Sitting atop of the Avon Gorge, this hotel has one of the best settings in the UK. With Clifton Village behind it, and the city centre (and the central business district) only minutes away, The Avon Gorge Hotel is perfectly located for exploring the wonderful city of Bristol. From the hotel, there are spectacular views of the Gorge, Brunel's Clifton Suspension Bridge and the city itself.
Laurent Perrier Suite
Elegantly designed in rich warm inviting tones with a large King size bed with fine Egyptian cotton bedding and LCD TV. Special features include bay window twin roll-top baths so you can both soak in the bubbles and soak up the view over Clifton Suspension bridge. Simply divine.
Garden Lounge Suite
Feel right at home in this extremely comfortable Garden Lounge suite. Perrier Jouet offers a separate bedroom with King size bed and a large living room area with stylish furniture. Add to this the walk-in monsoon drench shower in the bathroom and spectacular views across the Gorge and Clifton Bridge, and you have a room that will take your breath away.
The Avon Gorge Hotel’s restaurant and White Lion Bar offer the perfect setting for eating and drinking. The relaxed ambience of the restaurant is an ideal venue for enjoying a light lunch or lingering dinner. For a more casual atmosphere, the White Lion Bar offers gastro style dishes in an alfresco dining environment. Be sure to take advantage of the spectacular views of the Avon Gorge and world famous Clifton Suspension Bridge on the large, heated terrace. Serving Sunday lunches every week until 6pm, and offering a range of weekly deals and offers.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is available at all times.
The hotel is pet-friendly and they love having your four legged friends to stay with them all year round. Please let them know when you make your reservation that you will be bringing your pet along by either making a note if you book online or emailing our reception team before your stay.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Suite||£160.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Gorge View Double||£135.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Gorge View Family||£149.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Gorge View Twin||£130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Village View Double||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Village View Twin||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Silver) 2023
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Available for wedding receptions - Maximum 80 sit down.
- Dogs Accepted
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for civil marriages
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
Room / Unit Features
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good146
- anhonestjoekentLovely but the jury is out on some issuesTuesday, 7th November 2023Wow what a location, a stones throw away from the glories of the Clifton Suspension Bridge, and fabulous views of the same from the dining room and patio area. A level meander took us along to the... Read full review
- hotelhopper2000Jersey, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA complete rip offMonday, 27th November 2023Do not stay here. But the bar, staff and breakfast are nice! At over £700 for two nights B&B in a junior suite, you expect something at least a little bit special, right? I’d especially requested a... Read full review
- PintsizedmooAndover, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBudget service for a less-than-budget priceWednesday, 29th November 2023We visited as part of a larger group and stayed for 2 nights in a luxury room. Yes, the view of the Gorge is super. Can’t argue with that. But for the price (£325-ish a night, I think) there were... Read full review