Welcome to Bristol's Rock N Bowl Hostel. Set above The Lanes perfectly located in the centre of Bristol, our backpackers' hostel is a great base for your stay in the city.
You and your friends can have the choice of different size dormitories - 2 - 20 beds to a room, and female only accommodation. They are also one of the only budget hostels in Bristol that can accommodate large groups, such as international groups and educational tours. The rooms are big simple and uncluttered. The hostel is a smart, clean place to stay with excellent facilities at a very good price, especially the weekly rate.
Staying at the Rock and Bowl also gives you exclusive access to their ground floor bar called The Lanes, which houses a retro bowling alley, bar and karaoke room. You'll get the best deals on pizza, beer and club nights.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 30th Mar 2017
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 31st Mar 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Film or TV location - Please get in contact if you would like to use the venue for filming of photoshoots.
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Old Labour Exchange.
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - NCP opposite Hostel, The Grand Hotel, the Galleries and Cabot Circus
- Other sporting facilities - Bowling
- Cooking facilities for guests' use
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Modem point in all bedrooms - Wi-fi
- Accept coach parties
- Cater for females - Female only dorms available.
- Cater for groups
- Cater for individuals
- Cater for males
- Central heating throughout
- Drying Facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open all year
- Regular evening entertainment - Bands, DJ's. Check 'The Lanes'website for details.
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFind out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport Directions
From Bristol Train Station (Temple Meads): (1000 metres) (15 minutes walk):
Leave station complex and turn right,
Follow pedestrian signs for 'Old City',
This will take you along, Victoria Street,
Over Bristol Bridge,
Keep straight on High Street (Do not turn onto Baldwin Street)
Take the left fork onto Broad Street
Turn Left on John Street and follow it down past the Bank Pub. At the bottom of the hill you will find the main entrance with 'The Lanes' written above the door.
Bristol Bus Station (Malborough Street) - (400 metres) (3 minutes walk)
Use the exit by Rank 1,
Turn left down the hill,
Follow pedestrian signs for 'The Centre Promenade'
turn right in front of 'The Bay Horse' pub,
continue past the 'Three Sugarloaves' pub, cross the road at corner of Bridwell Street. Walk past Police Station on your right. The Rock n Bowl Motel is in front of you, use the entrance at The Lanes.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good243
- Helen JTrip Type:Solo travelNoisy!Saturday, 18th March 2017Music SO loud that your bed vibrates, till 3am! Noisiest hostel I've ever stayed at! Do not consider this place unless you can afford to be awaketill 3am! Otherwise, wifi is in good working order... Read full review
- anebenmenBasque Country, SpainTrip Type:CouplesAwfulMonday, 6th March 2017I couldn’t sleep anything until three o’clock at the morning, the disco’s music could be heard as if you were there. Indeed, it seemed that bedroom could break down at anytime above the disco. Simply... Read full review
- wouterkostenseMaassluis, The NetherlandsTrip Type:Solo travelCan be betterSunday, 5th March 2017While traveling i prefer hostels but this place needs to take that step extra. The food in the restaurant is great, but the hostel disappointing. 28 pounds and no curtains, not clean anywhere, shower... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 325 1980