The Old Market Assembly is Bristol's newest and most exciting cultural venue. No one day or night is the same and a visit will surely leave an impression. A multitude of different things to different people, it's primarily a restaurant with a vegetarian and vegan slant serving lunch and dinner to anyone and everyone. But it's also home to the Wardrobe Theatre, a 100 seat studio theatre for comedy, drama and subversive theatre. And after the theatre wraps, live music and revellery reigns from jazz on Monday to swing dancing Wednesday to full on blow the doors off hip hop, funk soul and drag queen bingo fashion shows on the weekend guaranteed to have people on the tables until the early hours.
Affordability is at the heart of the Old Market Assembly with the belief that everybody should be able to eat healthily and enjoy cultural activities without it breaking the bank - so mains start at £6.50, coffees are £2, theatre tickets start at £5 and it's always free to see the band.
The Old Market Assembly is also the perfect place to enjoy a Sunday roast in Bristol. With their flexitarian ethos in mind they have created a delicious menu full of local produce and delectable flavours. With the addition of some scrumptious deserts, a wide range of ales, wine and spirits and a roaring log fire it is the place to while away the hours on a Sunday afternoon.
A responsibly out-of-control venue embracing a triple bottom line to support people, planet and profit. The Old Market Assembly supports local suppliers, pays more than minimum wage and looks to invest back into the local community through charity partnerships. For this reason, the Old Market Assembly has the highest rating from the Sustainable Restaurant Association.
- In town/city centre
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
- Guide dogs permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Ramp to main entrance
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Conference facilities
- Live music
- Private rooms
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good12
- bdk86BristolTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat placeMonday, 27th March 2017Fantastic food and service, and lovely atmosphere, too. I really would recommend a visit, and we try to pop over at least once a month. My only (minor) gripes are that sometimes it's a little cold... Read full review
- ExpertJulesBristolTrip Type:Friends getawaySaturday evening drinksMonday, 20th March 2017Absolutely loved this place, it's a beautiful old building that has maintained so many of the original features. It has a great atmosphere and lovely cocktails. Will definitely return to eat, every... Read full review
- Nana MBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayEarly closing!!Thursday, 16th March 2017Great food and good range of drinks but refused to serve us drinks at 10.55pm and no time called - disappointing! Read full review
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|