Bristol Ferry Boats provide a scheduled waterbus service around Bristol’s unique Floating Harbour 364 days of the year come rain or shine and have done for 40 years (it is their 40th birthday this year)! Visitors and locals alike can hop on and off their boats at any of their 17 stops.
Arriving by train at Temple Meads station? Hop on a ferry (the stop is just a couple of minutes walk from the station) and take a leisurely trip to Bristol’s Shopping Quarter, The City Centre, At-Bristol, The Aquarium and of course what better way to arrive at Brunel’s SS Great Britain than by water? The Harbour offers a huge range of bars, restaurants, markets and cafes too as well as the bigger attractions.
Why not stay on board the heated covered boats for a forty minute round trip and take in the sights and sounds of the vibrant City Centre? It is a fascinating way to see the city from a completely different perspective.
Starting in spring Bristol Ferry Boats offer public trips up the Avon Gorge and under the Clifton Suspension Bridge, lovely river trips to Beeses Bar & Tea Gardens for Sunday roast, Riverside picnics and even a fascinating trip up the New Cut. Have you ever wondered what wildlife lies in the Avon Gorge? On their Gorge Wildlife cruises local naturalist Ed Drewitt will open your eyes to things you would not usually notice and his enthusiasm will be sure to keep you thoroughly entertained! See this year's dates on their website and be sure to call and book your place.
New for 2017 - Bands at Beeses
What better way to kick start your weekend than an evening boat-trip to this legendary riverside venue. Sit back with a beer or a cheeky G&T and their lovely boat will transport you through the tranquil, leafy,waterways to Beeses. Here you can hop off the boat and soak up the beautiful surroundings whilst enjoying a delicious hog roast, quaffIing a pint of fine ale and of course the ineffable entertainment of a great live band.
The boats are also all available to hire for private trips from educational tours, corporate events, birthdays, weddings, hen dos, river cruises, vintage tea parties, bucks fizz breakfasts, transfers and of course the classic booze cruise. Just give our friendly staff a call and start planning your special event.
- Groups Accepted
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre - Based in the historic Harbour area.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- Booking essential
- Euros accepted
- Special group rates
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Dogs Accepted
- Event Venue
- Open all year
- Toilets - On all covered Boats, not on open Boats
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Ferry Boats - Heading Home Video
- Ferry Boats - Nightrush Video
- Ferry Boats - Matilda
- How to get to the Temple Meads landing stage.
Map & Directions
Many landing stages accessible by public transport - see website for more information
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good265
- Chard41Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely situationTuesday, 28th March 2017We had various trips around the docks with family visiting from Australia as well as Bristol based members. Very interesting to see Bristol from a different view point Read full review
- Gillian MTrip Type:Friends getawayBrilliant ferry tripsTuesday, 28th March 2017Excellent way to get your bearings. You are able to hop on and hop off. The crew are extremely helpful and full of advice and local knowledge. A must when visiting Bristol. Read full review
- denise956Ilfracombe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreatSunday, 26th March 2017Four of us went on these. Really great. On and off as we wanted and a completely different view of Bristol. Will defiantly use next time in Bristol. At £6 each was a bargain Read full review