The Fleet Air Arm Museum offers a day out guaranteed to thrill the whole family. You’ll be up close and personal among Europe’s largest collection of Naval aircraft, plus you can step on board the first British Concorde and see the cockpit first hand.
The museum takes you to the heart of the action within the award winning Aircraft Carrier Experience. You’ll ‘fly’ by helicopter to the replica flight deck of the HMS Ark Royal. On board you’ll see ten aircraft and two enormous projection screens showing a Phantom Interceptor Fighter and Buccaneer Low Level Strike Bomber take off and land around you. The sonic and visual assault on the senses is breathtaking.
You’ll experience the drama of a working flight deck and feel the wind in your hair as you witness an air sea rescue when a Buccaneer is lost over the side of the Ark Royal into the sea. You will even see a nuclear bomb.
Outside is a children’s ‘Mini Marines’ adventure playground, a licensed restaurant, shop, ample free parking and excellent disabled access.
More than a museum, The Fleet Air Arm Museum is an exciting experience revealing the history of Naval aviation. Situated alongside Europe’s busiest military air station, you may even see military aircraft going through their training procedures.
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* The Museum is open all year round.
Summer: 25th March – October, open daily, 10.00am – 5.30pm
Winter: November – March, Open Wed – Sun, 10.00am – 4.30pm
Also open all Somerset half terms and school holidays.
Closed 24/25/26 December
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Approx length of visit - between 1 and 4 hours
- Celebrity connection
- Film or TV location
- Max group size - 50
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- Min group size - 15
- Special group rates
- Marketed towards families
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good535
- Wizzo2016Surrey, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat Place to VisitSaturday, 16th November 2019My wife is disabled and I had phoned ahead to reserve a wheelchair on loan. This was ready and waiting for us when we arrived. Free admission for the carer (me) was provided - thank you. Although... Read full review
- donovanb926Milborne Port, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyMr bakerSaturday, 16th November 2019Great place to take the kids to for education and learning of the historical battleships and planes that flew the sky’s during the war, plus you get to go inside a Concorde Read full review
- cidertree24Cardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWeekend visitMonday, 2nd December 2019Definitely good value for money ... the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. There is different halls taking you through the ages. We really enjoyed our day out. Read full review