The Fleet Air Arm Museum offers a day out guaranteed to thrill the whole family. You’ll be up close and personal among Europe’s largest collection of Naval aircraft, plus you can step on board the first British Concorde and see the cockpit first hand.
The museum takes you to the heart of the action within the award winning Aircraft Carrier Experience. You’ll ‘fly’ by helicopter to the replica flight deck of the HMS Ark Royal. On board you’ll see ten aircraft and two enormous projection screens showing a Phantom Interceptor Fighter and Buccaneer Low Level Strike Bomber take off and land around you. The sonic and visual assault on the senses is breathtaking.
You’ll experience the drama of a working flight deck and feel the wind in your hair as you witness an air sea rescue when a Buccaneer is lost over the side of the Ark Royal into the sea. You will even see a nuclear bomb.
Outside is a children’s ‘Mini Marines’ adventure playground, a licensed restaurant, shop, ample free parking and excellent disabled access.
More than a museum, The Fleet Air Arm Museum is an exciting experience revealing the history of Naval aviation. Situated alongside Europe’s busiest military air station, you may even see military aircraft going through their training procedures.
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Approx length of visit - between 1 and 4 hours
- Celebrity connection
- Film or TV location
- Max group size - 50
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- Min group size - 15
- Special group rates
- Marketed towards families
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsThe museum is located on the B3151 just off the A303 and A37. It is accessible from the M5 motorway, junction 25 at Taunton. Yeovilton is situated some seven miles north of Yeovil, forty miles south of Bristol, thirty miles north of Weymouth and thrity miles south east of Weston-Super -Mare. Find out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport DirectionsFor comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good509
- daisy1312potterHampshireGREAT DAY OUTFriday, 10th May 2019If you are into Aircraft this museum has it all. Easy to find, Aircraft carrier is great fun for any age you watch a aircraft being launched then it comes back on deck. Then you go around the decks... Read full review
- VickiCrispStreet, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat family day outSunday, 12th May 2019We have been here many times. Fantastic place to let the kids blow off steam whatever the weather. Lovely cafe and playpark. Read full review
- wcoppardPerth, AustraliaTrip Type:FamilyDidn’t disappointTuesday, 14th May 2019Brilliant display of aircraft from the fleet air arm. Many iconic aircraft on display. The flight deck display is outstanding. Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1935 840 565
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* The Museum is open all year round.
Summer: 25th March – October, open daily, 10.00am – 5.30pm
Winter: November – March, Open Wed – Sun, 10.00am – 4.30pm
Also open all Somerset half terms and school holidays.
Closed 24/25/26 December