Welcome to Bristol's Rock N Bowl Hostel. Set above The Lanes perfectly located in the centre of Bristol, our backpackers' hostel is a great base for your stay in the city.
You and your friends can have the choice of different size dormitories - 2 - 20 beds to a room, and female only accommodation. They are also one of the only budget hostels in Bristol that can accommodate large groups, such as international groups and educational tours. The rooms are big simple and uncluttered. The hostel is a smart, clean place to stay with excellent facilities at a very good price, especially the weekly rate.
Staying at the Rock and Bowl also gives you exclusive access to their ground floor bar called The Lanes, which houses a retro bowling alley, bar and karaoke room. You'll get the best deals on pizza, beer and club nights.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 23rd Feb 2017
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 24th Feb 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Film or TV location - Please get in contact if you would like to use the venue for filming of photoshoots.
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Old Labour Exchange.
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - NCP opposite Hostel, The Grand Hotel, the Galleries and Cabot Circus
- Other sporting facilities - Bowling
- Cooking facilities for guests' use
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Modem point in all bedrooms - Wi-fi
- Accept coach parties
- Cater for females - Female only dorms available.
- Cater for groups
- Cater for individuals
- Cater for males
- Central heating throughout
- Drying Facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open all year
- Regular evening entertainment - Bands, DJ's. Check 'The Lanes'website for details.
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFind out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport Directions
From Bristol Train Station (Temple Meads): (1000 metres) (15 minutes walk):
Leave station complex and turn right,
Follow pedestrian signs for 'Old City',
This will take you along, Victoria Street,
Over Bristol Bridge,
Keep straight on High Street (Do not turn onto Baldwin Street)
Take the left fork onto Broad Street
Turn Left on John Street and follow it down past the Bank Pub. At the bottom of the hill you will find the main entrance with 'The Lanes' written above the door.
Bristol Bus Station (Malborough Street) - (400 metres) (3 minutes walk)
Use the exit by Rank 1,
Turn left down the hill,
Follow pedestrian signs for 'The Centre Promenade'
turn right in front of 'The Bay Horse' pub,
continue past the 'Three Sugarloaves' pub, cross the road at corner of Bridwell Street. Walk past Police Station on your right. The Rock n Bowl Motel is in front of you, use the entrance at The Lanes.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good241
- Aleksandra GLondon, England, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelVery loud and stinkySaturday, 4th February 2017I stayed only for one night and I'm very happy that I didn't have to stay for more! Whole hostel stank like old unwashed socks, especially dorm. The night that I stayed there was a night club in a... Read full review
- Gaurav DTrip Type:Friends getawayExcellent Location-Value for money.Thursday, 2nd February 2017Location is excellent. Just 4 mins walk to bus station and shopping centres/city centre. Many other complementary facilities. Lived in 12 bed room and it was more than comfortable. Cleanliness is... Read full review
- Angel BPlasencia, SpainTrip Type:Solo travelNear the Bus station, perfect location!!!Tuesday, 31st January 2017The Motel is very well located, just 5 minutes walking from bus station. It is quite clean and comfortable. I spent only one night in a 20 people bedroom, so it was pretty quite. The breakfast would... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 325 1980