The Fleet Air Arm Museum offers a day out guaranteed to thrill the whole family. You’ll be up close and personal among Europe’s largest collection of Naval aircraft, plus you can step on board the first British Concorde and see the cockpit first hand.
The museum takes you to the heart of the action within the award winning Aircraft Carrier Experience. You’ll ‘fly’ by helicopter to the replica flight deck of the HMS Ark Royal. On board you’ll see ten aircraft and two enormous projection screens showing a Phantom Interceptor Fighter and Buccaneer Low Level Strike Bomber take off and land around you. The sonic and visual assault on the senses is breathtaking.
You’ll experience the drama of a working flight deck and feel the wind in your hair as you witness an air sea rescue when a Buccaneer is lost over the side of the Ark Royal into the sea. You will even see a nuclear bomb.
Outside is a children’s ‘Mini Marines’ adventure playground, a licensed restaurant, shop, ample free parking and excellent disabled access.
More than a museum, The Fleet Air Arm Museum is an exciting experience revealing the history of Naval aviation. Situated alongside Europe’s busiest military air station, you may even see military aircraft going through their training procedures.
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Approx length of visit - between 1 and 4 hours
- Celebrity connection
- Film or TV location
- Max group size - 50
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- Min group size - 15
- Special group rates
- Marketed towards families
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsThe museum is located on the B3151 just off the A303 and A37. It is accessible from the M5 motorway, junction 25 at Taunton. Yeovilton is situated some seven miles north of Yeovil, forty miles south of Bristol, thirty miles north of Weymouth and thrity miles south east of Weston-Super -Mare. Find out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport DirectionsFor comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good530
- Jet504952Fleet air arm museumWednesday, 16th October 2019If anyone is interested in this topic in anyway this is a really good visit. I last visited more than 20 years ago and it has improved. There is now an Aircraft carrier experience which is really... Read full review
- elliebob297Bodmin, United KingdomLong awaited tripSunday, 20th October 2019We have intended to visit for many years but have always been on our way somewhere else when we have passed. We planned our visit this time as part of our journey on a short break. We are both... Read full review
- Sharron GWest Drayton, United KingdomWonderful collection of historySunday, 20th October 2019Great place for everyone to see the history of navel and flight in the uk. Brilliant for children, excellent cafe and play facilities Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1935 840 565
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* The Museum is open all year round.
Summer: 25th March – October, open daily, 10.00am – 5.30pm
Winter: November – March, Open Wed – Sun, 10.00am – 4.30pm
Also open all Somerset half terms and school holidays.
Closed 24/25/26 December