Bristol Old Vic is the longest continuously-running theatre in the UK and following a recent £12million redevelopment project, is now one of the most modern and comfortable with state of the art rehearsal rooms, a dramatically extended forestage and precision-engineered sightlines giving audiences an even more intimate theatrical experience.
Our mission is to create pioneering twenty-first century theatre in partnership with the people of our energetic city; inspired by the history and magical design of the most beautiful playhouse in the country.
We are led by artists who see the world with distinctive clarity and whose ability to articulate what they see allows us to understand and engage with our world afresh, whether that be through our 350-strong Young Company, our many outreach and education projects or helping ascendant artists by nurturing the spark or seed of an idea into something fully-formed.
We are publicly funded by Arts Council England and Bristol City Council, using that investment to support experiment and innovation, to allow access to our programme for people who would not otherwise encounter it or be able to afford it and to keep our extraordinary heritage alive and animated.
We strive to be welcoming, professional and boundlessly curious; playful, ambitious and rigorous; resourceful, honest, and generous; collaborative, Bristolian and world class!
Tags: Bristol Old Vic Theatre, Old Vic Theatre Bristol
- Watch a video of the redevelopment of Bristol Old Vic
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good53
- spmedcalf01Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyThe Snow Queen - a different kind of Christmas pantomimeWednesday, 11th January 2017We went to see the Snow Queen on Christmas Eve. The Bristol Old Vic has a tradition of staging different performances to the usual Christmas shows. We loved this take on the Hans Christian Anderson... Read full review
- M7mmyTrip Type:FamilySnow queenThursday, 5th January 2017Been the old vic at least a dozen times in the last year and always have a good time. Great acting and thoroughly had a good evening Snow queen is a bit of an odd version of the hans version, but... Read full review
- PantagraalBristol, United KingdomHistorical and aliveWednesday, 4th January 2017The old vic is one of the senior English theatres and had a face lift recently so that the interior is back to a good state of decor. Proves that people used to be much smaller- maintains the same... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 987 7877
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|