The Clifton Hotel is a café hotel, with a vibrant atmosphere focusing on fun and indulgence. As the original and largest hotel in the Clifton Hotels Group, it enjoys a long established reputation for excellent service and a relaxed atmosphere with a café culture.
The heart of Bristol
Located in Clifton in the heart of Bristol, The Clifton Hotel offers a warm welcome and is the perfect place to explore the city. Just a few minutes away from the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol Museum and Art Gallery, the University of Bristol and all of Bristol’s unique central attractions.
All rooms come with complimentary tea, coffee, fresh fruit and delicious biscuits to treat yourself during your stay. The Clifton Hotel is also home to the unique Caffé Clifton, which offers a range of fine coffee and cakes in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Racks, the hotel’s bar and restaurant is popular amongst the locals as well as guests, so there is always great company as well as great food.
For those who drive, the hotel’s parking spaces are invaluable, ensuring a stress-free end to your journey.
The Clifton Hotel also offers individual day gym membership at both the Clifton College and Cannon’s gym at highly discounted rates, all to make your stay, whether for business or leisure, as comfortable as possible.
With a 24 hour reception team always on hand to help and complimentary wi-fi throughout your stay, make The Clifton Hotel part of your visit to the West Country’s most exciting city!
You may also like
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Executive Double||£80.00 per room (room only)|
|Executive Single||£70.00 per room (room only)|
|Family en suite||£80.00 per room (room only)|
|Single en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
|Small Executive Single||£65.00 per person (room only)|
|Twin Ensuite||£75.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Additional meal details - Any
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- Number of Shared Bathrooms
- Pets accepted
- Public telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Gym - Discounted day membership for guests at Cannons and Clifton College gym
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Off site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Special group rates
Room / Unit Features
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms - with freeview channels
- TV in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom city centre, take A4018 up Park Street and into Whiteladies Road. St Paul's Road is the first turning on the left. Find out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Bristol Temple Meads - take the number 8 or 9 bus. Any bus to Whiteladies Road, get off at the BBC. The hotel is 2 minutes walk from the bus stop. For comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- GreenLeader Partner
- Very Good83
- Dreamer420994Trip Type:Solo travelComfortable hospitalityWednesday, 17th July 2019A bowl of fresh fruit every day is a good way to get my loyalty. Match that with clean, tidy room and ablutions and you have a very pleasant place to stay in Bristol. The towel swan which greeted me... Read full review
- RichardJ2702019Trip Type:Businessshort stayFriday, 19th July 2019The hotel is good value, in a convenient location in Clifton. Friendly and helpful staff who dealt very promptly and effectively with a technical issue that happened to crop up. I would stay... Read full review
- Mesc1968Trip Type:CouplesShort stayFriday, 19th July 2019Room clean and ordered, but not very big. Forniture not so new. Bathroom ok, shower a little small. Environment oriented, we have had so hot to sleep at the night. There is a lifter and a quietly... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 973 6882
- 2 AA Stars Hotel