Moored in a beautiful location in Hotwells, the Grain Barge is bursting with character. Within sight of Brunel’s SS Great Britain, it’s three decks offer great views over the harbour, making it the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by.
The historic converted barge has established itself as one of Bristol’s friendliest, eating and drinking experiences. The specials menu is updated daily using locally sourced, fresh produce which is organic and fair trade where possible, and a superb range of craft beers is on offer, from some of the most exciting breweries around - including from sister company Bristol Beer Factory located across the harbour in Ashton.
The Hold Bar hosts a variety of events including live music and comedy – and also makes a great venue for private parties.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Regular evening entertainment
- Dining afloat - The Grain Barge is moored on Bristol's Harbourside, opposite Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good157
- bashwell13Hertfordshire, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPopped inFriday, 21st September 2018We popped in after a walk up to Clifton Suspension bridge, a lovely bar, had a couple of drinks and a couple of bar cakes which were superb, the bar staff were friendly. Read full review
- hewy85Gloucester, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessNot so full englishMonday, 24th September 2018Firstly i would like to say i will never be hopping aboard the grain barge ever again ..... the full english breakfast consisted of 6 items and was very tasteless. For a £9 breakfast this is hardly... Read full review
- norm272Cardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:Couplesflying visitTuesday, 25th September 2018We popped in here while waiting for a beer tour to start. they don't sell alcohol before 12pm,but the selection of tea and coffee is good and it is nice and cosy inside. Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 9347
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|