Tel: +44 (0)1454 281 182
Thornbury Castle is a beautiful 16th century building, which was once owned by Henry VIII and stands in 15 acres of regal splendour, surrounded by Tudor Walled Gardens. It nestles on the northern edge of Thornbury adjacent to the Gloucestershire countryside, 12 miles north of Bristol, and is well placed for visiting the Cotswolds, the Georgian city of Bath, Bristol and Wales.
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment programme, guests will experience a luxurious and sophisticated castle hotel stay, with reference to the history and traditions of Thornbury’s most famous owner; King Henry VIII.
Thornbury Castle has 26 carefully-restored bedchambers, all named after key figures from Tudor history. Many with sumptuous four-poster beds and splendid stone-carved fireplaces, making your stay just that little bit more special. Henry and his Queen, Anne Boleyn spent ten nights at the castle in 1535, during their progress tour of England and their original bedchamber, King Henry VIII suite, is still available for guests to enjoy today. The "Catherine of Aragon Tower Suite" boasts the largest bed in a hotel in the UK - 10 feet wide.
The restaurant at Thornbury Castle offers plenty of modern, British inspired dishes, as well as some traditional favourites. All dishes on the dinner menu use only the finest and freshest ingredients, many grown in the castle's kitchen garden and herb garden. Afternoon Teas taken in splendid surroundings at Thornbury Castle are the ultimate treat for all guests.
The recipient of many prestigious awards for its fine food, Thornbury Castle has three dining rooms, each baronial in style, with stunning chandeliers, panelled walls, heraldic shields and open fires.
You may also like
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
- 3 AA Red Stars Country House Hotel
- AA Awards AA - 2 Rosettes 2015
- Bristol Tourism & Hospitality Award Small Hotel of the Year Winner 2013 2014
- Additional meal details - Any.
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children over 10 years old are welcome
- Available for wedding receptions - Maximum of 100 guests
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Country house
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade I Tudor Castle once owned by Henry VIII.
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Spa Treatments
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Sixty spaces
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good340
- HanetbourTrip Type:FamilyFantastic castleThursday, 30th June 2022Stayed here two weeks ago to celebrate my birthday our room was amazing my daughters room was also beautiful the food was delicious and the staff are fabulous would definitely recommend and cannot... Read full review
- Elizabeth SHuntingdon, United KingdomSumptuous, historical and beautiful surrounding.Friday, 1st July 2022We thoroughly enjoyed a one night stay at Thornbury celebrating a family birthday. The castle, grounds and quality of the food were really excellent and the service mainly friendly and attentive. To... Read full review
- DebbieC578Cardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBirthday surpriseSaturday, 2nd July 2022Stayed for a night and evening meal as a gift for my birthday from my son, even got to take our dog! From the minute we arrived it was incredible. Stayed in Mary queen of Scot’s room - WOW! Beautiful... Read full review