their tours, the Thunder Run.
The perfect morning outing for anyone interested in theatre and Bristol Old Vic's rich history.
• Audio enhancement via a headset of the loop system is available
• The tour script can be requested in advance or on the day
• The tour includes steps, and whilst every effort has been made to make this tour accessible, the gallery can only be accessed via steps.
£12 / £10 concession
Tours run Thursdays and Saturdays
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good99
- JuneBug1939Weston-super-Mare, United KingdomGreat renovationsWednesday, 4th September 2019We loved the new renovations, getting rid of the plaster walls and exposing the original stone and brick. Lovely atmosphere, nice for a cuppa, a meal or of course to see a play. Read full review
- Lentony1958Chelmsford, United KingdomA Truly Superb TheatreWednesday, 11th September 2019This was my first trip to Bristol and I just had to see the Bristol Old Vic. There wasn’t a theatrical production I could book a ticket for so I elected to go on the tour of the theatre. It has... Read full review
- 470jennihBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPride and prejudice *sort ofThursday, 12th September 2019The Bristol old Vic looks so lovely with its refurb. It has a great feel and atmosphere. The stage looks fantastic. Had a great time watching the show. Only issue was bar wait at beginning of show... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 987 7877
|Tours run Thursdays and Saturdays (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|