From 5 November 2020, The Clifton Sausage will temporarily close however they will be offering takeaway meals such as Sausage and Mash and Sunday Lunches. Please visit their website for more information.
The Clifton Sausage restaurant is situated in the heart of Clifton Village. The ambiance is warm, friendly and relaxed, with an absolute lack of snootiness. Furnished with pine tables, candles, warm yellow and sky blue walls, comfort and ‘a touch of class’ is always to be found in the surroundings, as well as the food and service.
The Clifton Sausage offers seasonal menus using the freshest, finest, locally sourced ingredients wherever possible, and not just the sausages. The restaurant specialises in traditional and classic British dishes, both unpretentious yet universal in their appeal, as well as delicious varieties of sausages.
There are seasonal favourites, such as steamed mussels in cider, new season lamb and local game, and for pudding lovers, sticky toffee pudding, chocolate fondant and many more. The Clifton Sausage also offers some stunning wines and top quality beers. The knowledgeable staff serve over thirty wines by the glass, including champagne and you can always try before you buy.
|Please check website for opening times (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Bar service times Monday 6pm – 12am
Tuesday – Sundays 12noon – 12am
Food service times Monday 6.30 – 10pm
Tuesday – Thursday 12pm – 3pm 6.30pm – 10pm
Friday 12pm – 3pm 6.30pm – 11pm
Saturday 12pm – 5pm 6.30pm – 11pm
Sunday 12pm – 4pm 6.30pm – 9pm
Bank holiday Mondays 12pm – 3pm 6.30pm – 9pm
Closed Christmas day and Boxing day
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Cater for vegetarians
- Locally sourced produce
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- In town/city centre
- Special group rates
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good264
- Trip831159Takeaway RoastMonday, 11th January 2021If, like me, you are sick of cooking at home, consider a Sunday roast takeaway from the brilliant Clifton Sausage. Same high standard even in these trying times. Thanks to the team holding it... Read full review
- andy_brown_bristolTrip Type:CouplesAmazing burgerSaturday, 30th January 2021After another week of home schooling we decided we deserved a treat on Friday, so ordered burgers and salted caramel cheesecake. The burger and chips were fantastic, succulent juicy burger and crispy... Read full review
- 344lyndajTrip Type:FamilyDeliciousSunday, 21st March 2021My daughter and I had a take away roast today and it was excellent. The meat melted in our mouths and plenty of fresh veg, Yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes. Will certainly order again. Read full review