Moored in a beautiful location in Hotwells, the Grain Barge is bursting with character. Within sight of Brunel’s SS Great Britain, it’s three decks offer great views over the harbour, making it the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by.
The historic converted barge has established itself as one of Bristol’s friendliest, eating and drinking experiences. The specials menu is updated daily using locally sourced, fresh produce which is organic and fair trade where possible, and a superb range of craft beers is on offer, from some of the most exciting breweries around - including from sister company Bristol Beer Factory located across the harbour in Ashton.
The Hold Bar hosts a variety of events including live music and comedy – and also makes a great venue for private parties.
In 2018, The Grain Barge was included in The Guardian's round up of 'The 50 Best UK Pubs'.
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Regular evening entertainment
- Dining afloat - The Grain Barge is moored on Bristol's Harbourside, opposite Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good172
- apbi985Bristol, United KingdomA very good Sunday roastTuesday, 19th November 2019An outstanding spot for a Sunday roast. The Grain Barge has lovely and unqiue views of Bristol and great service. We will be back Read full review
- Chris WManchesterPleasant venueThursday, 28th November 2019A great location on the harbour opposite the SS Great Britain. Good seating area and a great selection of beers from the Bristol Beer Factory. Read full review
- Anton_SmithNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNicely doneThursday, 5th December 2019We stopped here before the long walk round to track down Banksy’s The Girl With A Pierced Eardrum on the other side of the water. It was busy and the food (Sunday lunches) looked great, but we only... Read full review