Step aboard the distinctive red open top buses, and enjoy the sights and sounds of this wonderful city from a different perspective.
Local guides provide a unique tour with informed, personal and interactive commentary. Travel around the Harbourside & stop at Brunel’s famous transatlantic liner, Brunel's SS Great Britain. Carry on out along the dramatic Avon Gorge and beneath the impressive Clifton Suspension Bridge; another iconic Brunel masterpiece.
You can also enjoy a variety of shopping experiences: elegant Clifton Village; eclectic Park Street; and the bustling Bristol Shopping Quarter (which includes Cabot Circus) with its high-end department stores and St. Nicholas Market with its independent stalls.
You also have the opportunity to hop off the bus and experience over 20 *of Bristol’s best attractions including: Brunel's SS Great Britain, Bristol Zoo Gardens, We The Curious and the Bristol Aquarium (* as rated on Trip Advisor).
The Explorer ticket allows you to enjoy the full 1 hour and 15 minute tour (approximately), or alternatively you can hop off the bus at any one of the 19 stops around the city and explore Bristol a little further. The guides are happy to give any assistance on further places to visit. Or do both! The Explorer ticket is valid for 2 days so you can make the most of your visit to Bristol.
There is a Family ticket available as the tour is suitable for all ages.
They offer a Bus/Boat Combo ticket, again valid for 2 days (Bristol Ferry Co, valid for 1 day), which allows you to explore Bristol by water as well as open top bus.
For larger groups private tours are also available. Choose the ‘Original Bristol’ guided tour or the ‘Cream Tea tour’, which includes a stop at the Avon Gorge hotel with views of the Clifton Suspension Bridge and gorge.
Discounts are given for all tickets purchased online.
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Dogs Accepted
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Euros accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Groups Accepted
- Bristol Insight Video
Map & Directions
Explorer Bus Ticket: 1 Day Ticket - with second consecutive day FREE
Adult £15.00 per ticket, Student / OAP £13.00 per ticket, Child 5-15 years £9.00 per ticket (under 5's go free)
Family (up to 2 adults and 3 children) £44.00 per ticket
Bus/Boat Combo – 1 Day Ticket - with second consecutive day FREE
Adult / Senior £20.00 per ticket, Child 5-15years £12.00 per ticket (under 5's go free)
Family (up to 2 adults & 3 children) £60.00 per ticket
Note: prices are subject to change
Available to buy online at: www.bristolinsight.co.uk
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good97
- sneakerdudeBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelGreat city tour with insightful local knowledgeSaturday, 18th August 2018As a Bristol dweller I availed of the chance to see my city from the top of a bus perspective. With Andy our friendly and knowledgable guide he made the tour interesting and amusing and he was always... Read full review
- Shobs67Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayThis is great!Friday, 17th August 2018We stayed on the Bus & did the round tour without getting off, but it's a great way to see the city & the option to hop off & on would mean you can see lots of attractions in one go. Rob, the bus... Read full review
- DavidandCarol2Brampton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent way to see the CityTuesday, 7th August 2018We decided to use this as a way to see Bristol. It was really worth it. Stephen our guide was excellent, he talked about all the sites and he didn’t need a single not - very knowledgeable. He also... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 971 9279
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Code of Practice 2012
- South West Tourism South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2014-2015 - Gold 2015
|Open (4 Feb 2018 - 24 Dec 2018)|