Set in the South of Bristol, this state of the art climbing centre is just south of the SS Great Britain, around the corner from the Ashton Court Estate, Avon Gorge and the spectacular Brunel’s Suspension bridge.
Based in an old Odeon cinema the centre has walls from 3-12.5m including the infamous stalactite meaning it has a huge amount to offer both beginner and competent climbers.
The Centre has its very own Café Bar ‘Bristol Rocks Café’ serving fresh coffee, locally made cakes and gourmet burger menu which is open to the public.
Redpoint offers a variety of sessions run by their qualified and enthusiastic instructors, so if you are new or your skills are a bit rusty, you really are in good hands.
Always wanted to try climbing?
The Taster or Private sessions provide the perfect opportunity to try climbing on the ropes with one of the friendly instructors. You can book in as an individual, group or family.
Maybe you’ve tried climbing before and you want to make it your new hobby? The beginners courses will provide you everything you need to know to climb in safety and style.
They throw the best parties!
Whether it is a child’s special birthday or maybe a stag/hen-do they can accommodate large groups and can provide catering from our very own Café Bar. The instructors are on hand to make sure everyone has an amazing time!
Want to keep your little monkeys occupied and out of your hair?
They have sessions running most evenings and weekends as well as during the holidays. Little Monkeys, Rock Monkeys or Redpoint Youth sessions are a great way for any young aspiring climber to learn or improve upon existing climbing skills and keep active. They can cater for ages 4 and above. Redpoint also run the National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme – a 5 level award available for age 7+ to record climbing achievement.
They have a reputation for being a very friendly centre, so please do pop in and have a cupper anytime, the staff will be pleased to show you around and talk you through anything you are unsure about.
The Centre's website has a full list of sessions and prices, however, feel free to email or call with any questions and to check availability.
Please be aware that all of the sessions need to be pre-booked to avoid disappointment.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age 4
- Conference facilities - We have 2 group rooms which can be hired for conferences and meetings
- Equipment/clothing available for hire - All safety equipment included in lesson price. Wear comfortable stretchy clothing to allow free movement
- First Aid
- Fully qualified instructors
- Insurance included
- Lockers available
- Secure cycle storage
- Shop - Small shop which sells chalk, chalk bags and other climbing consumables
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- In countryside - Close to Ashton Court and South Bristol
- In town/city centre
- Stag and Hen Parties
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Parking outside of the building and plenty of nearby street parking
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good3
- Garga Roger CTrip Type:Solo travelBeginner courseWednesday, 24th October 2018Good equipment, cool instructor, felt welcome as a total newbie. Going back for part 2 next week. Great cafe too. Read full review
- jandlUkChesterfield, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyChildrens PartySunday, 20th January 2019Were here for a Children's Party (our grandson) which involved climbing for the Kid's - which was well organised - then a meal in a private room. The youngsters thoroughly emjoyed themselves and we... Read full review
- John BTrip Type:Friends getawayFantastic experienceSaturday, 9th February 2019Took our Beaver Scouts from Nailsea to Bristol Redpoint climbing centre for the Crazy Climb and the kids had a fantastic time. The three instructors were great with the kids and the whole experience... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1173 322 222
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Wall Opening
Weekdays - 12pm to 10pm
Weekends - 10am to 7pm
Café Bar Opening
Weekdays - 10pm to 11pm (food from 5pm onwards)
Weekends - 10am to 8pm