A unique and unspoilt Grade One listed Victorian Pier
Clevedon Pier was opened in 1869 to receive paddle steamer passengers from Devon and Wales. Today it is a focal point for events, visits and educational programmes in the beautiful Victorian coastal town of Clevedon. Following a partial collapse in 1970, the Pier was rescued by the local community and lovingly restored over several decades.The Pier celebrated its 150th Birthday in 2019. Described by Sir John Betjeman as ‘the most beautiful pier in England,’ it is the only Grade 1 listed pier you can visit in the United Kingdom and features a range of attractions – including:
● Unrivalled views of Clevedon’s historic seafront, Wales & The Severn Estuary - watch the rise and fall of the 2nd highest tidal range in the world. The pier has 8 spans - each 100 feet long.
● With an orientation to the south west, Clevedon Pier experiences very special sunsets - a photographers mecca!
● Discover @ The Pier – An interactive hands on exhibition about Clevedon, The Pier and the Severn Estuary, which will entertain all ages.
● Tiffin @ The Pier – award winning food, drinks and ice cream - in two unique locations - the original Victorian Pagoda at the end of the pier and a modern fish restaurant opened as part of a new visitor centre at the landward end of the Pier in 2016.
● Shop @ The Pier – You’ll find bespoke gifts for all those special occasions, from handmade jewellery and items made from recycled planks from the pier to an exciting ange of locally designed cards.
● The Porthole Room – A new function room with amazing views under the Pier for parties, meetings and events.
● The best fishing for miles around.
● Over 14,000 plaques, which celebrate visits, events, loved ones or just a great day out. Read some of the inscriptions - ranging from those in memory of people who have cared for the pier to the one marking the day spent here by One Direction.
● A unique wedding location - we can cater for both small weddings or larger bespoke events
|Dates: (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* 10 - 5 in winter, every day, except Christmas Day
10 - Sunset on Summer Weekends
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good260
- rice80Cribbs Causeway, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNice end to walk around ClevedonMonday, 6th January 2020After parking near Clevedon Hall, we walked along the front and beaches to the pier. The family ticket was a reasonable price and there was a holiday kids gnomes hunt. The views were good and the... Read full review
- Extraordinary772679GREAT PIER - SHAME ABOUT THE CAFE FOOD PRICINGSunday, 12th January 2020On a recent visit to the lovely seaside town of Clevedon we decided to take a stroll along the pier. It cost £3-30 per person for the entry fee - not bad for what it is - there are some great views... Read full review
- Marty0405Bristol, EnglandTrip Type:FamilyGreat afternoon outSaturday, 25th January 2020Was a lovely stroll along the pier. Was an added bonus we could take our dog!! And very reasonably priced. Will be recommending. Thank you for a lovely afternoon Read full review