WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre
Tel: +44 (0)1453 891 900
At WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre you can have a taste of the wild, without having to get your feet muddy - unless you want to!
Get up close to rare and exotic birds, mammals and the largest collection of amphibians in the UK, set in the tranquil surroundings of their nature reserve.
There’s something for all the family 364 days a year; head to the hides to see some amazing wildlife, splash in the outdoor water play area, or relax and spot water voles from the canoe safari before having afternoon tea in the Kingfisher Kitchen. You can also hand feed the Nene, the rarest goose in the world!
Watch otters tuck into a tasty fish supper daily at 11.30am and 3pm and see if you can spot all six species of flamingo!
They have special events every school holidays for families to get even closer to nature.
They also have seasonal events such as the Wild Safaris in the summer and the spectacular Wild Bird Feeds in the winter.
To save 10% on entry book your tickets online.
- Find out more about our family days out
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Winter (November to March)
9.30am to 5.00pm (last admission 4.00pm)
Summer (April to October)
9.30am to 5.30pm (last admission 4.30pm)
Not open Christmas Day
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good325
- Y9138EYdavidbPresteigne, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelFab new attraction.Thursday, 21st November 2019I have reviewed Slimbridge before but I would like to update anyone to the new Estuary tower.Opened last weekend this tower replaces the Holden tower.This mega hide is built on two levels.With an all... Read full review
- SootysmaTrip Type:FamilyFirst time for granddad for over 30 yearsSunday, 24th November 2019Immediately understood why this place is such a favourite. A great range of lovely common and rare birds and so well organised. Read full review
- felineluckypunkLinton, United KingdomAttractive birdsTuesday, 3rd December 2019A really good day out. It's a bit expensive but our 17 month old enjoyed as did we - had he been older we would have probably stayed longer than 3 hrs. Loads of birds to see in a natural habitat... Read full review