Brook Lodge Farm Camping, Glamping & Caravan Park (Bristol) an award wining park established over 45 years ago, 3 star Visit England, Gold 3 Pennant AA 2017, Gold Green Tourism 2017, Gold Fairtrade 2018 and a WorldHost recognised business offering a unique rural camping experience with two paddocks catering for individual pitches and groups nestled below the Mendip Hills. It's a excellent location provides easy access to visit Bristol, Bath, Cheddar, Wells, Weston-super-Mare and surrounding area.
Brook Lodge Farm dates from the 18th century and is an ex-staging post on Bristol to Exeter Royal Mail route. The area of Cowslip Green is considered by historians worldwide to be a heritage site of considerable significance. Hannah More (1745-1883) lived in Cowslip Green, an educator, writer and social reformer. and was also known for her writings on abolition and for encouraging women to join the anti-slavery movement. John Locke, who was a philosopher, statesman and writer of much of the American constitution, was born in this area also.
The unique Mendip countryside surrounding the camping park is excellent for walking, bird watching and cycling through the labyrinth of country lanes. Trout fishing available at the world famous Blagdon Lake, two and a half miles away, walks to local pubs/restaurants/cafes within 1.5 miles
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - 2 outdoor play areas
- Chemical disposal point
- Drinking water supply
- Electric hook-up points
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Latest arrival time (24 hr clock) - 20:00
- Pets accepted - By arrangement
- Public telephone
- Public toilets
- Total number of touring pitches - 29
- In countryside - 10 miles from Bristol city centre
- Portuguese spoken
- Spanish spoken
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire
- Wet Room Available
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Freezer in all units
- Microwave in all units
- Activity breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
Map & Directions
From M5 junction jct 18A onto A4 to A4174 to A38 turn right follow signs to Bristol Airport. Follow A38 for 3 miles, pass Darlington pub on right. Park is signposted on left at bottom of hill opposite the Holiday Inn.
From Bath: A4 to A368 to Churchill, right on A38. 4 miles park signposted on right. Opposite Holiday Inn. From Southwest. M5 junction 22 to A38 to Churchill. Park on right opposite Holiday Inn.
O/S ref. 485 - 620
Public Transport Directions
From Bristol Temple Meads or Bristol Central Bus Station. Take the Flyer A1 Airport shuttle Bus to the Airport then take FALCON SOUTH WEST 24/7 COACH SERVICE to COWSLIP GREEN bus stop out side the camping park, the Holiday Inn shuttle bus or taxi to park.(3.5 miles).
Fly to Bristol International Airport from around the world then take the FALCON SOUTH WEST 24/7 COACH SERVICE, the Holiday Inn Shuttle bus or a taxi to Brook Lodge Farm (3.5 miles).
Cycling: from Bristol take A38 South West, Taunton Road. Pass Darlington Inn, Brook Lodge Park is 3/4 mile on left.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- Fiona CStreet, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat little campsiteMonday, 3rd September 2018We stayed here for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is very close to a busy road but is completely safe for children of all ages. The only downside is the constant noise of traffic day and... Read full review
- Pitch1912Southampton, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWeekend stopSunday, 19th August 2018Nice site and not to busy, pitches for caravans are pretty level, with site well maintained. Staff very friendly and helpful. Fairly near main road with a good bit of road noise, toilets and... Read full review
- Wifeand3kidsTrip Type:Friends getawayWatch out for bike lady!Monday, 16th July 2018Class camp. Loads of families. Loads of kids. Loads of sun. Loads of fun...? Well, it could and probably should have been but every time we started to get close to enjoying ourselves (and I’m only... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1934 862 311
- 3 AA Pennants Holiday Park
- 3 Visit England Stars Camping & Touring Park
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Gold) 2018
- Green Awards Fairtrade Business Awards 2015 Gold Award 2015
- Group Establishments Worldhost Recognised Business 2015 2015