Moored in a beautiful location in Hotwells, the Grain Barge is bursting with character. Within sight of Brunel’s SS Great Britain, it’s three decks offer great views over the harbour, making it the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by.
The historic converted barge has established itself as one of Bristol’s friendliest, eating and drinking experiences. The specials menu is updated daily using locally sourced, fresh produce which is organic and fair trade where possible, and a superb range of craft beers is on offer, from some of the most exciting breweries around - including from sister company Bristol Beer Factory located across the harbour in Ashton.
The Hold Bar hosts a variety of events including live music and comedy – and also makes a great venue for private parties.
In 2018, The Grain Barge was included in The Guardian's round up of 'The 50 Best UK Pubs'.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Regular evening entertainment
- Dining afloat - The Grain Barge is moored on Bristol's Harbourside, opposite Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good169
- clairegrainger1972Abergavenny, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyMeal at The Grain barge, BristolMonday, 9th September 2019We had a family Sunday roast at The Grain Barge, it wasn’t very warm but we didn’t think too much of it, as we’re not fussy people, but I wish I had been more fussy as I’ve been back and forth the... Read full review
- sysyphus37The best chicken pieFriday, 11th October 2019The menu is somewhat limited. Is this a bad thing? I think not, a large menu usually means large freezers. A small menu usually indicates freshly prepared and cooked. I had a chicken pie that was... Read full review
- P8494LYphillipcBrighton, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessSunday roastSunday, 20th October 2019Great service. Beautiful venue. Disappointing Sunday roast. Went for the vegetarian option, although I’m not vegetarian. It was very bereft of vegetables. A small plate for the money. Left feeling... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 9347
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|