The New Room Museum has re-opened, subject to Government restrictions. Please check directly on their website and/or social media channels for the latest updates.
The Museum at the New Room tells the incredible story of the lives of John and Charles Wesley, the early beginnings of Methodism and its relevance today.
Explore 12 interactive rooms which take you on a fascinating journey into the world of Methodism in the 18th and 19th centuries. During your visit you will discover what life was like in Georgian Bristol and how Methodism spread throughout Britain, America and across the rest of the world.
Discover how the New Room played a vital role in providing healthcare and education for those in need and how John Wesley took a stand against slavery. Discover the challenges faced by Wesley in his fight for social justice and be inspired to continue that work today.
Children (5-16) £4
Senior (over 65) £6
Child (under 5) Free
Family (1 adult and up to 3 childre) £10
Family (2 adults and up to 3 children ) £15*
*each additional child, £2 per child
All tickets to the museum are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Monday - Saturday, 11am - 3pm
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- On-Site café/restaurant - We have a delicious range of drinks, cakes and light lunches as well as afternoon teas and daily specials. Our café caters for vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free diets. Locally sourced and committed to fairtrade.
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages - We have an audio guide in English, Spanish and Korean. A special children’s audio guide is also available.
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In town/city centre
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good92
- stephenhX3525XMHidden JewelMonday, 14th June 2021Great coffee reasonably priced Set in very interesting surroundings much better than you run of the mill costa or star bucks Read full review
- maureenv637Leeds, United KingdomA Museum worth a visitSaturday, 26th June 2021Really enjoyed our visit to this museum last week. There is lots of information and quite clearly explained. The volunteers were very eager to share their knowledge and it was a pleasure to listen... Read full review
- SamIacobelloWhen you go to Bristol, visit this wonderful placeFriday, 23rd July 2021This is a fantastic place. A lovely museum and a great music venue. I played there with the band I play with and we were made very welcome. Also the chapel is a wonderful music and performance... Read full review