Join the Bristol Old Vic on an exciting Theatre Tour with their in-house expert guide who'll guide you through the theatre's 252-year-old history – from the origin of its beautiful Georgian design, to tales of the myriad first-class actors who have trod our boards over the years.
Explore the recent developments to their building: the new front of house foyer space, studio theatre, and their long-awaited heritage offer. Also enjoy the classic elements of the building that have kept this theatre running for over 250 years, such as: access to the historic auditorium, backstage areas, and for the first time on as part of their tours, the Thunder Run.
The perfect morning outing for anyone interested in theatre and Bristol Old Vic's rich history.
• Audio enhancement via a headset of the loop system is available
• The tour script can be requested in advance or on the day
• The tour includes steps, and whilst every effort has been made to make this tour accessible, the gallery can only be accessed via steps.
£12 / £10 concession
Tours run Thursdays and Saturdays
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good83
- mairi_okEdinburgh, United KingdomLovely old theatre, lift not working- a challenge for someTuesday, 12th February 2019Very atmospheric, good food and bar. Perch seats unusual but OK. Bit over zealous stewardship of seats! Read full review
- RCS87Gloucestershire, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAttractive venueMonday, 18th February 2019Good venue for a comedy gig. Good sightlines from the stalls, convenient location, interesting building with history and character. Read full review
- BirdiosoCheltenham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayAdvertised show not on 😒Monday, 18th February 2019Really disappointed... came to Bristol to spend a couple of days getting to know the city better with my daughter who had an interview at UWE. Planned so much to do, visited some lovely cafes, the... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 987 7877
|First Tour Sat 17 Nov (17 Nov 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|