Noah's Ark Zoo Farm has re-opened, subject to Government restrictions. Please check directly on their website and/or social media channels for the latest updates and how to book.
Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm is the home of the big zoo animals including African Elephants, White Rhinos, Giraffes, Lions, Giant Anteater and Spectacled Bears. You’ll be amazed at the variety of nature you’ll see with over 100 species of animals, set in 100 acres of Somerset countryside. They are now open 7 days a week.
To protect visitors, staff and animals, they have made some changes to assist with social distancing, which are listed in full on the website. Following Step 3 guidance, they are allowing groups of up to 30 people outside with social distancing between household bubbles and groups of up to 6 or 2 households in indoor areas, again with social distancing between households.
• Timed entry tickets must be purchased online prior to your visit
• Limited visitors’ numbers on site to assist with social distancing
• Additional toilets and handwashing stations
• Card payment is preferred at food kiosks and shop
• Indoor play facilities are not currently open
• Most Indoor animal enclosures are open, except the Giraffe house which remains closed
• We have indoor picnic areas located near the café and by the Rainbow Cafe
Interactive Keeper Talks
Noah's Ark Zoo Farm are pleased to now offer a reduced programme of keeper talks. Please see the website for more details.
Outdoor Play Areas
Outdoor play areas are open to the public. Social distancing measures have been put in place together with additional cleaning and hand sanitizing stations. This includes:
• Wallaby Hill play zone
• Zip Wire
• Termite Mound play zone
• Elephant Slide
• Ark for All inclusive Play
• Outdoor trampolines
• Sand Pit
Welly Splash is unable to open at this time.
Remains closed, this will be reviewed when guidance for Step 4 is released.
Food and Catering
The award-winning café will still be serving scrumptious treats through a reduced menu and take-away only service. In addition to the Food Barn, there are kiosks around the site that are open at weekends and peak periods for hot drinks, snacks and ice creams.
Please see the new menu online and for food allergens.
If you would like to pack a picnic, that’s fine but they ask you to bring this into the zoo when you enter to avoid re-entering the zoo. Picnic tables will be available throughout the site.
Keeper Experiences & Encounters
Following government guidance, Noah's Ark Zoo Farm are unable to deliver any Keeper Experiences or Animal Encounters. They are currently not selling any new animal experiences.
Noah's Ark Zoo Farm have embarked on a long-term accessibility program, ‘Ark For All’. The first completed phase was opened by Andy Lewis, MBE, Paralympian. These facilities include a Changing Places toilet, complete with hoist and changing bed (access with a Radar Key), accessible play equipment including a wheelchair accessible roundabout, basket swings and child-friendly accessible animal signs. The attraction offers complimentary hire of wheelchairs and mobility scooters can be hired for a small cost. An Access Guide is available on the website or call the friendly team.
Tractor rides and Birthday Parties
Tractor rides or birthday parties are unable to happen at this time.
Noah's Ark Zoo Farm would like to thank all supporters of the Zoo at this time and ask all guests to take care to follow the additional signage, observe social distancing and the wearing of face coverings in enclosed public areas.
All tickets, including those for free essential carers and under 2’s must be purchased online prior to your arrival to aid with restricting the number of visitors on site. Prices are seasonal, please check the website ticket prices.
You may also like
- Noah's Ark Zoo Farm TV Advert 2017
|Open (9 Jan 2021 - 17 Dec 2021)|
* Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm is now open 7 days a week (10.30am - 5.00pm) with short closure for Christmas at 4pm on 23 December and reopening 2 January 2021. Please see website for more details.
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Gold) 2013
- Bristol Tourism & Hospitality Award Sustainable Tourism Winner 2013 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge 2015
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- AA Awards AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Please contact Noah's Ark to discuss your requirements
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Please contact Noah's Ark to discuss your requirements
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Approx length of visit - All day normally but at least three - four hours.
- Film or TV location
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - Unlimited
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free - Essential carer for disabled visitors gain free entry
- Booking essential - For groups, school and birthday parties
- Min group size - 10 people
- Special group rates - Please contact Noah's Ark to discuss your requirements
- TIC Staff Admitted Free - Please contact before hand to arrange visit
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted - Various size rates
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good375
- clareo890Trip Type:Friends getawayGreat family day out!!Friday, 4th June 2021From the moment you arrive parking is a breeze the portaloos at the entrance were very clean , hand sanitizer stations everywhere, the young lady on the front gate was so smiley and welcoming *saw... Read full review
- travelling_jo_1Trip Type:CouplesHappy, healthy and well loved animalsFriday, 11th June 2021Fantastic day out for all ages. Big zoo animals without the old style animal prisons that you see in traditional Zoos. The animals have lots of room and stimulation in their enclosures. Food and... Read full review
- SGrandfieldSolihull, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayA lovely family daySaturday, 12th June 2021A great family day out on our way down south for a holiday. Have been to lots of zoos/wildlife parks but this one is definitely one of the best we’ve been to. All very spaced out so didn’t feel busy... Read full review