Tel: +44 (0)1454 281 182
Thornbury Castle is a beautiful 16th century building, which was once owned by Henry VIII and stands in 15 acres of regal splendour, surrounded by its vineyards and Tudor garden. It is renowned for being one of the finest country house hotels in England. It nestles on the northern edge of Thornbury adjacent to the Gloucestershire countryside, 12 miles north of Bristol, and is well placed for visiting the Cotswolds, the Georgian city of Bath and Wales.
2020 heralds the start of an exciting new era for Thornbury Castle, as they embark on a multimillion-pound refurbishment programme. This will result in a luxurious and sophisticated castle hotel experience, with reference to the history and traditions of Thornbury’s most famous owner; King Henry VIII. Find out more here.
Thornbury Castle has 27 carefully-restored bedchambers, many with sumptuous four-poster beds and splendid stone-carved fireplaces, making your stay just that little bit more special. The Tower bedchamber boasts the largest bed in a hotel in the UK - 10 feet wide.
The restaurant at Thornbury Castle offers plenty of modern, internationally-inspired dishes, as well as some traditional favourites. All dishes on the lunch and dinner menu use only the finest and freshest ingredients, and are sourced locally.
Enjoy a delicious Afternoon Tea in splendid surroundings at Thornbury Castle.
The recipient of many prestigious awards for its fine food, Thornbury Castle has three dining rooms, each baronial in style, with panelled walls, heraldic shields and open fires.
Two and three night Recharger package rates are inclusive of breakfast and dinner.
You may also like
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Double Bedchamber||from £195.00 to £295.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Double Bedchamber||from £305.00 to £405.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Suite||from £365.00 to £465.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£110.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Tower Suite||from £465.00 to £565.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Thornbury Castle
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- 3 AA Red Stars Country House Hotel
- AA Awards AA - 2 Rosettes 2015
- Bristol Tourism & Hospitality Award Small Hotel of the Year Winner 2013 2014
- Additional meal details - Any.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children over 10 years old are welcome
- Available for wedding receptions - Maximum of 100 guests
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Free car parking
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Pets accepted - At a small charge
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Country house
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade I Tudor Castle once owned by Henry VIII.
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Greek spoken
- Hungarian spoken
- Mandarin spoken
- Portuguese spoken
- Romanian spoken
- Spanish spoken
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Spa Treatments
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Sixty spaces
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good327
- emilymae99London, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful castle hotel and groundsThursday, 19th March 2020We stayed in one of the deluxe suites in the tower. The room was huge, very warm but I guess it’s good, we had to turn the radiators off! Tilly the cat gave us a guided tour of the castle and... Read full review
- reeseyReeseyfordWhat a wonderful placeSaturday, 21st March 2020Where do i start!i have never stayed anywhere before that every single member of staff we encountered were so welcoming and happy to please. We were staying for 2 nights with my sister and her... Read full review
- ohdearmeWestmidlandsWest midlandsA birthday treatMonday, 23rd March 2020We booked with Secret Escapes as a birthday treat for me on 1st April, in the present situation we felt that it was essential to bring the date forward so we went on 18th March instead We also had... Read full review