Longleat, nestled within 900 acres of ‘Capability’ Brown landscaped grounds, is home to the UK’s original Safari Park, one of the best examples of Elizabethan architecture, with an abundance of exciting attractions including Jungle Kingdom and Animal Adventure where you can get up-close and personal with truly amazing animals.
Immerse yourself amongst Longleat’s incredible animals on a visit to the UK’s original Safari Park with six and a half miles of Drive-through experience, there’s plenty to look out for.
Start your safari at the African Village where you can get up-close to their graceful giraffe, take a walk amongst their adorable lemurs or seek out the fascinating wallabies before setting off on your exhilarating Drive-through expedition. Dare to face their cheeky monkeys in the Monkey Drive-through, survey the African Plains and look out for the mighty rhino and camel before entering the Big Cats where you’ll glimpse their powerful tigers, majestic lions and nimble cheetahs.
Jump on board the Jungle Cruise boat, where you’ll experience the thrill of their sea lions as they swim alongside you plus an unmissable opportunity to see their magnificent gorillas, meet their playful meerkats in Jungle Kingdom as they scamper around your feet and hand-feed their gorgeous lorikeets in Monkey Temple before exploring Penguin Island for an intimate encounter with these remarkable creatures.
Escape into a world of exploration and fun! Let the kids run riot in the incredible Adventure Castle, complete with rope bridges, zip wires, slides and a Medieval keep. Lose yourself in the famous Longleat Hedge Maze and join in the mayhem on their Rockin’ Rhino ride. Younger adventurers will love discovering their enchanting play area, Little Explorer’s Garden, with four fun-filled zones!
Longleat House and Grounds
You’ll be taken aback by the impressive Longleat House, where you can step back through over 450 years of history. Did you know it’s one of the finest Elizabethan stately homes in the country? The family still live in parts of the house, but 15 spectacular rooms are open for public viewing.
Take it all in at your own pace or join a guided tour through the Great Hall, Red Library, State Dining Room and Saloon. As you explore, be sure to seek out and admire the fantastic collection of artworks, paintings, tapestries and furniture that have been collected over generations.
Longleat hosts many special events throughout the year, including the return of the Food Festival and the hot air balloon extravaganza, Sky Safari, which was the largest annual balloon event of 2017.
If you’re visiting over the festive period, you’ll be truly enchanted by the ever-popular Festival of Light. The grounds come alive with colour and light as a display of giant Chinese lanterns take up residence across the park.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Coach drop-off point
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Special group rates
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Very Good1685
- MissEgypt1952Stafford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAn attraction well worth visitingMonday, 20th May 2019My daughter and I purchased a 2 day disabled ticket for £40. Well worth it. The whole estate was so clean and tidy one could eat on the road. The drive through safari park was spectacular. Watch on... Read full review
- RT3960Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVIP ExperienceMonday, 20th May 2019We went to Longleat for our 1st Wedding Anniversary. My husband had booked us onto the Silver VIP Experience. We arrived at the lodge where we were greeted by 2 lovely gentleman, one of which was... Read full review
- hannahgood2019Fantastic Fun!Monday, 20th May 2019We visited Longleat on a sunny day in April - we made the journey for a school trip. It was outstanding. The best bit of our day was the boat trip – we had an enthusiastic tour guide called Becky. If... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1985 844 400
* Selected dates from 10th February 2018 to 6th January 2019. Please see website for further information.