WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre
Tel: +44 (0)1453 891 900
WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre re-opens from 10 June 2020. They look forward to welcoming you back but please note you need to book your visit in advance. Other changes have been made too and as a result it has restricted or closed some experiences. Find out more here.
At WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre you can have a taste of the wild, without having to get your feet muddy - unless you want to!
Get up close to rare and exotic birds, mammals and the largest collection of amphibians in the UK, set in the tranquil surroundings of their nature reserve.
There’s something for all the family 364 days a year; head to the hides to see some amazing wildlife, splash in the outdoor water play area, or relax and spot water voles from the canoe safari before having afternoon tea in the Kingfisher Kitchen. You can also hand feed the Nene, the rarest goose in the world!
Watch otters tuck into a tasty fish supper daily at 11.30am and 3pm and see if you can spot all six species of flamingo!
They have special events every school holidays for families to get even closer to nature. Also, they have seasonal events such as the Wild Safaris in the summer and the spectacular Wild Bird Feeds in the winter.
To save 10% on entry book your tickets online.
- Find out more about our family days out
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Winter (November to March)
9.30am to 5.00pm (last admission 4.00pm)
Summer (April to October)
9.30am to 5.30pm (last admission 4.30pm)
Not open Christmas Day
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good333
- kingaukLovely placeMonday, 3rd August 2020WWT Slimbridge is one of nine wetland centres across the UK, founded by Sir Peter Scott in 1946. Fantastic place to observe birds , very nice cafe and friendly staff . Read full review
- RowlipowliSouthern Wales, United KingdomGreat experienceWednesday, 5th August 2020Visited on a Tuesday shortly after reopening during COVID lockdown. Excellent systems in place, one way systems and reminders to keep your distance. Lots of hand sanitiser and hand washing spots. Not... Read full review
- LeicesterFoxesFCStapleford, United KingdomVery interestingFriday, 7th August 2020Visited during Covid so parts of the centre were not in use. They have made every effort to make it Covid friendly. Centre was busy as in school holidays and pre booking was required. There were a... Read full review