A unique and unspoilt Grade One listed Victorian Pier
Clevedon Pier was opened in 1869 to receive paddle steamer passengers from Devon and Wales. Today it is a focal point for events, visits and educational programmes in the beautiful Victorian coastal town of Clevedon. Following a partial collapse in 1970, the Pier was rescued by the local community and lovingly restored over several decades.The Pier celebrated its 150th Birthday in 2019. Described by Sir John Betjeman as ‘the most beautiful pier in England,’ it is the only Grade 1 listed pier you can visit in the United Kingdom and features a range of attractions – including:
● Unrivalled views of Clevedon’s historic seafront, Wales & The Severn Estuary - watch the rise and fall of the 2nd highest tidal range in the world. The pier has 8 spans - each 100 feet long.
● With an orientation to the south west, Clevedon Pier experiences very special sunsets - a photographers mecca!
● Discover @ The Pier – An interactive hands on exhibition about Clevedon, The Pier and the Severn Estuary, which will entertain all ages.
● Tiffin @ The Pier – award winning food, drinks and ice cream - in two unique locations - the original Victorian Pagoda at the end of the pier and a modern fish restaurant opened as part of a new visitor centre at the landward end of the Pier in 2016.
● Shop @ The Pier – You’ll find bespoke gifts for all those special occasions, from handmade jewellery and items made from recycled planks from the pier to an exciting ange of locally designed cards.
● The Porthole Room – A new function room with amazing views under the Pier for parties, meetings and events.
● The best fishing for miles around.
● Over 14,000 plaques, which celebrate visits, events, loved ones or just a great day out. Read some of the inscriptions - ranging from those in memory of people who have cared for the pier to the one marking the day spent here by One Direction.
● A unique wedding location - we can cater for both small weddings or larger bespoke events
|Dates: (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* 10 - 5 in winter, every day, except Christmas Day
10 - Sunset on Summer Weekends
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good264
- MarpleTravellerMarple, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWell Presented PierSaturday, 17th October 2020This grade 1 listed pier is a splendid example of what a pier would have looked like when originally constructed. The pavilion at the end has been sensitively restored. There is a charge to go on but... Read full review
- Veneto55Great Old PierSaturday, 24th October 2020It was a lovely stroll along the boardwalk to see Wales from the end of the Pier. Refreshments are available from the kiosk on the top which is a bonus. Read full review
- mikedT5418LURamsgate, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVictorian pier with lots of plaquesSaturday, 24th October 2020A beautifully restored Victorian pier and every step of the way, memorial and celebration plaques from people who liked and loved the pier. The posters tell the compelling tale of the restoration... Read full review