Step aboard the distinctive red open top buses, and enjoy the sights and sounds of this wonderful city from a different perspective.
Travel around the Harbourside & stop at Brunel’s famous transatlantic liner, Brunel's SS Great Britain. Carry on out along the dramatic Avon Gorge and beneath the impressive Clifton Suspension Bridge; another iconic Brunel masterpiece.
You can also enjoy a variety of shopping experiences: elegant Clifton Village; eclectic Park Street; and the bustling Bristol Shopping Quarter (which includes Broadmead and Cabot Circus) with its high-end department stores and St. Nicholas Market with its independent stalls.
You also have the opportunity to hop off the bus and experience some of Bristol’s best attractions* including: Brunel's SS Great Britain, Bristol Zoo Gardens, We The Curious, The Bristol Hippodrome and the Bristol Aquarium (* as rated on Trip Advisor).
The Explorer ticket allows you to enjoy the full one hour tour, or alternatively you can hop off the bus at any one of the 11 stops around the city and explore Bristol a little further. The guides are happy to give any assistance on further places to visit. Or do both! The Explorer ticket is valid for two days so you can make the most of your visit to Bristol.
There is a family ticket available as the tour is suitable for all ages. Children under five travel free.
They offer a bus/boat combo ticket, again valid for two days, which allows you to explore Bristol by water as well as open top bus.
Stop 1 – Broad Quay (unchanged)
Stop 2 - Rupert St (opposite Fusion tower)
Stop 3 – College Green
Stop 4 – Queens Road (opposite Museum & Art gallery)
Stop 5 – Buckingham Place (outside Students Union)
Stop 6 – Clifton Down Road (Rodney Place)
Stop 7 – Clifton Down (Bristol Zoo entrance)
Stop 8 – Cumberland Road (Spike Island Art Centre)
Stop 9 – Brunel Square (SSGB)
Stop 10 – Cumberland Road (Gaol Ferry Steps)
Stop 11 – Redcliffe Hill
You may also like:
Explorer Bus Ticket: 1 Day Ticket - with second consecutive day FREE
Adult £15.50 per ticket, Student / OAP £13.50 per ticket, Child 5-15 years £9.00 per ticket (under 5's go free)
Family (up to 2 adults and 3 children) £46.00 per ticket
Bus/Boat Combo – 1 Day Ticket - with second consecutive day FREE
Adult / Senior £21.00 per ticket, Child 5-15 years £12.50 per ticket (under 5's go free)
Family (up to 2 adults & 3 children) £64.00 per ticket
Note: prices are subject to change
Available to buy online at: www.bristolinsight.co.uk
- Bristol Insight Video
|Open (1 Apr 2020 - 3 Nov 2020)|
* Check the website for timetables
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Code of Practice 2012
- South West Tourism South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2014-2015 - Gold 2015
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Dogs Accepted
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good109
- dmn2710London, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDon't keep to timetableSaturday, 11th May 2019I would have loved to have given this tour a better score as the staff were very welcoming and knowledgeable. We planned to catch the last bus but unfortunately for us it left early and we arrived at... Read full review
- Jadec_knappTrip Type:CouplesMrsSunday, 28th July 2019Sean Snook was brilliant, very informative, had a lovely manor and kept me interested throughout the tour Read full review
- lucynougatRedhill, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFunSunday, 8th September 2019If you've not got much time but want to see as much of the city as possible, this is a good way to do it. It was great sitting on the top deck with the wind in your hair as the bus drove along. The... Read full review