The New Room Museum is delighted to have reopened. The new opening hours are Tuesday - Saturday, 11am - 3pm. For more information, please visit their website.
The Museum at the New Room tells the incredible story of the lives of John and Charles Wesley, the early beginnings of Methodism and its relevance today.
Explore 12 interactive rooms which take you on a fascinating journey into the world of Methodism in the 18th and 19th centuries. During your visit you will discover what life was like in Georgian Bristol and how Methodism spread throughout Britain, America and across the rest of the world.
Discover how the New Room played a vital role in providing healthcare and education for those in need and how John Wesley took a stand against slavery. Discover the challenges faced by Wesley in his fight for social justice and be inspired to continue that work today.
Children (5-16) £4
Senior (over 65) £6
Child (under 5) Free
Family (1 adult and up to 3 childre) £10
Family (2 adults and up to 3 children ) £15*
*each additional child, £2 per child
All tickets to the museum are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Last entry is 3.30pm
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- On-Site café/restaurant - We have a delicious range of drinks, cakes and light lunches as well as afternoon teas and daily specials. Our café caters for vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free diets. Locally sourced and committed to fairtrade.
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages - We have an audio guide in English, Spanish and Korean. A special children’s audio guide is also available.
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In town/city centre
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good90
- KnmarshHuntsville, AlabamaTrip Type:BusinessMethodist HistoryThursday, 5th March 2020I was in Bristol for work and pleasantly surprised to find this site wasn’t far from my hotel. As a member of the United Methodist Church in the States I had to visit. The chance to stand in the... Read full review
- pippacatterallLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeing the best you canWednesday, 26th August 2020One of John Wesley’s most quotable aphorisms is about being the best you can be. This little gem of a museum lives up to that. Wesley’s attempts to grapple with the problems of his day and apply his... Read full review
- ABZB2014London, United KingdomWell Worth A VisitWednesday, 16th September 2020I know next to nothing about the methodists but it was raining and I like visiting churches so it seemed like a good to have a quick visit. I loved the chapel, and you could walk around and imagine... Read full review