*** Please note: Visit Bristol are in the process of updating our pages with the most up to date information, as and when businesses reopen. Please see individual websites and social media for the most up to date information before you plan a visit. ***
The Fashion Museum in Bath is a world-class collection of contemporary and historical dress. The displays include 150 dressed figures to illustrate the changing styles in fashionable clothes from the late 16th century to the present day, all chosen from the museum's collection of 30,000 original items.
The Fashion Museum galleries have been completely redisplayed in a series of themes, including menswear and womenswear, dress for day and dress for evening, as well as alternative fashion and fashion today. There is a special Corsets and Crinolines display, too, where visitors can try on reproduction garments.
The Assembly Room café and Fashion Museum gift shop are also open daily.
|2020 Opening (1 Mar 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
|2020 Opening (1 Nov 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|2021 Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 28 Feb 2021)|
* Closed Dec 25th and Dec 26th. Note last exit time one hour after last entry.
The Fashion Museum will be open until 7pm (last entry 6pm) on Thursdays 6, 13, 20 and 27 August.
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good564
- TrailBlazer784821Interesting small exhibitionSaturday, 7th March 2020This museum is small, but good for an hour or so. The historic costumes were beautiful, and it was interesting to see costumes of the year 'in the flesh' with all the detail that is lost in... Read full review
- williamt51678Austin, TexasTrip Type:CouplesInteresting visit to Fashion Museum in BathMonday, 9th March 2020My wife and I visited the Fashion Museum in Bath in December. They have a great collection of clothing and associated items that date back to the 1700s. The museum displays the private collection of... Read full review
- 37RowLos Angeles, CaliforniaTrip Type:Friends getawaySuperb collectionThursday, 12th March 2020I would highly recommend visiting the Fashion Museum. For me it was the high light of my time in Bath. The exhibition changes regularly . It is well laid out with beautiful examples of item like... Read full review