Moored in a beautiful location in Hotwells, the Grain Barge is bursting with character. Within sight of Brunel’s SS Great Britain, it’s three decks offer great views over the harbour, making it the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by.
The historic converted barge has established itself as one of Bristol’s friendliest, eating and drinking experiences. The specials menu is updated daily using locally sourced, fresh produce which is organic and fair trade where possible, and a superb range of craft beers is on offer, from some of the most exciting breweries around - including from sister company Bristol Beer Factory located across the harbour in Ashton.
The Hold Bar hosts a variety of events including live music and comedy – and also makes a great venue for private parties.
In 2018, The Grain Barge was included in The Guardian's round up of 'The 50 Best UK Pubs'.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Regular evening entertainment
- Dining afloat - The Grain Barge is moored on Bristol's Harbourside, opposite Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good164
- KarenB7481Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLunchSaturday, 27th April 2019So the food was okay, more pub than gastro. The key issue was the staff and the lack of attention to detail, no plates nothing to serve food with and generally looking surly and s bit p*****d off at... Read full review
- allaboutfood123Worcestershire, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGuardian Top 50 pubs ‘18..... really??!!Monday, 6th May 2019This was just the most hopeless example of barmanship, last Saturdays experience was terrible. Gin promotions not available, run out of this, run out of that. One ale on, very few people in btw, yet... Read full review
- sandrag748Warminster, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayAlways come backSunday, 19th May 2019Nice for a drink and a chat. We have been lots and always go back. Never eaten here so cannot review but always has a nice atmosphere. Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 9347
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|