The Fleet Air Arm Museum offers a day out guaranteed to thrill the whole family. You’ll be up close and personal among Europe’s largest collection of Naval aircraft, plus you can step on board the first British Concorde and see the cockpit first hand.
The museum takes you to the heart of the action within the award winning Aircraft Carrier Experience. You’ll ‘fly’ by helicopter to the replica flight deck of the HMS Ark Royal. On board you’ll see ten aircraft and two enormous projection screens showing a Phantom Interceptor Fighter and Buccaneer Low Level Strike Bomber take off and land around you. The sonic and visual assault on the senses is breathtaking.
You’ll experience the drama of a working flight deck and feel the wind in your hair as you witness an air sea rescue when a Buccaneer is lost over the side of the Ark Royal into the sea. You will even see a nuclear bomb.
Outside is a children’s ‘Mini Marines’ adventure playground, a licensed restaurant, shop, ample free parking and excellent disabled access.
More than a museum, The Fleet Air Arm Museum is an exciting experience revealing the history of Naval aviation. Situated alongside Europe’s busiest military air station, you may even see military aircraft going through their training procedures.
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Approx length of visit - between 1 and 4 hours
- Celebrity connection
- Film or TV location
- Max group size - 50
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- Min group size - 15
- Special group rates
- Marketed towards families
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsThe museum is located on the B3151 just off the A303 and A37. It is accessible from the M5 motorway, junction 25 at Taunton. Yeovilton is situated some seven miles north of Yeovil, forty miles south of Bristol, thirty miles north of Weymouth and thrity miles south east of Weston-Super -Mare. Find out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport DirectionsFor comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good506
- Davyboy579Manchester, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat collectionSaturday, 9th March 2019If you like all things naval then visit RNAS Yeovilton and you won't be disappointed, great collection of planes and helicopters showcasing great British engineering and reminding us of some great... Read full review
- Royal_DavisTrip Type:FamilyAmazing ExperienceSaturday, 16th March 2019The Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum, has a huge variety of aircraft, features historical events such as WWII and Falkland Islands in very good detail, and overall is a must-see place. You wont be... Read full review
- Climber58753386508Swindon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesInteresting Day outSunday, 17th March 2019Spent a good 4 hours touring the exhibits. Loads of aircraft to look at including Concorde 002 which you can enter and walk through from one end to the other. Lots of details on aircraft carriers and... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1935 840 565
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* The Museum is open all year round.
Summer: 25th March – October, open daily, 10.00am – 5.30pm
Winter: November – March, Open Wed – Sun, 10.00am – 4.30pm
Also open all Somerset half terms and school holidays.
Closed 24/25/26 December