The Bristol is delighted to have reopened. Please read the Doyle Collection's Rest Assured Programme for more information on the safety changes they have made.
The Bristol is part of a family owned collection of luxury and urban hotels, providing modern style and warmth in the waterside creative quarter of Bristol. With its modernist façade and warm contemporary design, it enjoys an unbeatable waterfront location in the heart of one of the UK’s most exciting and eclectic cities, as well as a central role in the local business community. It has been named as best city break hotel in the South West by The Sunday Times ‘100 best British Hotels’ 2018
187 rooms with harbour or city views provide the perfect city centre haven.
The lively harbourside position ensures The Bristol is at the heart of a thriving creative hub, perfectly placed to access theatres, museums and art galleries; shopping in Cabot Circus; local attractions like the Clifton Suspension Bridge and SS Great Britain; and Bristol's aerospace, engineering and financial services companies. It is your front door step to exploring a slice of the city.
River Lounge and River Grille
Open to both residents and non-residents, The River Grille Restaurant with its lofty dimensions, exquisite floor-to-ceiling windows and harbourside views, enjoys a strong reputation locally. With a menu that changes with the seasons it has something for everyone and is particularly known for its signature barbecued steaks and fish dishes, not to mention the ever-present chocolate fondant - a must for dessert lovers. The River Lounge with its cosy and relaxing ambience not only provides the perfect spot for pre and post dinner drinks, but also a respite from the stresses of the day where you can relax over a coffee or light bite lunch. Due to the views and relaxed feel, afternoon tea is a particularly popular choice as you can sit back, indulge and watch the world go by.
Meetings and Events
Against the attractive harbour backdrop sits the hotel’s fully dedicated meetings & events centre, which has a separate entrance and its own lobby and lounge area. Offering nine elegantly appointed event spaces, generous lobby and break-out areas, the best in technology and the dexterity to handle any kind of event from sales conferences to executive board meetings, training seminars to interviews and weddings to Christmas parties, The Bristol ensures that doing business is always a pleasure.
The hotel has always been a firm favourite with Bristolians and visitors alike. Its unique location and lively ambience, coupled with an exceptionally warm welcome and ‘can do’ service, ensures that The Bristol becomes a home from home. Throughout the hotel, the ethos is one of real warmth and thoughtfulness, delivered by a dedicated and professional team. The definition of success is for guests to feel that the hotel is more akin to a home and therefore will want to return again and again.
You may also like
- Arrival Date:
- Sat , 24th Oct 2020
- Departure Date:
- Sun , 25th Oct 2020
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe Queen Rooms|
|Superior Double rooms|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Gold) 2019
- Bristol Tourism & Hospitality Award Business Tourism Winner 2013 2014
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Greenleaders - Bronze 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous WorldHost 2015
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Additional meal details
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Cot - pre booking advised
- Highchair - pre booking advised
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Currency exchange service
- Event venue
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Wedding Venue
- Accessible Rooms
- In town/city centre
- French spoken
- Italian spoken
- Spanish spoken
- Gym - Residents only
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Secure, weather-proof car parking available to overnight guests in the adjacent NCP for a fee of £5
- Special group rates
Room / Unit Features
- Air conditioning
- CD Player
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- GreenLeader Gold
- Very Good1493
- blondescot30St Austell, United KingdomGreat hotel in a convenient locationSunday, 18th October 2020My partner and I stayed at The Bristol for 2 nights this week and we couldn't fault a thing. We stayed in a deluxe room on the sixth floor and enjoyed the views of the harbour side. The staff were... Read full review
- TheWood71Romford, United KingdomOctober weekendSunday, 18th October 2020Excellent hotel in an ideal location. Pubs, restaurants and main tourist sites all within walking distance. Car park right next door, car can be left all weekend while you explore the city. Lovely... Read full review
- dglove653558Very good nights stayThursday, 22nd October 2020Very comfortable hotel, staff were very professional and pleasant. Enjoyed my stay and felt really relaxed. I didn’t eat at the restaurant but breakfast was fine. The bar and lounge spaces were... Read full review