Bristol Zoo Gardens have re-opened, subject to Government restrictions. Please check directly on their website and/or social media channels for the latest updates.
Discover over 400 incredible animal species from across the globe at Bristol Zoo Gardens, set within award-winning gardens spanning over 12 acres.
Marvel at the adorable babies including a sloth, a golden lion tamarin, two young gorillas, and a tiny mouse deer fawn among others! Discover wondrous creatures in our newly reopened Bug World, Aquarium, Meerkat House, Bat Walkthrough, Reptile House and the underground viewing areas of Seal and Penguin Coasts.
Kids can run wild in the adventure playground and big and little adventurers alike can climb, clamber and swing through the air in the thrilling aerial ropes course ZooRopia.
Fancy a bite to eat? The Hide restaurant is now open for eating in or takeaway!
Bristol Zoo Gardens have ensured everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit with an one-way system and social distancing measures. To ensure the safety of visitors and staff, please read the site rules before visiting. Some areas remain closed because it is difficult to maintain social distancing at present in those locations, or because they include multiple high-frequency touch points. A full list of updates is available here.
|Open: 10am - 5.30pm (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2009
- Visit England Code of Practice 2012
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- No Dogs
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups - Please contact the Zoo for details
- Coach drop-off point
- Conference facilities
- On-site coach parking
- On-site parking or valet parking
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - 8 / 9 bus and City Sightseeing Open Top Bus Tour
- Parking (charge) - The zoo has a car park with parking chaged at £3
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1287
- philipmH1177BXCheslyn Hay, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelEnjoyable visitSaturday, 31st July 2021Had an enjoyable couple of hours here the other day. There are plenty of animals to see, my favourite being the penguins. Walking around it can get a bit confusing as I ended up retracing my steps... Read full review
- 746ChrisR746Cardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyEnjoyable day out but difficult to navigate the Zoo and gardens.Sunday, 1st August 2021Visited with my wife and two young grandchildren. We spent three hours trying to get around all areas but spent much time unintentionally visiting some areas more than once. Signage was not very... Read full review
- TattyTaoDecent apart from the Hide Restaurant.Monday, 2nd August 2021My partner and I (we're 25 and 28) visited for his birthday on Saturday. Although the whole park was enjoyable, we were sad that the butterfly walk through was closed, otherwise we enjoyed everything... Read full review