A visit to Bristol Zoo Gardens is an adventure into an exciting animal kingdom, all set within 12 acres of beautiful gardens. Visitors will come face to face with over 400 species of exotic, endangered and adorable animals from the four corners of the globe.
Visitors to Bristol Zoo can see the family of gorillas, including gorilla baby, Kukeña, stroll through the tropical Butterfly Forest or become immersed in the impressive Seal and Penguin Coast. Some other Zoo favourites include Monkey Jungle, Reptile house, Asiatic lions, Bug World, Twilight World, and the Aquarium.
Don’t forget to visit Explorers’ Creek which has three exciting areas. The first is ‘Splash’, a water-play area with streams, dams and the chance to get your toes wet. Next, follow in the footsteps of jungle explorers as you enter ‘Forest of Birds’, before feeding nectar to colourful parrots at the ‘Feed the Lorikeets’ exhibit (small charge applies for nectar).
There's also the chance to watch the gorillas swinging around in their brand new gorilla house!
More adventurous visitors can have a go on the aerial ropes course, ZooRopia, and swing alongside some of the Zoo’s most popular animals – gibbons and gorillas – before flying down the zip wire (restrictions and charges apply).
If that’s not enough why not take in one of the daily animal shows, join an expert talk, or pit yourself against the best of the animal world with the popular Zoolympics trail?
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- No Dogs
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups - Please contact the Zoo for details
- Coach drop-off point
- Conference facilities
- On-site coach parking
- On-site parking or valet parking
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - 8 / 9 bus and City Sightseeing Open Top Bus Tour
- Parking (charge) - The zoo has a car park with parking chaged at £3
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1146
- kornelia00Trip Type:CouplesNice dateSunday, 23rd September 2018Had a lovely time at the zoo gardens, although some of the bigger animals looked too calm (very suspicious as to what they are given to be like that). Read full review
- rachann181Haverfordwest, United KingdomExcellent Day OutWednesday, 26th September 2018Really enjoyed the day out to Bristol Zoo. The whole place felt clean, maintained and the animals welfare was paramount to everything. The zoos conservation work was mentioned throughout the day so... Read full review
- Ninajane2013Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantastic!Wednesday, 26th September 2018My grandchildren and I have been members for a few years now. It is such amazing value! Before they started school, we would go to the zoo at least once a fortnight, but now we can only go on... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 974 7300
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2009
- Visit England Code of Practice 2012
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Open every day except Christmas Day
Last entry is 4:30pm. Animal houses close half an hour before closing time