The Clifton Hotel is located in a terrace of three elegant grade-II listed Georgian villas in the heart of Clifton. With 59 rooms, it is the largest hotel in the Clifton Hotels Group and prides themselves on great value for money, cleanliness, comfort and location. It enjoys a long established reputation for excellent service and a relaxed atmosphere.
Just a few minutes away from the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge and situated just 350 yards from the University of Bristol, The Clifton Hotel is in a prime location for all of Bristol’s central attractions.
All rooms come with complimentary tea, coffee, fresh fruit and delicious biscuits. As well as offering room service, and all rooms are equipped with flat-screen TV’s with digital channels.
The Clifton Hotel accommodates a variety of guests, from tourists to corporates, and with a huge range of room types they ensure there is something for everyone. From their newly refurbished executive kings to single rooms, you can find a room to fit your budget.
To ensure a stress-free end to your journey, The Clifton Hotel offer hotel parking spaces for £8.00 per night. These spaces are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis upon arrival to the hotel. However, there is on-street parking available in the surrounding area – metered between 9am – 9pm Monday to Saturday.
The Clifton Hotel is home to the unique Caffé Clifton. Serving organic and certified fair-trade sourced coffee from Clifton Coffee Roasters and Bristol based loose leaf teas. They have a delicious selection of cakes and savoury snacks, suitable for breakfast and lunch. Not wanting to leave anyone out, they do offer a selection of both vegan and gluten free options.
Racks is the hotel’s bar and restaurant, and is popular amongst the locals as well as guests, so there is always a lively atmosphere. With large screens and projectors around the venue Racks is also a very popular sports bar, completed with Sky Sports HD Racks shows all the best football and rugby matches live.
You may also like
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Executive Double||£80.00 per room (room only)|
|Executive Single||£70.00 per room (room only)|
|Family en suite||£80.00 per room (room only)|
|Single en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
|Small Executive Single||£65.00 per person (room only)|
|Twin Ensuite||£75.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Additional meal details - Any
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- Number of Shared Bathrooms
- Pets accepted
- Public telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Gym - Discounted day membership for guests at Cannons and Clifton College gym
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Off site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Special group rates
Room / Unit Features
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms - with freeview channels
- TV in all bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- GreenLeader Partner
- Very Good101
- Esp70Honolulu, HawaiiTrip Type:CouplesLocation SupremeSaturday, 7th March 2020Room was pretty nice. Customer service was great. The bar was amazing! Nice people, great brew selection. Was really nice stay. For location, perfect. Bridge, restaurants, clubs, bars, and... Read full review
- BoneRevoltChristchurch, United KingdomLovely and cosy place to stay in BristolSunday, 8th March 2020Beautiful situated hotel, with very good connection to all of famous 'must see' places in Bristol. Very friendly and helpful crew. My room was very clean, and warm. Even due to chilly weather, and... Read full review
- StephenM180Liverpool, United KingdomClifton Hotel, BristolFriday, 27th March 2020We had a very enjoyable stay at the Clifton. There were a couple of issues with the room we were allocated but the staff sorted it out within a few minutes. All of the staff on reception were... Read full review