George Müller Museum
Tel: +44 (0)117 924 5001
The George Müller Museum is open! They are proud recipients of Visit Britain’s ‘Good to Go’ badge which means they have taken all necessary precautions to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable visit. Opening hours are: Tues 10-4, Wed 10-4, Thurs 10-12, Fri 10-4. All visits must be booked in advance. Check out their website for more details. They look forward to welcoming you!
The new George Müller Museum celebrates the incredible story of how George Müller cared for and educated over 10,000 orphans in Victorian Bristol. A pioneer in his time, Müller was ground-breaking in his treatment and education of orphan girls and boys, setting up five huge Orphan Homes which can still be seen in Ashley Down, Bristol.
Müller never fund-raised or asked for money and yet, as a man of great faith and prayer, received gifts (financial and in kind) of around £100m (today’s value) which financed the building and resourcing of the homes throughout the Victorian era.
The interactive, multi-media museum, located in one of the original Orphan Homes, enables visitors to explore what day to day life was like for the orphans. Visitors can discover how it was that George Müller, a man of inspiring faith, changed the direction of the lives of thousands of children and how his legacy continues today.
As well as visitors from all over the world, they provide a vibrant learning programme for schools involving interesting and fun workshops for all key stages.
Entry is free to all.
For more details please visit their website or call 0117 924 5001.
|Open: Weds - Fri (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Please check for holiday closures
Not open bank holidays
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Families - Suitable for all ages, families welcome
- Indoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - We have 6 marked bays opposite the museum, available on a first come first served basis. There is some free on-street parking in the neighbourhood.
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - We provide free, fun, interactive, educational school workshops for all key stages – please get in touch
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Booking essential