Bristol Zoo Gardens have re-opened, subject to Government restrictions. Please check directly on their website and/or social media channels for the latest updates.
Bristol Zoo Gardens is the perfect fresh-air destination, set within 12 acres of award-winning gardens. Discover over 300 incredible animal species from around the globe, including many endangered species.
Marvel at adorable youngsters, including two cheeky western lowland gorillas, a sleepy sloth and a tiny mouse deer, among many others! Discover wondrous creatures in Bug World, the Aquarium, Meerkat House, Bat Walkthrough, Reptile House and Seal and Penguin Coasts.
Kids can run wild in the adventure playground, and big and little adventurers alike can climb, clamber and swing through the air on the thrilling aerial ropes course, ZooRopia.
Fancy a bite to eat? The Hide restaurant is open for eating in or takeaway, or grab a tasty snack from one of their kiosks.
Please check their website before visiting for the latest updates.
|Open: 10am - 5.30pm (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Visit England Visit England's 'Best Told Story' 2021
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- No Dogs
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups - Please contact the Zoo for details
- Coach drop-off point
- Conference facilities
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - 8 / 9 bus and City Sightseeing Open Top Bus Tour
- Parking (charge) - The Zoo has a car park. Parking charged at £4.50 for duration of stay (£2.50 for Members).
- Special group rates
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1301
- tsn02Wolverhampton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBit disappointedSunday, 16th January 2022I had heard that this zoo was great,so was really looking forward to our visit. I was a bit disappointed to be honest.There was quite a few empty enclosures,& some of them seemed just very dated... Read full review
- RuthieD1978Exeter, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBristol Zoo visitFriday, 21st January 2022Great value for money. We visited on a very cold January day, so wasn't crowded. It's a good sized zoo and took us about 2 hours to get around. We were given a map on arrival which was handy, but... Read full review
- Compass12613518777Bath, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBring your own lunch and a flask! Food is beyond dreadful and overpriced. Don't bother booking online as it's a free for allSunday, 23rd January 2022Took my daughter and 2 grandchildren (5 + 1). I pre booked as advised on website so had a tight window to arrive (anyone with a small child knows that is a challenge) arrived in a flurry and... Read full review