The Clifton Hotel is a cosy and friendly three star hotel in Bristol’s elegant Clifton. Its fantastic location means guests are within easy walking distance to both the University of Bristol and the charming Clifton Village with its cobbled streets and independent boutiques and restaurants.
Guests are guaranteed a warm welcome at this small independent hotel with each room stocked with complimentary refreshments including a bowl of fresh fruit, loose leaf tea, biscuits, ground coffee and a cafetiere.
Paid off-street parking is available in a secure location on a first-come, first-served basis.
Guests can relax in Racks Bar & Kitchen – one of Bristol’s favourite bars snuggled in the old wine cellars underneath the hotel. Full of historic charm and warmth, Racks is the perfect place to pop in for a drink or sit down to enjoy a meal – it also offers a fantastic breakfast.
Pets are welcome for a small fee and we offer a guide to dog-friendly activities in the area.
The Clifton Hotel is an ideal choice for those looking for a convenient, comfortable and competitively-priced base to explore the city. For those on a working visit, free, fast Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel and in the spacious lobby. Guests can also take advantage of exclusive discounted rates at nearby Square Works, recently awarded ‘Best Co-working Space in Bristol.’
Guests have access to Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing Gym with its huge variety of classes, swimming pool and sauna/steam room. Day passes are available at a reduced rate of £7.50.
Guests receive a 10% discount when they book direct through our website cliftonhotels.com
Eligible* individual bookings can cancel free of charge by 3pm the day before arrival. Group bookings can move their dates free of charge to any other date of their choice.* The reservations team are available via email to answer your queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Those not booked on the non-refundable rate.
* Group Bookings of 5 or more rooms are subject to a stricter cancellation policy.
Canine companions are guaranteed a pawfect stay in our friendly, independent hotel. With lots of green space nearby, there's plenty to keep your furry friend occupied while you relax and enjoy our stunning city.
You may also like
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Executive Double||£84.00 per room (room only)|
|Executive Single||£64.00 per room (room only)|
|Family ensuite||£89.00 per room (room only)|
|Single ensuite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
|Small Executive Single||£62.00 per person (room only)|
|Twin ensuite||£89.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Additional meal details - Any
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Dogs Accepted
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- Number of Shared Bathrooms
- Pets accepted
- Public telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Gym - Discounted day membership for guests at Cannons and Clifton College gym
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Off site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Special group rates
Room / Unit Features
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms - with freeview channels
- TV in all bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good151
- susancP7013QPBridport, United KingdomComfortable and welcoming hotel with vegan options for breakfastSaturday, 25th November 2023Great value hotel other than bar prices which seemed excessive compared with local pubs. Fruit and ground coffee in the room was very welcome. Comfortable bed, clean room and very helpful... Read full review
- Andy LFantastic stay and service!Monday, 27th November 2023Booked a room for my friends last minute and Naomi at the reception desk was so helpful and kind! The beds were really comfortable and the location is very convenient! Fabulous hotel, would book... Read full review
- Andy RGrubby - poor value for moneyTuesday, 28th November 2023See photos. This hotel is in desperate need of refurbishment. It is noisy, poorly insulated and grubby. The bedroom window was rotten, almost impossible to open/close; the tiny en suite was grimy and... Read full review