WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre
Tel: +44 (0)1453 891 900
At WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre you can have a taste of the wild, without having to get your feet muddy - unless you want to!
Get up close to rare and exotic birds, mammals and the largest collection of amphibians in the UK, set in the tranquil surroundings of their nature reserve.
There’s something for all the family 364 days a year; head to the hides to see some amazing wildlife, splash in the outdoor water play area, or relax and spot water voles from the canoe safari before having afternoon tea in the Kingfisher Kitchen. You can also hand feed the Nene, the rarest goose in the world!
Watch otters tuck into a tasty fish supper daily at 11.30am and 3pm and see if you can spot all six species of flamingo!
They have special events every school holidays for families to get even closer to nature.
They also have seasonal events such as the Wild Safaris in the summer and the spectacular Wild Bird Feeds in the winter.
To save 10% on entry book your tickets online.
- Find out more about our family days out
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Winter (November to March)
9.30am to 5.00pm (last admission 4.00pm)
Summer (April to October)
9.30am to 5.30pm (last admission 4.30pm)
Not open Christmas Day
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good326
- 895vikkivYeovil, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelPhotoThursday, 2nd January 2020As a keen amateur photographer it was a chance to take some pictures up close of some birds, and wildlife. Amazing that the otters were very active and playful. Stayed on campsite 10 minutes walk... Read full review
- Steve NWell worth a trip out to the Gloucestershire countryside; ideal for families.Wednesday, 15th January 2020I have always wanted to visit the Wetland Centre at Slimbridge, ever since I was a child. Not sure why its taken my 50 years to eventually visit, but I was not disappointed. It was a cold winter's... Read full review
- Mobile35942195053Bristol, United KingdomHome from home for all birds...Tuesday, 21st January 2020Beautiful Slimbridge the place where the heart grows fonder upon each visit. As a member it's always a privilege to explore the abundance of birdlife, a real treat to see new hides and the ongoing... Read full review