Moored in a beautiful location in Hotwells, the Grain Barge is bursting with character. Within sight of Brunel’s SS Great Britain, it’s three decks offer great views over the harbour, making it the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by.
The historic converted barge has established itself as one of Bristol’s friendliest, eating and drinking experiences. The specials menu is updated daily using locally sourced, fresh produce which is organic and fair trade where possible, and a superb range of craft beers is on offer, from some of the most exciting breweries around - including from sister company Bristol Beer Factory located across the harbour in Ashton.
The Hold Bar hosts a variety of events including live music and comedy – and also makes a great venue for private parties.
In 2018, The Grain Barge was included in The Guardian's round up of 'The 50 Best UK Pubs'.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Regular evening entertainment
- Dining afloat - The Grain Barge is moored on Bristol's Harbourside, opposite Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good167
- A121xTrip Type:FamilyDisappointedMonday, 12th August 2019Booked a table for An early Sunday dinner with friends and family . Not greeted/acknowledged by anyone on arrival however spotted our table - name on chalkboard. Sat, still not acknowledged or given... Read full review
- H2151XTcarolinemBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWonderful location shame about the foodTuesday, 13th August 2019We had a selection of tapas most of which were tasteless and/or over-cooked. Last time we ate on the Grain Barge the food was pretty good but clearly not anymore; having read other reviews just now... Read full review
- ABCDEKPService sooooooo slowMonday, 19th August 2019Went for Sunday lunch with three friends on 18/8 and didn't have the greatest time. I was running late, called to say so but no one answered the phone. When I got there, and despite there being lots... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 9347
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|