Take a Vineyard Tour with Wine Tasting at Aldwick Estate
Tel: +44 (0)1934 864 404
*** Please note: Visit Bristol are in the process of updating our pages with the most up to date information, as and when businesses reopen. Please see individual websites and social media for the most up to date information before you plan a visit. ***
Welcome to Aldwick, a 300 acre family-run farm nestled serenely beneath the northern slopes of the famous Mendip Hills.
Devoted to producing quality wine, they proudly offer tours of their 11 acres of grape vines. Delve into the history behind the largest vineyard in Somerset and their future aspirations; cultivate an understanding of English viticulture; witness the development of grapes from which their wine will be made; assess the results of their labours by sampling their available vintages.
Led by a knowledgeable guide, the tour commences in the venue barns with a presentation, followed by a vineyard walking tour, and concluding with a tasting session. Tours last approximately 90 minutes, depending on group size.
Why not purchase a bottle or two of your favourite Aldwick wines as a memento of your visit and extend your trip with lunch or afternoon tea?
Public tours take place most Wednesdays and Sundays (see website for dates & timings).
Private tours (for groups of 8 or more) can be booked for a mutually convenient day and time,subject to availability
The Cellar Door is open for wine purchases Monday to Thursday 10am – 5pm
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Wine Sales - Monday to Thursday 10am to 5pm
Closed Fridays & Saturdays for Private Events.
Public Pre-Booked Vineyard Tours Wednesday & Sunday
(see website for dates and times)
Closed 24th December to 1st January inclusive.
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good3
- 687thereselLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVineyard Tour and Picnic Basket LunchMonday, 27th July 2020This family run vineyard is well worth a visit . The tour was lovely with great local views.The wine tasting was fun and we really enjoyed trying some excellent Somerset wines. The picnic basket... Read full review
- karlrosenNP19Newport, United KingdomPerfect Wine Tasting and Overnight StayThursday, 13th August 2020With Florida 2020 "Covid cancelled", ourselves and friends have taken to having as many days out and nights away as possible in the UK. I live 45 minutes drive from Aldwick Estate and have never... Read full review
- Sandra SWeston-super-Mare, United KingdombrilliantSunday, 23rd August 2020We live in Somerset and must have passed this gem of a place hundreds of times .my wife had vouchers for the vineyad tour,when we booked we also ordered a picnic to eat before the wine tasting and... Read full review