Blackbeard to Banksy the Ultimate Bristol Walking Tour
Tel: +44 (0)7811 975 275
Combine the fascinating history of Bristol with the city's best street art on this tour which takes in many of the sights and interesting facts.
The walk starts from outside Bristol Cathedral at 11.30am on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
After discussing the Cathedral and Mayor's Chapel, you'll leave College Green across Park Street past Banksy's Well Hung Lover to Frogmore Street and the Hatchet Pub. You'll then pass Merchant Houses on Orchard Street, Protheroe's Warhouse and the Hippodrome to St. Augustine's Parade describing the covering of the River Frome and the Saxon town walls.
Next you'll head up Clare Street to Leonard Lane and on to Nelson Street to take in the street art. Next taking st. John's Steep to Broad Street and up to the Corn Exchange and St. Nicholas Market.
Down to St. Nicholas Church discussing the old city gate and Castle and to Welsh Back. The Llandoger Trow discussing Robinson Crusoe and Treasure Island to Queens square to discuss the Bristol riots. Next to the John Cabot statue on the Harbourside describing his voyage and the Matthew. Finishing by crossing the floating harbour to the Ostrich Pub.
You can buy tickets from the Tourist Information Centre on the Harbourside.
Or for more information - please visit the website
You may also like
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Tours run Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good48
- Marianne_LedermanTrip Type:FamilyBlackbeard to BanksySunday, 9th February 2020Excellent funny informative. Would recommend.Guide is the best.Made the most of Bristol.History and art a good combination Read full review
- Navigate63666414847ExcellentWednesday, 4th March 2020Despite the vile weather, our guide made this tour thoroughly enjoyable. He was polite,professional, informative and funny. The time flew by and so many things were pointed out that you would just... Read full review
- welshexplorer2020Swansea, United KingdomBrilliant, full of interesting information. Very pleasant tour guide (Luke). Thank youTuesday, 10th March 2020We enjoyed the walk and found little.bits of Bristol we never knew were there. Gave a lovely perspective of Bristol. Read full review