The Rodney Hotel is an elegant, cosy hotel in beautiful Clifton, a twenty minute stroll or five minute taxi ride from central Bristol. Named after Admiral Rodney who lived in the building in the 18th century, the hotel channels traditional comfort in a leafy urban setting.
Situated on a beautiful Georgian terrace, the hotel is within easy walking distance of sights such as the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge and conference centres such as Engineer’s House. It’s also in the middle of charming Clifton village with its elegant crescents, cobbled streets and myriad independent boutiques and eateries.
The hotel’s interior complements the original Georgian features, offering the perfect blend of comfort and convenience with classic style and grace.
With only 31 rooms, guests are guaranteed a personalised stay. Our friendly reception team offer a warm welcome and each room is stocked with complimentary refreshments including a bowl of fresh fruit, loose leaf tea, biscuits, ground coffee and a cafetiere.
With a beautiful garden, cosy bar and award-winning restaurant, The Rodney Hotel is the perfect accommodation for the ultimate Clifton Village experience. Breakfast is an optional (but recommended!) extra and is served in our restaurant, No.4.
The hotel has limited, competitively priced parking on-site and is also excellently served by Bristol’s public transport system.
Pets are welcome for a small fee and we offer a guide to dog-friendly activities in the area. The Rodney Hotel is also close to some of Bristol’s most expansive green spaces.
Guests have access to Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing Gym with its huge variety of classes, swimming pool and sauna/steam room. Day passes are available at a reduced rate of £7.50.
Guests receive a 10% discount when they book direct through our website cliftonhotels.com
Eligible* individual bookings can cancel free of charge by 3pm the day before arrival. Group bookings can move their dates free of charge to any other date of their choice.* The reservations team are available via email to answer your queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Those not booked on the non-refundable rate.
* Group Bookings of 5 or more rooms are subject to a stricter cancellation policy.
Canine companions are guaranteed a pawfect stay in our friendly, independent hotel. With lots of green space nearby, there's plenty to keep your furry friend occupied while you relax and enjoy our stunning city.
You may also like
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type
|Room / Unit Tariff*
|£72.00 per room (room only)
|£56.00 per room (room only)
|Small Double Room
|£66.00 per room (room only)
|£66.00 per room (room only)
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Additional meal details - Any
- Cater for vegetarians
- Half board supplement (£)
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - Continental / Full English / Room service
- Serve evening meal
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Cot - Available on request
- Facilities for children - Garden/cots & camp beds available on request
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Night porter
- Pets accepted
- Real log/coal fires
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Old Georgian house named after Admiral Rodney
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Charged at £8.00 per night. Strictly on a 'first come, first serve' basis
- Special group rates
Room / Unit Features
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good281
- Pioneer45749251452Pangbourne, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelWeekend in BristolSunday, 25th February 2024Convenient, friendly staff, slightly dated rooms but v comfortable & location amazing. Parking limited but if you get a spot amazing. Right in the centre of Clifton so shopping, drinks, food all on... Read full review
- outandaboutSomersetsomersetLovely "small feel" hotelSunday, 25th February 2024Very nice hotel in a great location, we only stayed 1 night but very happy with the friendly and efficient welcome. Location was perfect for a da/night out in Clifton and a short stoll from the... Read full review
- slavanovitch100Manchester, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely hotel and great value for money.Thursday, 29th February 2024Perfectly situated in the fabulous Clifton Village. Lovely staff and rooms are perfectly appointed and thought through. Beds and bedlinen esp good. Only downside is there is no lift so if you... Read full review