WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre
Tel: +44 (0)1453 891 900
WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre has reopened. They look forward to welcoming you back but please note you need to book your visit in advance. Other changes have been made too and as a result it has restricted or closed some experiences. Find out more here.
At WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre you can have a taste of the wild, without having to get your feet muddy - unless you want to!
Get up close to rare and exotic birds, mammals and the largest collection of amphibians in the UK, set in the tranquil surroundings of their nature reserve.
There’s something for all the family 364 days a year; head to the hides to see some amazing wildlife, splash in the outdoor water play area, or relax and spot water voles from the canoe safari before having afternoon tea in the Kingfisher Kitchen. You can also hand feed the Nene, the rarest goose in the world!
Watch otters tuck into a tasty fish supper daily at 11.30am and 3pm and see if you can spot all six species of flamingo!
They have special events every school holidays for families to get even closer to nature. Also, they have seasonal events such as the Wild Safaris in the summer and the spectacular Wild Bird Feeds in the winter.
To save 10% on entry book your tickets online.
- Find out more about our family days out
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Winter (November to March)
9.30am to 5.00pm (last admission 4.00pm)
Summer (April to October)
9.30am to 5.30pm (last admission 4.30pm)
Not open Christmas Day
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good337
- Y9138EYdavidbPresteigne, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelFirst trip since February.Tuesday, 22nd September 2020I used the electronic booking system for the first time,Found it easy to use. Upon arrival yesterday they scanned my phone and checked my membership card.Plenty of hand sanitizer and signage good.Out... Read full review
- GlasgowWinenutGlasgowTrip Type:CouplesGreat day outSaturday, 17th October 2020Booked online easily as a non member. Found easy and lots of parking. Phone scanned easy entry. Followed the map and got a pack off food to feed the birds. We saw lots of geese, ducks, swans and the... Read full review
- Camper789983Overpriced for what is on offerSunday, 18th October 2020Needs better covid safety. Reception made little attempt to social distancing. A one way system around the site is ESSENTIAL. Martin Mere near Wharton does a MUCH better job. Much of the site seems... Read full review