Rediscover Family Time at Old Down Country Park
Set in 66 acres of breath-taking countryside walks, gardens, animals, play areas and a cafe catering for all the family, Old Down Country Park is an award winning local attraction.
There is plenty of green space to roam and play with a jumping pillow, an adventure playground, trampolines, woodland and fields. There are farm animals to meet in the fields and an animal encounters area where you can stroke, cuddle and handle the rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens and more. There is also a Yurt to hire for birthday parties and family gatherings with a log burner.
The rustic Barn Café is open daily from 10am - 3pm and offers a hearty cooked breakfast, delicious lunches and a range of hot and cold snacks, homemade cake and great coffee served in the beautiful converted stables and warmed by a log fire. Our Estate Farm Shop stocks a range of Estate grown and locally sourced produce and gifts. You will also find a selection homemade treats including jam, chutneys and bread baked in our Kitchens.
The Country Park is part of Old Down Estate, a Victorian Country residence which has undergone a recent renovation. The beautiful Manor House is now used as a wedding and event venue perfect for all family celebrations. They also serve a delicious Sunday dinner every Sunday from November through to March, book by calling 01454 414081.
Old Down Estate is easily accessible from Bristol, Thornbury and the M5 / M4 / M48 motorway system.
- Childrens Play Area
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
Season tickets are available at: £102.00 for two adults plus two children, Child (2-15yrs) £26.00, Additional children £11.00 each, Single Adult £41.50, Concession £26.00, Childminder (with 2 children) £84.00.
Discounts are available for Schools and Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good37
- HLM1994Bristol, England, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyOver priced cafeSunday, 19th February 2017I have been for a couple of times now for lunch as it is local. Whilst the place is over run with children which is not a problem, and the staff worked very hard cleaning the awful mess that was... Read full review
- Mary FTrip Type:FamilyLovely and spaced out animal attraction.Saturday, 11th February 2017Great way to entertain the children on a weekend or during the holidays. Lots of farm type animals, well spread out and plenty of space for picnics etc as well as great ways to tire out the kids. Read full review
- BristolDawn1Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely settingMonday, 30th January 2017We were nvited to a friends wedding. Very friendly staff, the reception was run like clockwork. The staff seemed to be informing the bride and groom of all the timings. The food presentation was... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1454 414 958
- Visit England Code of Practice 2011
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Closed 25-26 DecemberDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change