Tours, Tastings and Workshops with Limeburn Hill Biodynamic Vineyard
Tel: +44 (0)7838 187 776
Tours and Tastings
Join for a tour of Limeburn Hill Biodynamic Vineyard, located on the south facing slopes of Westfield Farm in the Chew Valley.
The vineyard manager and winemaker will take you on a guided walk through the vines, demonstrating how they are managed in a natural and sustainable way, and explain how the biodynamic farming methods create such special wine. The tour will culminate in a guided tasting of our wines where we it will be explained how they make wine naturally using only the juice and wild yeast. There will also be a chance to ask questions of the makers and buy bottles to take home.
Private tours, tastings and events can be arranged for interested groups at other times - please feel free to contact them to discuss your requirements.
Vineyard Tour and Wine Tasting Dates:
Sunday 4th July
Sunday 25th July
Sunday 8th August
Workshops at Limeburn Hill Vineyard
1-day workshop on Biodynamic Winegrowing
This workshop, run by Robin Snowdon (vineyard manager and winemaker), will cover the basics of biodynamic viticulture (growing grapes) and viniculture (making wine). It will include:
• the principles of biodynamic agriculture
• an introduction to biodynamic vineyard management
• the use of compost teas, whey & plant-based sprays for vine health
• an introduction to the biodynamic preparations with examples
• a tour of the vineyard and exploration of the grape varieties, trellising systems, soil care and treatments
• an introduction to biodynamic wine making
• a tasting of our natural wines with an explanation of the winemaking processes
There will be a maximum of 12 people on the workshop to enable space and time for everyone to ask questions. The price also includes lunch which again will be made and served in a way following any government guidelines related to the Covid 19 virus. If you would like more information then please feel free to contact Robin directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday 18th July
Sunday 12th September
£70 (including lunch and a tasting of our 2 natural wines).
* Check website for dates or contact them to organise a private tour.