Moored in a beautiful location in Hotwells, the Grain Barge is bursting with character. Within sight of Brunel’s SS Great Britain, it’s three decks offer great views over the harbour, making it the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by.
The historic converted barge has established itself as one of Bristol’s friendliest, eating and drinking experiences. The specials menu is updated daily using locally sourced, fresh produce which is organic and fair trade where possible, and a superb range of craft beers is on offer, from some of the most exciting breweries around - including from sister company Bristol Beer Factory located across the harbour in Ashton.
The Hold Bar hosts a variety of events including live music and comedy – and also makes a great venue for private parties.
In 2018, The Grain Barge was included in The Guardian's round up of 'The 50 Best UK Pubs'.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Regular evening entertainment
- Dining afloat - The Grain Barge is moored on Bristol's Harbourside, opposite Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good174
- Arnaud KBristol, England, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySunday lunch needs improvement.Wednesday, 15th January 2020The Grain Barge has always had a great reputation for its Sunday lunch. However on my latest visit we were very disappointed with the standard as it has dropped massively. The service was good and... Read full review
- mikehY8528NQPontyclun, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely spotSunday, 19th January 2020Lovely bar/ restaurant set on a barge. Gets busy but staff were great and service was fast. Great craft beers. Read full review
- 223charliehWorcestershire, United KingdomNot all burger are created equal!Friday, 24th January 2020Stopped in for lunch and a beer. Well what can I say. Just plain and simple brilliant. Great quality food. Fabulous staff So if you get the chance stop for a beer or a beer and food. Read full review