Nestled in the rolling hills of the Chew Valley, The Pony & Trap has been a mainstay of the South West food scene since Josh and Holly Eggleton first took over the reins in 2006. With Josh running the kitchen and Holly in charge of front of house, this brother sister duo have built a well deserved reputation for quality.
One of the most exciting places to eat and drink in the South West, The Pony and Trap has held a Michelin Star since 2011 and was recently ranked the best Gastropub in the region. The pub has had a colourful past and has been part of the local community for generations; while it may offer Michelin standard food and seven course tasting menus it is still a pub at heart and remains a popular watering hole for local farmers, residents and walkers alike.
With a guiding ethos that food should move from field to fork, chef-patron Josh goes to great lengths to ensure everything on the menu is locally sourced. The varied menu changes daily and the team know the provenance of everything on it. With all of the fresh ingredients sourced from just across the valley, the farmland surrounding The Pony & Trap is merely an extension of its kitchens.
To book a table please call 01275 332627
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Map & Directions
Leaving Bristol on the A37 and just beyond the village of Pensford at the roundabout at Chelwood, turn right on the A368 signed Weston-super-mare. After approximately 1.5 miles you will see a sign for the Pony & Trap asking you to turn right, signed Chew Magna 2 miles, Winford 5 miles. You will find them 1 mile along, on your right.
Public Transport DirectionsFor comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good176
- Jules0915Manchester, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFabulous foodMonday, 13th February 2017Visited here while visiting family in the area. Cosy country pub with excellent food. The staff are really friendly the place has a lovely relaxing atmosphere. The food really is second to none, it... Read full review
- SHarris1968Wells, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMr.S.Harris - 11/02/17Sunday, 12th February 2017We recently visited this highly recommended Restaurant for Dinner on Saturday 11 February and we're very disappointed. Firstly, we were sat at a Table positioned adjacent to the Restaurant Reception... Read full review
- lucybreesWeston-super-Mare, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExceptional foodSunday, 12th February 2017My husband and I visited with another couple last night and were blown away with the quality of the food. The furniture is a little uncomfortable for long legged people like us but it is all part of... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1275 332 627
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Closed Mondays except for Bank Holidays and through December.