The Clifton Hotel is a café hotel, with a vibrant atmosphere focusing on fun and indulgence. As the original and largest hotel in the Clifton Hotels Group, it enjoys a long established reputation for excellent service and a relaxed atmosphere with a café culture.
Situated in the heart of beautiful Clifton, The Clifton Hotel is within walking distance of the city centre shops, Park Street’s boutiques, the Waterfront’s bars, and Clifton Village’s restaurants, as well as top tourist attractions, such as Bristol Zoo and Brunel’s Clifton Suspension Bridge. Set in a 19th century, neo-classical converted house, the hotel’s rooms are all individually decorated and combine modern decoration with period character.
The staff are around 24 hours a day to look after you and they pride themselves on friendly but professional service. All of the rooms have radios, sky television and wireless internet. The Clifton Hotel’s executive rooms also contain fridges and CD players. There’s complimentary fresh coffee, tea and fruit in all rooms, as well as hand-baked biscuits and a range of toiletries.
For those who drive, the hotel’s parking spaces are invaluable, ensuring a stress-free end to your journey. The Clifton Hotel also offers individual day gym membership at both the Clifton College and Cannon’s gym at highly discounted rates, all to make your stay, whether for business or leisure, as comfortable as possible.
Racks Wine Bar, set in the hotel’s converted cellars, is one of the most cosmopolitan bars in Bristol, providing a place for you to socialise and unwind while enjoying the finest wines and coldest beers. Here you can also enjoy the bistro menu either in the restaurant or out on its year-round heated patio. The gourmet breakfast food and welcoming evening atmosphere make it the perfect place to start and finish your day.
- Arrival Date:
- Fri , 24th Mar 2017
- Departure Date:
- Sat , 25th Mar 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Executive Double||£80.00 per room (room only)|
|Executive Single||£70.00 per room (room only)|
|Family en suite||£80.00 per room (room only)|
|Single en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
|Small Executive Single||£65.00 per person (room only)|
|Twin Ensuite||£75.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Off site parking
- Gym - Discounted day membership for guests at Cannons and Clifton College gym
- Additional meal details - Any
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- All major credit cards accepted
- Special group rates
Room / Unit Features
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms - with freeview channels
- TV in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- Number of Shared Bathrooms
- Pets accepted
- Public telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
Map & Directions
From city centre, take A4018 up Park Street and into Whiteladies Road. St Paul's Road is the first turning on the left.
Public Transport Directions
From Bristol Temple Meads - take the number 8 or 9 bus.Any bus to Whiteladies Road, get off at the BBC. The hotel is 2 minutes walk from the bus stop.
- GreenLeader Partner
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good168
- Keith DAbingdon, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessOne of the most friendly hotels I've stayed inFriday, 17th March 2017Accommodation is clean and comfortable; the rooms are smallish, that that wasn't a problem. My room was lovely and quiet, although some guests said they had noiser rooms disturbed by the bar. The... Read full review
- desley50heyshamTrip Type:FamilyGreat place to stayThursday, 16th March 2017We stayed at the Clifton for 2 days whilst visiting family we didn't book breakfast as I can't eat gluten , we did have a evening meal there and this was very good hotel staff were polite and very... Read full review
- giselepayvandiLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelRelaxing stay, perfect locationThursday, 16th March 2017The staff were incredibly helpful making sure I had everything I needed and extremely understanding when I had issues with my card. Room was clean and comfortable and location perfect for getting... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 973 6882
- 2 AA Stars Hotel