The Fleet Air Arm Museum offers a day out guaranteed to thrill the whole family. You’ll be up close and personal among Europe’s largest collection of Naval aircraft, plus you can step on board the first British Concorde and see the cockpit first hand.
The museum takes you to the heart of the action within the award winning Aircraft Carrier Experience. You’ll ‘fly’ by helicopter to the replica flight deck of the HMS Ark Royal. On board you’ll see ten aircraft and two enormous projection screens showing a Phantom Interceptor Fighter and Buccaneer Low Level Strike Bomber take off and land around you. The sonic and visual assault on the senses is breathtaking.
You’ll experience the drama of a working flight deck and feel the wind in your hair as you witness an air sea rescue when a Buccaneer is lost over the side of the Ark Royal into the sea. You will even see a nuclear bomb.
Outside is a children’s ‘Mini Marines’ adventure playground, a licensed restaurant, shop, ample free parking and excellent disabled access.
More than a museum, The Fleet Air Arm Museum is an exciting experience revealing the history of Naval aviation. Situated alongside Europe’s busiest military air station, you may even see military aircraft going through their training procedures.
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Approx length of visit - between 1 and 4 hours
- Celebrity connection
- Film or TV location
- Max group size - 50
- Min group size - 15
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- Special group rates
- Marketed towards families
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
The museum is located on the B3151 just off the A303 and A37. It is accessible from the M5 motorway, junction 25 at Taunton. Yeovilton is situated some seven miles north of Yeovil, forty miles south of Bristol, thirty miles north of Weymouth and thrity miles south east of Weston-Super -Mare.
Public Transport DirectionsFor comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good498
- Richard LMarket Drayton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA great day out, so much to see.Monday, 24th September 2018A great museum that traces the history of naval aviation since the start, right up to the present day. Loads of displays and Aircraft all with great information boards. Loads of activities indoors... Read full review
- canfare23tChester, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayUnsatisfactory visitThursday, 27th September 2018Extremely disappointing visit to Fleet Air Arm Museum. Audio visual aids on flight deck not working so displays were lacking in interest or explanation, no staff available to respond to these... Read full review
- GixxaJaseBaghdad, IraqTrip Type:Businessoverpriced and boringThursday, 27th September 2018The admission was £16 for adults and 12 for kids .....disgusting.The restaurant had a limited menu and was very exspensive....dont bother coming. Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1935 840 565
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* The Museum is open all year round.
Summer: 25th March – October, open daily, 10.00am – 5.30pm
Winter: November – March, Open Wed – Sun, 10.00am – 4.30pm
Also open all Somerset half terms and school holidays.
Closed 24/25/26 December