Step on board the most extraordinary time-machine. Brunel’s ss Great Britain, the world’s first great ocean liner is Bristol’s no.1 attraction and in the top 10 in the UK (TripAdvisor 2014/15).
Brunel’s ss Great Britain has enjoyed over 170 years of adventure, travelled a million miles at sea and been around the world 32 times. It’s been an incredible journey and it’s far from over.
Now one of the UK’s best-loved all-weather attractions, Brunel’s ss Great Britain is a fantastic day out for the whole family. You can explore the decks, dockside or down below the spectacular glass sea. Be transported by sights, sounds and even smells as you investigate life on board. You can even see if you’ve got what it takes to be a Victorian sailor and scale the mainmast with Go Aloft!
There are a wide range of events and activities throughout the year, ranging from special Halloween events and curator-led talks about rare artefacts from the archive. To find out more, visit the Brunel’s ss Great Britain website, social media channels or pick up a leaflet.
Tickets are valid for a whole year. Visit the website for full details.
Brunel's ss Great Britain are now on Pinterest so make sure you head over and follow them.
- Gift Shop
- Groups Accepted
- Wedding Venue
- Celebrity connection
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- Special group rates
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Event Venue
- Licenced for civil marriages
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Saturday tours 2pm
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals - Saturday tours 2pm
Map & Directions
Concession include: Seniors aged 60 and over; unemployed; Registered disabled (companion/assistant free entry), students aged 18 and over. Appropriate and valid identification must be provided.
Children aged 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
With every ticket one year FREE return visits!
Gas Ferry Road
Tel: +44 (0)117 926 0680
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Code of Practice 2011
- Regional and Miscellaneous Rough Guide to Accessible Britain - Best Heritage Venue 2010
- Regional and Miscellaneous British Travel Awards Best Theme Park / Visitor Attraction - Silver 2009
- Visit England Enjoy England - Outstanding Customer Service of the Year 2009
- Visit England Enjoy England Business Tourism Award 2010
|Open All Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
* 10am - 5.30pm (April to October) 10am - 4.30pm (November to March) Last ticket sales are one hour before closing Open every day, except 24 and 25 Dec and the second Monday in Jan