Bristol Aquarium in Bristol's historic Harbourside area takes you and your family and friends on a spectacular undersea safari.
Bristol Aquarium showcases tropical, marine and freshwater creatures from around the world in naturally-themed habitats, all designed to inspire deeper understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
Explore The Deep
Embark on a fascinating journey from the British coast through warmer waters to exotic tropical seas. Highlights include a life-size recreation of a sunken ship, a Bristol harbour scene, a walk-in seahorse display and a wooden footbridge, over the open-top giant coral seas display, which are home to tropical sharks and unicorn fish.
From the hidden world of UK waters, the Bristol Aquarium transports visitors to the spectacular underwater gardens of the Mediterranean and the stunning beauty of tropical waters, which are home to everything from fox faced rabbitfish and puffer fish to living corals and clownfish.
Other displays recreate mangroves, giant rock pools, Amazon rainforest pools and a South American fishing village. Part of the aquarium is also contained within a giant glasshouse, which is home to a huge variety of living plants and trees. There are even bananas growing!
The centrepiece of the aquarium is the coral seas display, where visitors can enjoy the closest of undersea encounters in an underwater walk-through tunnel through the reef, from inside a glass cavern and via bubble window viewing points. More than forty other naturally-themed displays reveal the sheer variety of life in the deep, from crabs and lobsters to piranhas and archer fish.
- Gift Shop
- Groups Accepted - Schools and other groups welcome - please contact us or visit the website for more information
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Nearest public car park is at Millennium Square
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Conference facilities - Contact At-Bristol -0117 9158000
- Event Venue - Contact A-Bristol - 0117 9158000
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Subject to availability. Feeds and talks will be announced on the day
- Educational Visits Accepted - School Groups welcome Booking required
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Booking required
- Bristol Aquarium Video
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good345
- alig1020Cardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWe found Dory and Nemo!Saturday, 22nd April 2017Lovely time at the aquarium. Lots of different things to look at and the talk during the ray feeding was very interesting! Read full review
- BKK_BennyGloucester, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyIt's been kept simple...Saturday, 22nd April 2017The keep it simple mantra has been well applied here. There are concise, informative labels giving details about the species in each tank and a limited number of other information signs. In similar... Read full review
- MCC19692017Weston-super-Mare, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFamily time!Thursday, 20th April 2017We really enjoyed ourselves today- well worth a visit! Really good facts as you walk around and just the right balance (not just about fish either, plants etc, surroundings)- we as a family learnt a... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 8929
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Closed Christmas Day only.
Opening hours vary through year