*** Please note: Visit Bristol are in the process of updating our pages with the most up to date information, as and when businesses reopen. Please see individual websites and social media for the most up to date information before you plan a visit. ***
Housed within a Grade 1 listed church on the characterful Portland Square, Circomedia is one of the most unique landmark venues in Bristol. St Pauls Church was restored through an awarding winning collaboration between The Churches Conservation Trust and Circomedia in 2005 and now plays host to over 20 classes a week, 40 shows a year and a selection of private hires and weddings. Circomedia’s Kingswood campus is home to the academy where students from all over the world come to train on courses up to MA level. They are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity.
St Pauls Church is a stunning piece of Georgian Architecture and original features are in abundance- stained glass, soaring pillars, original tiling and ceramics and church pews. Partnered with a theatre quality lighting and sound rig this makes it an ideal location for weddings, events and parties.
As Circomedia primarily operate as a school and training space the best way to visit is to book tickets to a show or onto a class. They have a diverse, year round programme of shows and performances, details of which can be found on the Circomedia website. If you would like to book onto one of their classes this can also be done on the Circomedia website. Circomedia’s “Taster” classes are a great way to give circus a try and even include a go on aerial hoops, trapeze, silks and ropes.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Please be aware Circomedia is not available to walk ins- you must book on a class or buy tickets for a show
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Bar - Bim’s Bar is always open for events and shows and sells a wide range of draught beers, local ales, organic wines and soft drinks
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Changing facilities in toilets
- Event venue
- In town/city centre
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Public parking is available on Portland Square and Cabot Circus (fees apply)
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - By appointment only
- Educational Visits Accepted - By appointment only
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - By appointment only
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- 366CarolineB366Berkhamsted, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelGreat venue for the State of Emergency production of Where is Home?Thursday, 27th October 2016This is a beautiful ex church in Portland Square. As I approached the venue the top of the church which looks like tiers on a wedding cake was lit up. Easy check in at the door as I had booked... Read full review
- Albia-NewtonWeston-super-Mare, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat VenueSunday, 3rd December 2017Went to Cabaret Paradiso here last night - Fantastic show at a really great venue The old church (no longer a church) is now the centre for developing performing circus arts - and hosts shows of the... Read full review
- sudi222Warrington, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBrilliant Evening Out!Monday, 18th June 2018This was my first time in Bristol, meeting up with my daughter who lives nearby. Out of a number of possible performances at Circomedia, I chose the "Taming the Wild" show. I was slightly... Read full review