Moored in a beautiful location in Hotwells, the Grain Barge is bursting with character. Within sight of Brunel’s SS Great Britain, it’s three decks offer great views over the harbour, making it the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by.
The historic converted barge has established itself as one of Bristol’s friendliest, eating and drinking experiences. The specials menu is updated daily using locally sourced, fresh produce which is organic and fair trade where possible, and a superb range of craft beers is on offer, from some of the most exciting breweries around - including from sister company Bristol Beer Factory located across the harbour in Ashton.
The Hold Bar hosts a variety of events including live music and comedy – and also makes a great venue for private parties.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Regular evening entertainment
- Dining afloat - The Grain Barge is moored on Bristol's Harbourside, opposite Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good160
- Luke EBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayNice spot, average and very expensive foodSaturday, 29th December 2018Staff are friendly and helpful, beer options are good. Food is standard pub grub and very average, given the prices. My partner had the vegan pie, it came just with a small salad - green leaves and... Read full review
- Thomas377479Trip Type:Friends getawayGreat food and lovely atmosphereTuesday, 8th January 2019Came here the other day for a catch up with a friend, had a lovely coffee with the view of the river and was delighted to find out they had a gluten free sticky toffee pudding available. Highly... Read full review
- GJA1BournemouthTrip Type:Solo travelGood beer - and the food is alright, tooFriday, 18th January 2019The setting is great and I like the general ambience on the boat. Love the local real ales and keg beers. The menu is Ok and the food is pretty reasonable Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 9347
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|