WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre
Tel: +44 (0)1453 891 900
***Due to the ongoing Covid-19 developments, WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre will be closed until further notice.***
At WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre you can have a taste of the wild, without having to get your feet muddy - unless you want to!
Get up close to rare and exotic birds, mammals and the largest collection of amphibians in the UK, set in the tranquil surroundings of their nature reserve.
There’s something for all the family 364 days a year; head to the hides to see some amazing wildlife, splash in the outdoor water play area, or relax and spot water voles from the canoe safari before having afternoon tea in the Kingfisher Kitchen. You can also hand feed the Nene, the rarest goose in the world!
Watch otters tuck into a tasty fish supper daily at 11.30am and 3pm and see if you can spot all six species of flamingo!
They have special events every school holidays for families to get even closer to nature. Also, they have seasonal events such as the Wild Safaris in the summer and the spectacular Wild Bird Feeds in the winter.
To save 10% on entry book your tickets online.
- Find out more about our family days out
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Winter (November to March)
9.30am to 5.00pm (last admission 4.00pm)
Summer (April to October)
9.30am to 5.30pm (last admission 4.30pm)
Not open Christmas Day
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good331
- Gavin ATrip Type:CouplesWonderful!Monday, 9th March 2020A first visit and it won't be the last! So much to see and what we couldn't get to we'll experience next time. Staff were so knowledgeable and welcomed any questions we asked. Only disappointment was... Read full review
- Ember_1974Brighton, England, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA lovely experience.Sunday, 15th March 2020Even though the weather was shocking, we were made to feel very welcome and loved seeing all the varieties of birds. The kids enjoyed feeding the birds and had a great afternoon. Read full review
- Chris RStonehouse, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelSummer Attractions 2020Monday, 16th March 2020I've had an enjoyable visit with many of the new Attractions coming together in time for the Summer. Wetland Theatre, Peter Scott's house,Welly Land for the kids much much more. As well serious... Read full review