Bristol Zoo Gardens have re-opened, subject to Government restrictions. Please check directly on their website and/or social media channels for the latest updates.
Bristol Zoo Gardens is the perfect fresh-air destination, set within 12 acres of award-winning gardens. Discover over 300 incredible animal species from around the globe, including many endangered species.
Marvel at adorable youngsters, including two cheeky western lowland gorillas, a sleepy sloth and a tiny mouse deer, among many others! Discover wondrous creatures in Bug World, the Aquarium, Meerkat House, Bat Walkthrough, Reptile House and Seal and Penguin Coasts.
Kids can run wild in the adventure playground, and big and little adventurers alike can climb, clamber and swing through the air on the thrilling aerial ropes course, ZooRopia.
Fancy a bite to eat? The Hide restaurant is open for eating in or takeaway, or grab a tasty snack from one of their kiosks.
Please check their website before visiting for the latest updates.
|Open: 10am - 5.30pm (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Visit England Visit England's 'Best Told Story' 2021
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- No Dogs
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups - Please contact the Zoo for details
- Coach drop-off point
- Conference facilities
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - 8 / 9 bus and City Sightseeing Open Top Bus Tour
- Parking (charge) - The Zoo has a car park. Parking charged at £4.50 for duration of stay (£2.50 for Members).
- Special group rates
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1295
- Chloe1989UKTrip Type:FamilyOkayThursday, 2nd September 2021Upon arrival at the zoo we were advised that the parking was full (have you ever known a zoo to have insufficient parking? 🤦♀️) and so we'd have to park on the road. This was fine but the parking... Read full review
- V177VUjohnhTipton, United KingdomNice ZooSunday, 5th September 2021Nice Zoo which is very easy to walk around with no hills and the zoo is well set out Plenty to do for children and adults Main drawback is the lack of parking but apart from that the zoo is well... Read full review
- Fifty1962Lovely zoo and gardensMonday, 6th September 2021I visited the zoo with two other adults and children of 12 and 3. We all loved it! It is such a nice size, not sprawling acres, which was easy for the 3 year olds to manage. The grounds are... Read full review