Tyntesfield is a spectacular National Trust Victorian Gothic Revival estate situated near Wraxall, North Somerset. Within the estate lies the Sawmill, a wonderful Grade 11 listed building that has been sensitively restored to maintain its industrial heritage that can be hired out for both private events and functions and also corporate meetings and away days. There are two rooms that can be hired individually or the building can be hired as a whole for exclusive use.
Nestled amongst woodland with sweeping views over rolling parkland and the Yeo valley, yet only 7 miles and 15 minutes by car from the centre of Bristol and close to J19 of the M5 motorway. Nailsea and Backwell station is only 2 miles away and a frequent bus service runs from Bristol bus station and drops at the entrance to the estate. Free parking is also available in the large visitor car park, making this the ideal venue to hire.
Included in the hire price of the Sawmill is complimentary access to the gardens for all guests or delegates attending an event, meeting or function at the Sawmill. Discover Italianate terraces, a croquet lawn, walled kitchen garden, recently restored Grade 11 listed Orangery and also our own arboretum called Paradise. Discover spacious parkland filled with hundreds of trees, many collected by the Gibbs family themselves.
The venue's own internal Catering team can provide a variety of food choices including cold buffets and hot meals, with many of the ingredients coming from their own productive kitchen garden making the food fresh, tasty and sustainable.
With prices starting from £100 to hire a room for half a day for private and corporate bookings and reduced rates for Charities, the Sawmill at Tyntesfield is the ideal venue to hire for your personal or corporate event.
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop and Braille guide available at Visitor Reception.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Touch Map
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Minimum 450m walk to house entrance. Mobility vehicle available.
- Parking (free)
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 53
- Min group size - 15 or 30 if part of a coach booking.
- Special group rates - 15%
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted - On woodland walks only
- Event Venue
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages - German, French
- Tea / Coffee Shop
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Watch "A very Victorian Christmas Tyntesfield 2014" video
Map & Directions
Tel: +44 (0)1275 461900
|Opening (10/03/2015 - 04/11/2015)|
* Tyntesfield estate and Home Farm visitor centre is open to visitors every day until 31st December (excluding Christmas Day). The house is open from 10th March until 4th November on Saturdays to Wednesdays between 11am and 5pm, with last admission at 4pm.