Bristol Old Vic Theatre Tours
Tel: +44 (0)117 987 7877
***Please note: Visit Bristol are in the process of updating our pages with the most up to date information, as and when businesses reopen. Please see individual websites and social media for the most up to date information before you plan a visit.***
The theatre is also inviting customers to consider donating the value of purchased tickets to the theatre to ensure that they can come back fighting fit once the crisis is over.
Join the Bristol Old Vic on an exciting Theatre Tour with their in-house expert guide who'll guide you through the theatre's 252-year-old history – from the origin of its beautiful Georgian design, to tales of the myriad first-class actors who have trod our boards over the years.
Explore the recent developments to their building: the new front of house foyer space, studio theatre, and their long-awaited heritage offer. Also enjoy the classic elements of the building that have kept this theatre running for over 250 years, such as: access to the historic auditorium, backstage areas, and for the first time on as part of their tours, the Thunder Run.
The perfect morning outing for anyone interested in theatre and Bristol Old Vic's rich history.
• Audio enhancement via a headset of the loop system is available
• The tour script can be requested in advance or on the day
• The tour includes steps, and whilst every effort has been made to make this tour accessible, the gallery can only be accessed via steps.
£12 / £10 concession
Tours run Thursdays and Saturdays
|Tours run Thursdays and Saturdays (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good103
- LadyJenniferAnnBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPerfect birthday celebratory eveningSaturday, 29th February 2020A match made in heaven! A delightful pre theatre supper followed by the perfect dance programme. A double birthday meal, and a super Rambert 2 programme. Loved it all. The pre theatre ambience is... Read full review
- LizzieflintThirsk, United KingdomBrilliant play - Joanna FaustusFriday, 13th March 2020First visit to the Bristol Vic. Interesting building, riveting play with talented cast. The foyer cafe is a great venue even if you aren't seeing a performance. We found online booking... Read full review
- BobandJosieReading, United KingdomVery ImpressiveSaturday, 14th March 2020My wife had been to the Bristol Old Vic "many years ago" and wanted to see how it had changed. The entrance and bar area is very, very customer friendly. We saw "The 3 Musketeers" and throughly... Read full review