AboutThe Fashion Museum in Bath is a world-class collection of contemporary and historical dress. The displays include 150 dressed figures to illustrate the changing styles in fashionable clothes from the late 16th century to the present day, all chosen from the museum's collection of 30,000 original items.
The Fashion Museum galleries have been completely redisplayed in a series of themes, including menswear and womenswear, dress for day and dress for evening, as well as alternative fashion and fashion today. There is a special Corsets and Crinolines display, too, where visitors can try on reproduction garments.
The Assembly Room café and Fashion Museum gift shop are also open daily.
|2019 Opening (1 Nov 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|2020 Opening (1 Jan 2020 - 28 Feb 2020)|
|2020 Opening (1 Mar 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
* Closed Dec 25th and Dec 26th. Note last exit time one hour after last entry.
The Fashion Museum will be open until 7pm (last entry 6pm) on Thursdays 6, 13, 20 and 27 August.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good558
- ChazgirlBognor Regis, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelInterestingSunday, 24th November 2019Spur of the moment whilst I was visiting Bath. Tried to pay online but it didn't work so paid on till. Would only have saved a pound. Lots of interesting items to see. Excellent free audio guide... Read full review
- alandelascellesHoniton, United KingdomIt's a great musuem but it needs more spaceMonday, 2nd December 2019This should be on your 'to do' list when visiting Bath. The exhibition is well planned, interesting with an amassing amount of garments spread over 200 years. Critically the museum need more space... Read full review
- RichG1969Basildon, United KingdomInterestingThursday, 5th December 2019This isn't generally my thing, however, I was totally fascinated by this museum. I am amazed as to how some of the items have survived. Read full review