The Museum at the New Room tells the incredible story of the lives of John and Charles Wesley, the early beginnings of Methodism and its relevance today.
Explore 12 interactive rooms which take you on a fascinating journey into the world of Methodism in the 18th and 19th centuries. During your visit you will discover what life was like in Georgian Bristol and how Methodism spread throughout Britain, America and across the rest of the world.
Discover how the New Room played a vital role in providing healthcare and education for those in need and how John Wesley took a stand against slavery. Discover the challenges faced by Wesley in his fight for social justice and be inspired to continue that work today.
Children (5-16) £4
Senior (over 65) £6
Child (under 5) Free
Family (1 adult and up to 3 childre) £10
Family (2 adults and up to 3 children ) £15*
*each additional child, £2 per child
All tickets to the museum are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
- On-Site café/restaurant - We have a delicious range of drinks, cakes and light lunches as well as afternoon teas and daily specials. Our café caters for vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free diets. Locally sourced and committed to fairtrade.
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages - We have an audio guide in English, Spanish and Korean. A special children’s audio guide is also available.
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In town/city centre
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good84
- Ursula ACeredigion, United KingdomLovely little placeTuesday, 6th August 2019We popped in as my son was intent on showing me where parts of Poldark had been filmed. We ended up going upstairs to the museum which was small but very interesting. The gent on the desk was so... Read full review
- CraffwrWest WalesTrip Type:CouplesPiece of Welsh history in City CentreMonday, 19th August 2019Chapel was well preserved with substancial information regarding the history behind the Methodist movement amongst the Welsh Christians presiding in Bristol during the 19th century. Pleasant visit... Read full review
- ericsF8715XHCuyahoga Falls, OhioWell put together museumTuesday, 20th August 2019The museum above the New Room Chapel was very well put together, packing a lot of information into a relatively compact space. Set up to keep you flowing through. My 4 year old twins were a little... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 926 4740
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Last entry is 3.30pm