At its heart Tyntesfield is a Victorian country house and estate, which serves as a backdrop to the remarkable story of four generations of the Gibbs family. Their tale charts the accumulation of wealth from the guano trade, transformation of a Georgian house to a Victorian Gothic masterpiece and the collection of over 50,000 objects.
Their achievements are celebrated through ornate Gothic carvings, flower-filled terraces and an expansive estate amid the Somerset countryside. With each visit you'll experience a new side of Tyntesfield, as they close one door and open another.
For young explorers we have three play areas; including a woodland adventure and sculpture trail. Packed activities programme including open air theatre, food and craft markets (first Sunday of each month April to November) and living history.
Eating and shopping: Home Farm visitor centre offers year-round homemade dishes using estate-grown ingredients. Shop with plant sales, second-hand bookshop and small play area. For light bites while exploring, try the Pavilion Café or The Cow Barn.
Nearby Prior's Wood Nature Reserve was once part of the Tyntesfield Estate and is the ideal place for getting away from the busy city.
Dogs: Dogs on short leads are welcome in specified areas of the Tyntesfield estate, please pick up an estate map from the Ticket Office on arrival. Check out our top 10 dog walks in Bristol.
Tyntesfield also features on our list of the top 20 spring walks around Bristol.
Find out about Bristol's historic and heritage sites.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop and Braille guide available at Visitor Reception.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Touch Map
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted - On woodland walks only
- Event Venue
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages - German, French
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 53
- Min group size - 15 or 30 if part of a coach booking.
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Minimum 450m walk to house entrance. Mobility vehicle available.
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Special group rates - 15%
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
- Discover Tyntesfield
Map & Directions
The Gift Aid admission prices include a 10% voluntary donation. Alternatively, you can choose to pay the standard admission prices which are displayed at the property. Please note admission to the house on weekends and during busy periods is by timed ticket. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
National Trust members enjoy free admission to Tyntesfield. If you would like to become a member of the National Trust, please speak to one of our team on the day.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good378
- rosiekate1957Newark-on-Trent, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA bit of a let down!Friday, 21st September 2018Had been wanting to visit since seeing TV program several years ago. Sorry to say we we quite disappointed. No one said when paying full price that a vast proportion of furniture, pictures abd... Read full review
- k rWeston-super-Mare, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely gardens and grounds - but maintenance in the house.Thursday, 27th September 2018On arrival it was explained that there was work going on in the house. We are NT members and have visited often before so on this visit most of the furniture was covered or removed, and some rooms... Read full review
- Paul SCornwall, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat visitThursday, 27th September 2018Drove up to visit this house from cornwall. We had a great day here even though there was fire alarm work going on. We will be going back once the maintenance is finished to look over the re... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1275 461900
|Opening (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|