Nestled in the rolling hills of the Chew Valley, The Pony & Trap has been a mainstay of the South West food scene since Josh and Holly Eggleton first took over the reins in 2006. With Josh running the kitchen and Holly in charge of front of house, this brother sister duo have built a well deserved reputation for quality.
One of the most exciting places to eat and drink in the South West, The Pony and Trap has held a Michelin Star since 2011 and was recently ranked the best Gastropub in the region. The pub has had a colourful past and has been part of the local community for generations; while it may offer Michelin standard food and seven course tasting menus it is still a pub at heart and remains a popular watering hole for local farmers, residents and walkers alike.
With a guiding ethos that food should move from field to fork, chef-patron Josh goes to great lengths to ensure everything on the menu is locally sourced. The varied menu changes daily and the team know the provenance of everything on it. With all of the fresh ingredients sourced from just across the valley, the farmland surrounding The Pony & Trap is merely an extension of its kitchens.
To book a table please call 01275 332627
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Map & Directions
Leaving Bristol on the A37 and just beyond the village of Pensford at the roundabout at Chelwood, turn right on the A368 signed Weston-super-mare. After approximately 1.5 miles you will see a sign for the Pony & Trap asking you to turn right, signed Chew Magna 2 miles, Winford 5 miles. You will find them 1 mile along, on your right.
Public Transport DirectionsFor comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good180
- barbaracalcuttBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDisappointing meal with taster menuTuesday, 28th March 2017We were in a group of four and the three of us that had the 'fresh' oysters had vomiting and diahorrea afterwards. I was beginning to think that the kitchen didn't have a cooker as the three tasters... Read full review
- CaerleonColCaerleonTrip Type:FamilyThe Dogs..Monday, 27th March 2017We visited The Pony & Trap for lunch on a Saturday. To borrow the cockney vernacular it definitely wasn't any old pony. It was the dogs.. The place is an absolute delight to visit, extremely friendly... Read full review
- KayGBanburyBanburyTrip Type:FamilyWonderful!Sunday, 26th March 2017Tucked down a little lane about 15 minutes from Bristol, this place is absolutely worth seeking out. I visited on Saturday night for a family celebration and enjoyed one of the best meals I've had... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1275 332 627
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Closed Mondays except for Bank Holidays and through December.