The Grain Barge are delighted to reopen on 4 July, and they are very excited to welcome you back on board! Join them on their alfresco top desk or inside the main bar. Please check their website for regular updates.
Moored in a beautiful location in Hotwells, the Grain Barge is bursting with character. Within sight of Brunel’s SS Great Britain, it’s three decks offer great views over the harbour, making it the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by.
The historic converted barge has established itself as one of Bristol’s friendliest, eating and drinking experiences. The specials menu is updated daily using locally sourced, fresh produce which is organic and fair trade where possible, and a superb range of craft beers is on offer, from some of the most exciting breweries around - including from sister company Bristol Beer Factory located across the harbour in Ashton.
The Hold Bar hosts a variety of events including live music and comedy – and also makes a great venue for private parties.
In 2018, The Grain Barge was included in The Guardian's round up of 'The 50 Best UK Pubs'.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Regular evening entertainment
- Dining afloat - The Grain Barge is moored on Bristol's Harbourside, opposite Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good173
- 223charliehWorcestershire, United KingdomNot all burger are created equal!Friday, 24th January 2020Stopped in for lunch and a beer. Well what can I say. Just plain and simple brilliant. Great quality food. Fabulous staff So if you get the chance stop for a beer or a beer and food. Read full review
- 826annamarianBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayCelebrated my b'daySaturday, 1st February 2020I love this place. I celebrated my birthday. The staff is wounderful and they satisfied my requests. The location is great and the food too. Quality/price good. I really suggest this place. I... Read full review
- GGWilderWinchesterLeft Floating!Monday, 3rd February 2020Friday late-morning drink and snack. Friendly staff, great location, tasty food [Sourdough bacon/breakfast sandwich]. Really chilled time out. Came back Saturday - heaving, no room aboard - so... Read full review