The Museum at the New Room tells the incredible story of the lives of John and Charles Wesley, the early beginnings of Methodism and its relevance today.
Explore 12 interactive rooms which take you on a fascinating journey into the world of Methodism in the 18th and 19th centuries. During your visit you will discover what life was like in Georgian Bristol and how Methodism spread throughout Britain, America and across the rest of the world.
Discover how the New Room played a vital role in providing healthcare and education for those in need and how John Wesley took a stand against slavery. Discover the challenges faced by Wesley in his fight for social justice and be inspired to continue that work today.
Children (5-16) £4
Senior (over 65) £6
Child (under 5) Free
Family (1 adult and up to 3 childre) £10
Family (2 adults and up to 3 children ) £15*
*each additional child, £2 per child
All tickets to the museum are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
- On-Site café/restaurant - We have a delicious range of drinks, cakes and light lunches as well as afternoon teas and daily specials. Our café caters for vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free diets. Locally sourced and committed to fairtrade.
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages - We have an audio guide in English, Spanish and Korean. A special children’s audio guide is also available.
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In town/city centre
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good83
- MissBehavingPlymouthPlymouthTrip Type:CouplesInteresting and peacefulWednesday, 5th June 2019It was great to be able to see the exact spot where John Wesley caused a riot by teaching against slavery. The volunteer guides are very knowledgeable and welcoming Read full review
- yummy88877Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelHidden gem peaceful historical building in centre busy BristolFriday, 14th June 2019Welcoming well staffed John Wesley chapel with peaceful garden, free with interesting photos of past. There is a new visitor centre which is a fee if £7 and as many visits for year. Cafe with lunch... Read full review
- penguinbairnFalkirk, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelFascinatingSaturday, 15th June 2019What a fascinating and well laid-out wee museum. Yes, it's about the Wesleys and what became to be known as the Methodist Church, but very interesting nonetheless. A hidden gem in the middle of the... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 926 4740
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Last entry is 3.30pm