Redpoint Climbing Centre
Tel: +44 (0)1173 322 222
Set in the South of Bristol, this state of the art climbing centre is just south of the SS Great Britain, around the corner from the Ashton Court Estate, Avon Gorge and the spectacular Brunel’s Suspension bridge.
Based in an old Odeon cinema the centre has walls from 3-12.5m including the infamous stalactite meaning it has a huge amount to offer both beginner and competent climbers.
The Centre has its very own Café Bar ‘Bristol Rocks Café’ serving fresh coffee, locally made cakes and gourmet burger menu which is open to the public.
Redpoint offers a variety of sessions run by their qualified and enthusiastic instructors, so if you are new or your skills are a bit rusty, you really are in good hands.
Always wanted to try climbing?
The Taster or Private sessions provide the perfect opportunity to try climbing on the ropes with one of the friendly instructors. You can book in as an individual, group or family.
Maybe you’ve tried climbing before and you want to make it your new hobby? The beginners courses will provide you everything you need to know to climb in safety and style.
They throw the best parties!
Whether it is a child’s special birthday or maybe a stag/hen-do they can accommodate large groups and can provide catering from our very own Café Bar. The instructors are on hand to make sure everyone has an amazing time!
Want to keep your little monkeys occupied and out of your hair?
They have sessions running most evenings and weekends as well as during the holidays. Little Monkeys, Rock Monkeys or Redpoint Youth sessions are a great way for any young aspiring climber to learn or improve upon existing climbing skills and keep active. They can cater for ages 4 and above. Redpoint also run the National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme – a 5 level award available for age 7+ to record climbing achievement.
Dogs are not allowed in the climbing area, but are allowed in the cafe. Redpoint Climbing Centre even have their own resident mascot dog called Ffion!
They have a reputation for being a very friendly centre, so please do pop in and have a cupper anytime, the staff will be pleased to show you around and talk you through anything you are unsure about.
The Centre's website has a full list of sessions and prices, however, feel free to email or call with any questions and to check availability.
Please be aware that all of the sessions need to be pre-booked to avoid disappointment.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Wall Opening
Weekdays - 10am to 10pm
Weekends - 10am to 7pm
Café Bar Opening
Weekdays - 10.30am to 11pm (food from 5pm onwards)
Weekends - 9am to 8pm
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age 4
- Conference facilities - We have 2 group rooms which can be hired for conferences and meetings
- Equipment/clothing available for hire - All safety equipment included in lesson price. Wear comfortable stretchy clothing to allow free movement
- First Aid
- Fully qualified instructors
- Insurance included
- Lockers available
- Secure cycle storage
- Shop - Small shop which sells chalk, chalk bags and other climbing consumables
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- In countryside - Close to Ashton Court and South Bristol
- In town/city centre
- Stag and Hen Parties
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Parking outside of the building and plenty of nearby street parking
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good3
- groberioBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyVisit for indoor climbing, me and my daughterSunday, 24th March 2019It is an incredible place with several climbing options for adults and children. We have tried rock climbing and crazy climbing and recommend both. The place has a coffee shop as well. Also rent... Read full review
- Jerome HTrip Type:CouplesGreat staffFriday, 5th April 2019Just completed a weekend climbing course for beginners. Both our instructors were utterly brilliant.. Friendly,knowledgeable,professional and welcoming.. with great facilities,atmosphere and customer... Read full review
- Sharon324Portishead, England, United KingdomGreat climbing centreMonday, 28th October 2019This is a great place to climb. The staff are helpful & friendly & there are a good variety of climbing walls. There are regular courses for new climbers and a nice cafe at the entrance. Read full review