At WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre you can have a taste of the wild, without having to get your feet muddy - unless you want to!
Get up close to rare and exotic birds, mammals and the largest collection of amphibians in the UK, set in the tranquil surroundings of their nature reserve.
There’s something for all the family 364 days a year; head to the hides to see some amazing wildlife, splash in the outdoor water play area, or relax and spot water voles from the canoe safari before having afternoon tea in the Kingfisher Kitchen. You can also hand feed the Nene, the rarest goose in the world!
Watch otters tuck into a tasty fish supper daily at 11.30am and 3pm and see if you can spot all six species of flamingo!
They have special events every school holidays for families to get even closer to nature.
They also have seasonal events such as the Wild Safaris in the summer and the spectacular Wild Bird Feeds in the winter.
To save 10% on entry book your tickets online.
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Find out more about our family days out
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good319
- vicky42hants UKSomething for everyoneMonday, 9th September 2019We arranged to stay nearby so that we could visit here. Our main hope was to see the cranes and we were not disappointed. We booked our tickets online, they are valid for 6 months so you are not... Read full review
- carolf893Stafford, United KingdomSlimbridge bird sanctuaryMonday, 16th September 2019It has been quite along time since I visited Slimbridge and being a rainy day we were not sure if we had made the right decision , but after the first five minutes we knew that we had .There is such... Read full review
- Mag DTrip Type:Friends getawayNot sure what to thinkMonday, 16th September 2019The idea is nice I thought, but I’ve just learned from the member who’s been visiting the place for many years and who knows people working there, that they clip birds wings so they cannot fly away... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1453 891 900
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Winter (November to March)
9.30am to 5.00pm (last admission 4.00pm)
Summer (April to October)
9.30am to 5.30pm (last admission 4.30pm)
Not open Christmas Day