The Clifton Sausage has re-opened, subject to Government restrictions. Please check directly on their website and/or social media channels for the latest updates and how to book.
The Clifton Sausage restaurant is situated in the heart of Clifton Village. The ambiance is warm, friendly and relaxed, with an absolute lack of snootiness. Furnished with pine tables, candles, warm yellow and sky blue walls, comfort and ‘a touch of class’ is always to be found in the surroundings, as well as the food and service.
The Clifton Sausage offers seasonal menus using the freshest, finest, locally sourced ingredients wherever possible, and not just the sausages. The restaurant specialises in traditional and classic British dishes, both unpretentious yet universal in their appeal, as well as delicious varieties of sausages.
There are seasonal favourites, such as steamed mussels in cider, new season lamb and local game, and for pudding lovers, sticky toffee pudding, chocolate fondant and many more. The Clifton Sausage also offers some stunning wines and top quality beers. The knowledgeable staff serve over thirty wines by the glass, including champagne and you can always try before you buy.
|Please check website for opening times (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Cater for vegetarians
- Locally sourced produce
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- In town/city centre
- Special group rates
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good265
- cliff70hertfordshireTrip Type:CouplesLovely roastMonday, 27th September 2021Lovely roast, luckily we were early enough to have a good choice but things were running out as we ordered. Good fresh vegetables, excellent quality roast meat but the roast potatoes are too garlicky... Read full review
- David BPalma de Mallorca, SpainTrip Type:Friends getawayLast dinner for our Spanish friend before going home who was desperate to have sausages for dinnerSaturday, 16th October 2021The food as always was very tasty, plenty of dishes to choose from and to me very importantly the hot food was hot and remained so throughout the meal. The service was also very good and attentive... Read full review
- smcc1919Fife, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat restaurantSunday, 24th October 2021Visited this restaurant twice now on separate trips to Bristol and both times were lovely! The first time we tried the famous sausages and mash which were very yummy and we liked that there several... Read full review