*** In light of current events, the house at Tyntesfield will be closed from 17 March. The café, restaurant and shop will close from Friday 20 March until further notice. Find out more here ***
Cocooned in the Somerset countryside, Tyntesfield is a rare survivor – a near-complete Victorian Gothic country house and estate. This extraordinary home and working landscape was created for the Gibbs family as a place where they could celebrate their achievements, raise their children and share their passions for family and faith.
For young explorers there are four play areas, including a woodland adventure and sculpture trail. There are seasonal trails available throughout the year, as well as extra trails and activities in school holidays.
Things to see and do
Entry to the house is via a timed ticket, which can be picked up on the day or booked online. 540 acre estate with woodland walks, formal garden and kitchen garden. Spring blooms, summer roses and autumn colour give each season a reason to visit.
Eating and shopping
Eating and shopping: The Cow Barn in the Home Farm visitor centre offers year-round homemade dishes using estate-grown ingredients. Further into the estate, the Pavilion Café is dog friendly, and serves light bites, coffee and cake next to the outdoor play area.
The extensive Cow Barn shop sells local artisan products, classic National Trust lines and seasonal favourites. There’s also a garden and plant shop and second hand bookshop.
Dogs on leads are welcome in all areas of the estate except the Cow Barn visitor centre, rose garden, kitchen garden and house.
Groups of any size are welcome to Tyntesfield, and if there are more than 15 of you, you'll benefit from discounted group rates.
Other benefits include:
Possibliity to reserve a seating area for up to 40 people at Home Farm's restaurant
Free coach parking for up to three coaches (must be booked in advance)
Free guided tour of the gardens, on a variety of topics of interest
Get in touch with details of your enquiry to begin building a package.
You may also like
National Trust members visit free. If you would like to become a member of the National Trust, please speak to a member of our team during your visit.
20% off voucher for café and shop for visitors arriving by bicycle or by public transport, available from the Ticket Office at Home Farm visitor centre.
- Discover Tyntesfield
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Opening times differ per season, please check the website.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop and Braille guide available at Visitor Reception.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Touch Map
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted - On woodland walks only
- Event Venue
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages - German, French
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 53
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Minimum 450m walk to house entrance. Mobility vehicle available.
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Min group size - 15 or 30 if part of a coach booking.
- Special group rates - 15%
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good414
- CuppaAndCakePoynton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesIncredible house!Tuesday, 17th March 2020One of the most beautiful Trust houses I’ve visited. Volunteers were friendly and helpful, interpretation was informative and fun (I loved ‘secrets to a happy life’ and think ‘a fireplace that does... Read full review
- Janet WTrip Type:CouplesJust after moneySunday, 22nd March 2020This was my second visit, the first had been disappointing but I was prepared to give it another chance. Obviously Coronavirus has greatly affected life but staff were curt on arrival, the house was... Read full review
- 732franklineTucson, United StatesWonderful ExperienceMonday, 23rd March 2020I visited during the Christmas season. The house was beautifully decorated and actors were present throughout the house. playing the roles of various family members. Even my young granddaughter had a... Read full review