Clifton Wine School
Tel: +44 (0)117 370 6576
***Please note: Visit Bristol are in the process of updating our pages with the most up to date information, as and when businesses reopen. Please see individual websites and social media for the most up to date information before you plan a visit.***
The award winning Clifton Wine School believes that wine is for everyone. Offering fun and entertaining evenings or day classes as well as private tastings for groups, such as hen parties or birthdays, and corporate events. The super keen can even take a qualification in wine. Ruth, the owner, has a Diploma from the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) and is an approved WSET tutor. In short, she knows about wine and she loves to talk about it.
Complete beginners are just as welcome as anyone else.
The most popular private and corporate tastings are based around an interactive wine quiz. Teams compete to follow the clues that Ruth gives them to help them to guess which wine is which. In addition to this there is a little quiz. They leave having learned how to taste wine like a professional.
There are many other tasting formats available, such as Gin tastings and Cheese and Wine Matching. Get in touch to find out more.
Whether your group is 6 people or 600 a wine tasting can be a wonderful event for team-building, getting to know people or simply just to have fun. Cheers!
|Various events throughout the year. Private events to be organised via email. (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- markcA3450GGOnline lockdown champagne tastingSaturday, 9th May 2020Hi we had a fun couple of hours listening and tasting along with a tutored exploration of champagne. This was done via zoom and connected people across the region. The talk was fun and informative. Read full review
- BeckygetsaboutTrip Type:Solo travelWonderful wine tastingSaturday, 9th May 2020We've recently taken part in several online wine tasting experiences with Clifton Wine School and I'd highly recommend them. Ruth is really knowledgeable and makes them fun too. We can't wait to do... Read full review
- PaizayGreat Lockdown Experience!Saturday, 9th May 2020We've now enjoyed five home tasting sessions with Ruth via Zoom - all of them very enjoyable and full of information delivered in a relaxed and humorous way underpinned by her solid knowledge. Great... Read full review