WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre
Tel: +44 (0)1453 891 900
WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre have re-opened, subject to Government restrictions. This may include restricted opening times. Please check website and social media feeds for the latest.
At WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre you can have a taste of the wild, without having to get your feet muddy - unless you want to!
There’s something for everyone with amazing close-up wildlife encounters, fun events and activities - it’s no wonder they’re an award-winning day out.
Unlock the secrets of Slimbridge with their new app – Wetland Heroes. Find out more about our amazing wildlife and see how many packs you can discover on your visit. The more you explore Slimbridge, the closer you are to becoming a Wetland Hero.
Splash about at Welly Boot Land or go wild in our Riverlife outdoor play areas. Discover the world of amphibians at Toad Hall or see if you can spot all 6 species of flamingo.
Meet the nene, the world’s rarest goose at the Mission Possible exhibit. Explore a Hawaiian landscape and learn how WWT founder Sir Peter Scott brought this species back from the brink of extinction. Peek behind the scenes of our duckery and find out about the amazing work WWT does around the world to save endangered species from extinction.
Learn all about our marvellous mammals - look out for the secretive water voles and see how many cute Harvest mice you can count. Visit the Arctic Adventure experience and imagine life on the Arctic Tundra, where WWT studies wildlife including Bewick’s swans.
For those who are interesting in getting out to the wild parts of the reserve, take a walk to one of the many bird hides or explore the fully accessible Estuary Tower and take in the stunning sights of the Severn Estuary.
They have special events every school holidays for families to get even closer to nature. Also, they have seasonal events such as the Wild Safaris in the summer and the spectacular Wild Bird Feeds in the winter.
- Find out more about our family days out
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Winter (November to March)
9.30am to 5.00pm (last admission 4.00pm)
Summer (April to October)
9.30am to 5.30pm (last admission 4.30pm)
Not open Christmas Day
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good347
- JHA4139Alcester, United KingdomUninspiring visitTuesday, 24th August 2021Haven’t been for long time and found this visit uninspiring. Much the same all the way round and without the flamingo would have been very much the same. Not one for us. The food available was... Read full review
- greenprincess222Pembrokeshire, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVery goodSaturday, 28th August 2021Had a lovely just over half day here. The exhibits are amazing particularly the Hawaiian one and the one with the egrets. The member of staff working around the egrets exhibit went above and beyond... Read full review
- MrMrsHappyRLiverpool, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBrilliant reserveFriday, 10th September 2021Fantastic reserve with lots of great hides overlooking some great birding habitat. The tower has some fantastic views of the Severn Estuary. Great to see truly wild Cranes flying over. The day we... Read full review