This May Half-Term, We The Curious are all about showing us the positive actions we can take to tackle the challenges facing our planet:
- REWILD Our Planet - Blending stunning IMAX style projections with spatial soundscapes, this AR experience showcases the wonders of our world, providing a unique perspective on the collective action required to ensure people and nature can thrive.
- ‘Protein and the Planet’ – talking about the role of protein in our diet and looking at alternatives. Visitors can get involved preparing some interesting alternatives, such as sushi made from insects.
- ‘Change-makers’ – children and adults will be encouraged to leave their own promises to the planet, or get creative and step into the shoes of people with influence – what would you do if you were a city mayor or the owner of a big business?
- ‘Expedition Earth’ live science show – families are invited aboard an imaginary spaceship on a quest to discover the perfect planet, balancing the crew’s requirements along the way.
- ‘Air Detectives’ – an opportunity to investigate what’s in the air we breathe, have a go with sensors and take a detailed look at air pollution data.
- ‘Spring Stargazing’ – audiences in the 3D Planetarium* will be transported to the inhospitable surface of Venus and out into space for some unique views of how our planet is changing.
- ‘Leviathan’s Temple’ – an art installation exploring the shifting currents of environmental and social change in coastal, post-industrial communities of South-West England and the Norwegian Arctic Circle.
Map & Directions
Tel: +44 (0)117 915 1000
Sorry, this event has passed