Sitting atop of the Avon Gorge, this hotel has one of the best settings in the UK. With Clifton Village behind it, and the city centre (and the central business district) only minutes away, The Avon Gorge Hotel is perfectly located for exploring the wonderful city of Bristol. From the hotel, there are spectacular views of the Gorge, Brunel's Clifton Suspension Bridge and the city itself.
Garden Suites - Built on bedrock and hidden from street-view, down original stone steps, the front door of The President Suite opens into a spacious, contemporary interior with access to a private landscaped garden at the rear. The individually designed accommodation comprises a master bedroom with a stunning, grey marble en suite bathroom featuring a luxurious, sunken bath as well as a separate walk-in shower and a children’s bedroom with bright, homely décor sleeping up to two children. The suite leads into a stylish, comfortable lounge at the back of the property with windows and access onto the garden, with a sofa bed providing the option for two more children to stay. The adjacent King Suite is ideal for families and groups, offering grand, spacious accommodation for up to four people, complete with its own separate games room and children’s ‘chill-out’ area. The large hall entrance leads into the games room, with a billiard table and separate alcove area for TV and Xbox providing plenty of options for entertainment. Beyond the games room, there is a vast lounge and fireplace, with lots of space and comfortable surroundings for guests to relax and enjoy the garden views. Next to the lounge, the luxury master bedroom features a super king size bed, en suite bathroom with sunken bath and dual washbasins, and floor to ceiling windows that open out onto the garden, which the property shares with the President Suite.
The Avon Gorge Hotel’s restaurant and White Lion Bar offer the perfect setting for eating and drinking. The relaxed ambience of the restaurant is an ideal venue for enjoying a light lunch or lingering dinner. For a more casual atmosphere, the White Lion Bar offers gastro style dishes in an al fresco dining environment. Be sure to take advantage of the spectacular views of the Avon Gorge and world famous Clifton Suspension Bridge on the large, heated terrace. Serving Sunday lunches every week until 6pm, and offering a range of weekly deals and offers.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is available at all times.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Suite||£160.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Gorge View Double||£135.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Gorge View Family||£149.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Gorge View Twin||£130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Village View Double||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Village View Twin||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Available for wedding receptions - Maximum 80 sit down.
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for civil marriages
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
Room / Unit Features
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good451
- Sally HTrip Type:FamilyParking! Aaahh!!! A right palava!Tuesday, 15th January 2019Hotel was clean, staff efficient and helpful. Room very dark, no extras. Parking a nightmare. You pay extra for the priviledge of driving round & round trying to find a space - then when you find... Read full review
- mary hBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessAppaullingWednesday, 16th January 2019We went for a Christmas dinner with business friends we had a private room which was not festive there were crackers on the table that was it we all had to pre order our meals as for my meal well... Read full review
- SdsxoxWorle, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyImpeccable service!Wednesday, 16th January 2019I am writing with regards to the outstanding service I received from staff at your hotel today. Today is a special day being my grandmas 80th birthday and I decided to bring her to celebrate for a... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)330 016 0390
- 3 AA Stars Hotel