At its heart Tyntesfield is a Victorian country house and estate, which serves as a backdrop to the remarkable story of four generations of the Gibbs family. Their tale charts the accumulation of wealth from the guano trade, transformation of a Georgian house to a Victorian Gothic masterpiece and the collection of over 50,000 objects.
Their achievements are celebrated through ornate Gothic carvings, flower-filled terraces and an expansive estate amid the Somerset countryside. With each visit you'll experience a new side of Tyntesfield, as they close one door and open another.
For young explorers we have three play areas; including a woodland adventure and sculpture trail. Packed activities programme including open air theatre, food and craft markets (first Sunday of each month April to November) and living history.
Eating and shopping: Home Farm visitor centre offers year-round homemade dishes using estate-grown ingredients. Shop with plant sales, second-hand bookshop and small play area. For light bites while exploring, try the Pavilion Café or The Cow Barn.
Nearby Prior's Wood Nature Reserve was once part of the Tyntesfield Estate and is the ideal place for getting away from the busy city.
Dogs: Dogs on short leads are welcome in specified areas of the Tyntesfield estate, please pick up an estate map from the Ticket Office on arrival. Check out our top 10 dog walks in Bristol.
Tyntesfield also features on our list of the top 20 spring walks around Bristol.
Find out about Bristol's historic and heritage sites.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop and Braille guide available at Visitor Reception.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Touch Map
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted - On woodland walks only
- Event Venue
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages - German, French
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 53
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Minimum 450m walk to house entrance. Mobility vehicle available.
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Min group size - 15 or 30 if part of a coach booking.
- Special group rates - 15%
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
- Discover Tyntesfield
Map & Directions
The Gift Aid admission prices include a 10% voluntary donation. Alternatively, you can choose to pay the standard admission prices which are displayed at the property. Please note admission to the house on weekends and during busy periods is by timed ticket. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
National Trust members enjoy free admission to Tyntesfield. If you would like to become a member of the National Trust, please speak to one of our team on the day.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good390
- drbennybBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGood walk, great food, good parks for childrenMonday, 11th March 2019Great place for families. Great food in the restaurant and also cafe. Nice walled gardens and play areas..... in the woods up the hill is a seemingly secret children’s play area which is really... Read full review
- Derek WBillericay, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesQuirky HouseThursday, 14th March 2019Lovely grounds, ideal for walks. The kitchen garden and walled garden are wonderful. They are quite a long uphill walk to return to the exit and car park, but there is a mini bus to return you to the... Read full review
- catworshipperTrip Type:CouplesGreat place but the food........Saturday, 16th March 2019As a long time vegetarian I have frequently asked the NT (with comment cards and talking to the people serving) to indicate whether their sandwiches or other food is vegetarian. The reply I get at... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1275 461900
|Opening (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|