Tel: +44 (0)1454 281 182
Thornbury Castle is a beautiful 16th century building, which was once owned by Henry VIII and stands in 15 acres of regal splendour, surrounded by Tudor Walled Gardens. It nestles on the northern edge of Thornbury adjacent to the Gloucestershire countryside, 12 miles north of Bristol, and is well placed for visiting the Cotswolds, the Georgian city of Bath, Bristol and Wales.
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment programme, guests will experience a luxurious and sophisticated castle hotel stay, with reference to the history and traditions of Thornbury’s most famous owner; King Henry VIII.
Thornbury Castle has 26 carefully-restored bedchambers, all named after key figures from Tudor history. Many with sumptuous four-poster beds and splendid stone-carved fireplaces, making your stay just that little bit more special. Henry and his Queen, Anne Boleyn spent ten nights at the castle in 1535, during their progress tour of England and their original bedchamber, King Henry VIII suite, is still available for guests to enjoy today. The "Catherine of Aragon Tower Suite" boasts the largest bed in a hotel in the UK - 10 feet wide.
The restaurant at Thornbury Castle offers plenty of modern, British inspired dishes, as well as some traditional favourites. All dishes on the dinner menu use only the finest and freshest ingredients, many grown in the castle's kitchen garden and herb garden. Afternoon Teas taken in splendid surroundings at Thornbury Castle are the ultimate treat for all guests.
The recipient of many prestigious awards for its fine food, Thornbury Castle has three dining rooms, each baronial in style, with stunning chandeliers, panelled walls, heraldic shields and open fires.
You may also like
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- 3 AA Red Stars Country House Hotel
- AA Awards AA - 2 Rosettes 2015
- Bristol Tourism & Hospitality Award Small Hotel of the Year Winner 2013 2014
- Additional meal details - Any.
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children over 10 years old are welcome
- Available for wedding receptions - Maximum of 100 guests
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Country house
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade I Tudor Castle once owned by Henry VIII.
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Spa Treatments
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Sixty spaces
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good333
- Girlfrom70sWorcester, United KingdomEscape from realitySaturday, 11th September 2021Husband and I stayed for one night in the Jane Seymour suite. This place is amazing - great food and customer service. Anyone looking for a break with peace and quiet, history and great food, book... Read full review
- scotttE8622EYBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesOne of our favorite placesSaturday, 11th September 2021We are thrilled to be back at Thornbury Castle. The castle has undergone renovations during COVID and the rooms, lounges and gardens are terrific. The staff are outstanding and the food is awesome... Read full review
- SellestBushey, United KingdomLovely stayMonday, 13th September 2021Stayed here for two nights last week with my partner and we had a delightfully restful stay. All the staff are polite, friendly and attentive. The castle itself is set in pretty grounds that we... Read full review