Moored in a beautiful location in Hotwells, the Grain Barge is bursting with character. Within sight of Brunel’s SS Great Britain, it’s three decks offer great views over the harbour, making it the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by.
The historic converted barge has established itself as one of Bristol’s friendliest, eating and drinking experiences. The specials menu is updated daily using locally sourced, fresh produce which is organic and fair trade where possible, and a superb range of craft beers is on offer, from some of the most exciting breweries around - including from sister company Bristol Beer Factory located across the harbour in Ashton.
The Hold Bar hosts a variety of events including live music and comedy – and also makes a great venue for private parties.
In 2018, The Grain Barge was included in The Guardian's round up of 'The 50 Best UK Pubs'.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Regular evening entertainment
- Dining afloat - The Grain Barge is moored on Bristol's Harbourside, opposite Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good162
- Froggyx1Cowes, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSo very very disappointedMonday, 11th March 2019Quality - delivering customer focused consistent service. We visit Bristol regularly and book the Travelodge as it is close to the Grain Barge. This time however we are very disappointed. Having... Read full review
- JohneyW17Trip Type:CouplesToilets!Saturday, 16th March 2019I have come here a few times with family and friends. The grain barge is in a lovely area and has a great atmosphere, especially in summer. I can not fault this. I have eaten here a few times and the... Read full review
- 59michael18Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNice place but....the toilets smell appallinglyWednesday, 20th March 2019You are on a boat so there are plumbing complications but they need urgent attention. It’s not good for clients and I imagine much worse for the staff Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 9347
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|