Blackbeard to Banksy the Ultimate Bristol Walking Tour
Tel: +44 (0)7811 975 275
Combine the fascinating history of Bristol with the city's best street art on this tour which takes in many of the sights and interesting facts.
The walk starts from outside Bristol Cathedral at 11.30am on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
After discussing the Cathedral and Mayor's Chapel, you'll leave College Green across Park Street past Banksy's Well Hung Lover to Frogmore Street and the Hatchet Pub. You'll then pass Merchant Houses on Orchard Street, Protheroe's Warhouse and the Hippodrome to St. Augustine's Parade describing the covering of the River Frome and the Saxon town walls.
Next you'll head up Clare Street to Leonard Lane and on to Nelson Street to take in the street art. Next taking st. John's Steep to Broad Street and up to the Corn Exchange and St. Nicholas Market.
Down to St. Nicholas Church discussing the old city gate and Castle and to Welsh Back. The Llandoger Trow discussing Robinson Crusoe and Treasure Island to Queens square to discuss the Bristol riots. Next to the John Cabot statue on the Harbourside describing his voyage and the Matthew. Finishing by crossing the floating harbour to the Ostrich Pub.
You can buy tickets from the Tourist Information Centre on the Harbourside.
Or for more information - please visit the website
You may also like
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Tours run Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good46
- bencassellsBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGet InvolvedTuesday, 3rd December 2019Great Tour Guide, very knowledgeable and clearly passionate about Bristol's history and the street art scene. As a resident of Bristol who already knows a lot there was a lot of information that i... Read full review
- lupuandreea32019Trip Type:CouplesExciting insights and fun factsThursday, 5th December 2019The tour leader shared plenty of interesting stories of Bristol, its past, places and people. The two hours flew so quickly. I would highly recommend it. Many thanks to the guide! Read full review
- davidrbettsBirmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat tourThursday, 5th December 2019Graduated from Bristol 35 years ago. Back visiting our son. Fantastic insight into the history of Bristol. Went places did not know existed. And the street art was interesting too. Thoroughly... Read full review