Where tide and time wait… just a stone’s throw from Bristol…
Clevedon Marine Lake is an amazing space the size of two footfall pitches, with a picture postcard view over the world’s largest seawater infinity pool, offering a world class sea haven beside the third largest tidal range in the world.
The lake opened in 1929 and is a piece of aquatics history, restored in 2015 thanks to local volunteer-run charity Marlens which continues to fund raise toward its management and further development, for all to enjoy year-round. In the summer there’s boat hire, zorbing, crabbing and a variety of events.
|Dates: (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Clevedon Marine Lake is open for shared public use 24/7, only occasionally closed for essential maintenance work or booked events.
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good33
- Owain57This is a very cool place - a seawater swimming pool - re-filled by the rising tide on occasions.Tuesday, 11th February 2020There is a shallow bit for kids. Pubs and cafes nearby. Carpark nearby. Busy in summer - less so in winter. It is by the Severn Estuary which has the second highest tides in the world. Read full review
- vhuntley109Yatton, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelA pleasant stroll!Monday, 18th May 2020Always enjoy a walk along the sea front from The Salt House pub to the Pier and back. Lovely rocky beaches, Victorian style buildings and views of the pier. Marine lake is often busy with swimmers... Read full review
- sarahmI7997WIBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat placeFriday, 31st July 2020Great place to visit for an open water swim. Best to check the website for information on water quality before heading there as it does vary. I like to read the information board with the old... Read full review