Grand Pier at Weston-super-Mare
Tel: +44 (0)1934 620 238
Welcome to the ultimate 21st Century indoor theme park!
The Grand Pier is open every day, except Christmas Day, so come hail, rain or shine, you’ll always get a warm welcome. Whatever the weather is doing outside, it’s still fun, fun, fun on the inside.
The Grand Pier offers visitors some world-class rides and attractions, including a 300-metre indoor go-kart track, F1 simulators and robo-coaster.
Admission is £1 unless you are attending a private or ticketed event.
There is something for everyone, young and old alike – from the arcade machines to thrilling rides, or a relaxing traditional afternoon tea in the exquisite Edwardian-style tea rooms.
The Pavilion building now boasts function rooms, wedding venues, state-of-the-art conferencing facilities, entertainment and event space, all under one roof.
The Grand Pier has 5 stars from North Somerset Council for food hygiene and a diamond award from the hotel and restaurants association for all their outlets and event rooms, both awards are the highest attainable in their disciplines.
About The Grand Pier
Situated in Weston super Mare, the Grand Pier was originally constructed in 1904, the Grand Pier featured a 2,000 seat theatre which was used as a music hall and for opera, stage plays and ballet. The original pavilion was destroyed by fire in 1930. A new pavilion was built in 1933 which housed a large, under cover fun fair. In 1974 the pier became a Grade II listed building. In 2008 the Grand Pier was completely destroyed by fire. Following a £51 Million investment the Grand Pier re-opened it’s doors in October 2010.
- An Introduction to the Pier
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Beach side refreshment kiosk
- Cafes/Licensed Family Restaurants/Refreshments
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Groups Accepted - Pre-booked coach groups do not pay admission charge.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1067
- Dom1874Birmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat funTuesday, 7th January 2020Brilliant few hours spent here. Fun for all kids no matter what age and even has a bar - decent pint as well. Read full review
- John WStafford, United KingdomShinto and moreWednesday, 15th January 2020We needed a cuppa,and as we walked towards the sea on the Grand Pier,we came upon Tiffanys cafe restaurent.We ordered a lot of tea and were served with real Ceylon tea ,loose in a hot tea pot.Full of... Read full review
- helenwD4782SAWest Midlands, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesEnjoyableWednesday, 15th January 2020Haven't been on a pier in ages and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Clean and tidy and the usual penny (2p now) arcade. Lovely long walk to the pier head and you can walk under cover and be protected... Read full review