Thornbury Castle is a beautiful 16th century building, which was once owned by Henry VIII and stands in 15 acres of regal splendour, surrounded by its vineyards and Tudor garden. It is renowned for being one of the finest country house hotels in England. It nestles on the northern edge of Thornbury adjacent to the Gloucestershire countryside, 12 miles north of Bristol, and is well placed for visiting the Cotswolds, the Georgian city of Bath and Wales.
Thornbury Castle has 27 carefully-restored bedchambers, many with sumptuous four-poster beds and splendid stone-carved fireplaces, making your stay just that little bit more special. The Tower bedchamber boasts the largest bed in a hotel in the UK - 10 feet wide.
The restaurant at Thornbury Castle offers plenty of modern, internationally-inspired dishes, as well as some traditional favourites. All dishes on the lunch and dinner menu use only the finest and freshest ingredients, and are sourced locally.
Enjoy a delicious Afternoon Tea in splendid surroundings at Thornbury Castle.
The recipient of many prestigious awards for its fine food, Thornbury Castle has three dining rooms, each baronial in style, with panelled walls, heraldic shields and open fires.
Two and three night Recharger package rates are inclusive of breakfast and dinner.
You may also like
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Double Bedchamber||from £195.00 to £295.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Double Bedchamber||from £305.00 to £405.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Suite||from £365.00 to £465.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£110.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Tower Suite||from £465.00 to £565.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Thornbury Castle
- Additional meal details - Any.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children over 10 years old are welcome
- Available for wedding receptions - Maximum of 100 guests
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Free car parking
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Pets accepted - At a small charge
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Country house
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade I Tudor Castle once owned by Henry VIII.
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Greek spoken
- Hungarian spoken
- Mandarin spoken
- Portuguese spoken
- Romanian spoken
- Spanish spoken
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Spa Treatments
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Sixty spaces
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom A38 Follow brown historic signs. At bottom of Thornbury High Street bear left. Castle at bottom of hill. Behind parish church. Find out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Bristol Parkway - 12 miles Taxi journey of 15 minutes from outside station. For comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good319
- Jeremy BLuton, United KingdomLovely stay in the Duke's BedchamberThursday, 7th November 2019We stayed in the Duke's Bedchamber for one night. It was everything we hoped for, with a comfy 4-poster, a sofa and all mod-cons such as en-suite, TV, wi-fi and a small fridge. There were 2 bottles... Read full review
- busterSolihullBirmingham, United KingdomAn Enjoyable Nights StayMonday, 11th November 2019My wife and I joined friends as we celebrated our wedding anniversary on Friday 1st with one of the deals (£229.00 BBD) and stayed in the Anne Boleyn room (spacious, clean and tidy. slippers... Read full review
- CHCITYBREAKERTrip Type:CouplesCracking stayThursday, 14th November 2019We stayed here for one night, really good service, food and room could not fault it at all. Would highly recommend to anyone, and would certainly stay again. Would be a brilliant venue for a small... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1454 281 182
- 3 AA Red Stars Country House Hotel
- AA Awards AA - 2 Rosettes 2015
- Bristol Tourism & Hospitality Award Small Hotel of the Year Winner 2013 2014