AboutThe Fashion Museum in Bath is a world-class collection of contemporary and historical dress. The displays include 150 dressed figures to illustrate the changing styles in fashionable clothes from the late 16th century to the present day, all chosen from the museum's collection of 30,000 original items.
The Fashion Museum galleries have been completely redisplayed in a series of themes, including menswear and womenswear, dress for day and dress for evening, as well as alternative fashion and fashion today. There is a special Corsets and Crinolines display, too, where visitors can try on reproduction garments.
The Assembly Room café and Fashion Museum gift shop are also open daily.
Map & Directions
Leave the M4 at Junction 18 and take the A46 towards Bath. For a day visit to Bath, we recommend Lansdown Park and Ride, clearly signposted from the A46/A420 junction at Cold Ashton. Or follow the brown traffic signs saying 'all attractions' along the A46 and A4 to Bath and then the museum symbol to Charlotte Street car park.
Public Transport Directions
Coach drop off points next to the Assembly Rooms on Bennett Street. Coach Park in Avon Street.Bath Spa Railway and Bus Station is 20 minutes walk from the museum, or a short taxi ride.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good547
- SavannaRayWOW!Wednesday, 11th September 2019Amazingly vast museum! Beautiful building & great way to learn about world history and fashion. The free audio tour also a great addition. Read full review
- Wendy BHertfordshire, United KingdomDidn't see the exhibit did see assembly roomsFriday, 13th September 2019Always wanted to see the assembly rooms there where getting set up for events but could still stand in the doorway and look at the decorations mirrors fireplaces lovely Read full review
- MoreBounceInCAWindsor, CaliforniaVery interestingSunday, 15th September 2019I could have stood in front of the Regency clothing for an hour. Right there in front of us, authentic Austen-era gowns that have survived 200 years. But this collection has pieces that are much... Read full review
Tel: +44 01225 477173
|2019 Opening (1 Mar 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|
|2019 Opening (1 Nov 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|2020 Opening (1 Jan 2020 - 28 Feb 2020)|
* Closed Dec 25th and Dec 26th. Note last exit time one hour after last entry.
The Fashion Museum will be open until 7pm (last entry 6pm) on Thursdays 6, 13, 20 and 27 August.