Encounters Festival is the UK’s leading short film and animation festival and annual meeting place for new, emerging and established filmmakers and industry professionals.
Providing a single platform for celebrating talent and innovation, Encounters Festival presents an annual International Competition, Industry Programme and an inspiring selection of screenings, events and parties during the festival week in Bristol, UK, including more than 400 films and 60 events across 6 days.
- Adam Buxton's Best Of BUG will be an evening of awe-inspiring music videos, astounding online nuggets
- Desert Island Flicks with Michael Dudok de Wit, Academy Award® winning animator of The Red Turtle.
- Masterclass with Pierre Coffin of Illumination, co-director of the Despicable Me films and voice of the Minions.
- Short films from the Tate's Art in the Age of Black Power exhibition, with work of filmmakers including Zawe Ashton.
- Immersive Encounters: 4 days of collaborative viewing experiences from the best new filmmakers making VR/AR and 360 degree work.
- Stuart Warren-Hill will be showing his futuristic music/VR crossover piece, Holotronica 3D.
- Interactive audience exhibits Marieke Verbiesen’s Mayhem Machine and Playback from Random Acts, whose short films reflect the vision of young people working with film today.
Map & Directions
Tel: +44 (0) 1179 299188
|Date (25 Sept 2018 - 30 Sept 2018)|