The spectacular Bristol Aquarium in Bristol's historic Harbourside area takes you and your family and friends on a spectacular undersea safari.
Bristol Aquarium showcases native and tropical marine and freshwater creatures from around the world in naturally-themed habitats, all designed to inspire deeper understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
Explore The Deep
Embark on a fascinating journey from the British coast through warmer waters to exotic tropical seas. Highlights include a life-size recreation of a sunken ship, a Bristol harbour scene, a walk-in seahorse display and a wooden footbridge, over the open-top giant coral seas display, which are home to tropical sharks and unicorn fish.
From the hidden world of UK waters, the Bristol Aquarium transports visitors to the spectacular underwater gardens of the Mediterranean and the stunning beauty of tropical waters, which are home to everything from fox faced rabbitfish and puffer fish to living corals and clownfish.
Other displays recreate mangroves, giant rock pools, Amazon rainforest pools and a South American fishing village. Part of the aquarium is also contained within a giant glasshouse, which is home to a huge variety of living plants and trees. There are even bananas growing!
The centrepiece of the aquarium is the coral seas display, where visitors can enjoy the closest of undersea encounters in an underwater walk-through tunnel through the reef, from inside a glass cavern and via bubble window viewing points. More than forty other naturally-themed displays reveal the sheer variety of life in the deep, from crabs and lobsters to piranhas and archer fish.
- Gift Shop
- Groups Accepted - Schools and other groups welcome - please contact us or visit the website for more information
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Nearest public car park is at Millennium Square
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Conference facilities - Contact At-Bristol -0117 9158000
- Event Venue - Contact A-Bristol - 0117 9158000
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Subject to availability. Feeds and talks will be announced on the day
- Educational Visits Accepted - School Groups welcome Booking required
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Booking required
- Bristol Aquarium Video
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good313
- Peter FWroughton, United KingdomTrip Type:Couplesprobably not the best time to visitWednesday, 30th November 2016Sure this will be an excellent attraction when renovations are complete earlyish part of next year. There is a good collection of fish and plant life and an informative and engaging approach to the... Read full review
- Asaba ETrip Type:Friends getawayBeautiful sceneryMonday, 21st November 2016What a lovely place, I saw couple of creatures had never seen before and it's so fun to adventure around it's like a maze but you would never get lost Read full review
- clydepcastelinoBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelA "must visit" aquariumMonday, 21st November 2016The staff are brilliant, welcoming and friendly. It is extremely therapeutic to walk through the various sections and observe the variety of specimens. Saw multi-tasking in action as Rachel fed the... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 8929
|Open (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
* Closed Christmas Day only. Opening hours vary through year