At WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre you can have a taste of the wild, without having to get your feet muddy - unless you want to!
Get up close to rare and exotic birds, mammals and the largest collection of amphibians in the UK, set in the tranquil surroundings of their nature reserve.
There’s something for all the family 364 days a year; head to the hides to see some amazing wildlife, splash in the outdoor water play area, or relax and spot water voles from the canoe safari before having afternoon tea in the Kingfisher Kitchen. You can also hand feed the Nene, the rarest goose in the world!
Watch otters tuck into a tasty fish supper daily at 11.30am and 3pm and see if you can spot all six species of flamingo!
They have special events every school holidays for families to get even closer to nature.
They also have seasonal events such as the Wild Safaris in the summer and the spectacular Wild Bird Feeds in the winter.
To save 10% on entry book your tickets online.
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Find out more about our family days out
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good322
- JummaHungerford, EnglandTrip Type:FamilyIt Just Keeps Getting Better!Monday, 7th October 2019Been a few months since we last visit, been too busy! So headed back as fully paid up member. Had no idea they now have canoes that you can hire. Sunny day and kids loved it, real adventure. New... Read full review
- Chloe PGloucester, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessDay tripWednesday, 9th October 2019Good day out abit pricey but get a good few hours out If it's nice weather, take wellies as theyres a wellies land for kids too splash around in and the restaurant is really good food. Shops good too... Read full review
- Camper817643Basingstoke, United KingdomGood days worthThursday, 10th October 2019There are essentially two parts to the centre. There are a number of paddocks and aviaries that keep fixed birds from around the world. These are organised by continent. There are all varieties of... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1453 891 900
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Winter (November to March)
9.30am to 5.00pm (last admission 4.00pm)
Summer (April to October)
9.30am to 5.30pm (last admission 4.30pm)
Not open Christmas Day