The Clifton Hotel is located in a terrace of three elegant grade-II listed Georgian villas in the heart of Clifton. With 59 rooms, it is the largest hotel in the Clifton Hotels Group and prides themselves on great value for money, cleanliness, comfort and location. It enjoys a long established reputation for excellent service and a relaxed atmosphere.
Just a few minutes away from the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge and situated just 350 yards from the University of Bristol, The Clifton Hotel is in a prime location for all of Bristol’s central attractions.
All rooms come with complimentary tea, coffee, fresh fruit and delicious biscuits. As well as offering room service, and all rooms are equipped with flat-screen TV’s with digital channels.
The Clifton Hotel accommodates a variety of guests, from tourists to corporates, and with a huge range of room types they ensure there is something for everyone. From their newly refurbished executive kings to single rooms, you can find a room to fit your budget.
To ensure a stress-free end to your journey, The Clifton Hotel offer hotel parking spaces for £8.00 per night. These spaces are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis upon arrival to the hotel. However, there is on-street parking available in the surrounding area – metered between 9am – 9pm Monday to Saturday.
The Clifton Hotel is home to the unique Caffé Clifton. Serving organic and certified fair-trade sourced coffee from Clifton Coffee Roasters and Bristol based loose leaf teas. They have a delicious selection of cakes and savoury snacks, suitable for breakfast and lunch. Not wanting to leave anyone out, they do offer a selection of both vegan and gluten free options.
Racks is the hotel’s bar and restaurant, and is popular amongst the locals as well as guests, so there is always a lively atmosphere. With large screens and projectors around the venue Racks is also a very popular sports bar, completed with Sky Sports HD Racks shows all the best football and rugby matches live.
You may also like
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Executive Double||£80.00 per room (room only)|
|Executive Single||£70.00 per room (room only)|
|Family en suite||£80.00 per room (room only)|
|Single en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
|Small Executive Single||£65.00 per person (room only)|
|Twin Ensuite||£75.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Additional meal details - Any
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- Number of Shared Bathrooms
- Pets accepted
- Public telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Gym - Discounted day membership for guests at Cannons and Clifton College gym
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Off site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Special group rates
Room / Unit Features
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms - with freeview channels
- TV in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom city centre, take A4018 up Park Street and into Whiteladies Road. St Paul's Road is the first turning on the left. Find out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Bristol Temple Meads - take the number 8 or 9 bus. Any bus to Whiteladies Road, get off at the BBC. The hotel is 2 minutes walk from the bus stop. For comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- GreenLeader Partner
- Very Good94
- 880judithgHolsworthy, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBirthday tripWednesday, 6th November 2019This is a comfortable, friendly and independent hotel within walking distance of Bristol’s main attractions and shopping areas. The staff are helpful and the food in the cafe and at breakfast is... Read full review
- BondgirlLondonLondonTrip Type:FamilyGreat value for moneyWednesday, 6th November 2019Really lovely small gem of a hotel in Clifton area of Bristol which conveniently has parking. I cannot fault the service from the phone booking, front desk to the waitressws at breakfast. The room... Read full review
- Jenski624A friendly place to stay with dogsWednesday, 6th November 2019I chose to stay at the Clifton for its dog-friendliness and proximity to key locations in Bristol. Overall my stay was good, but due to heavy rain the first night I was kept awake due to loud... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 973 6882
- 3 AA Stars Hotel