Bowood House & Gardens 2019 Open Season 30th March 2019 – 3rd November 2019.
Bowood House & Gardens is the home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne. Bowood offers a fantastic day out in Wiltshire for all the family. Famous for one of the UK’s most extensive Adventure Playgrounds, children are guaranteed the time of their lives. Younger children will enjoy meeting friendly farm animals at Tractor Ted’s Little Farm and undercover fun in the soft play area.
The whole family can relax in 100 acres of beautiful parkland, designed by ‘Capability’ Brown, offering a lake, arboretum, pinetum and cascade. Perfect for walks and exploring. Or, visit Bowood House, which hosts a wealth of unique items from Queen Victoria’s wedding chair to Napoleon’s death mask and an extensive art collection.
During the spring (late April to early June) visit the stunning Woodland Gardens, a woodland oasis offering breath taking vistas of colour covering over 70 acres.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Treehouse Café and The Stables Restaurant
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Adventure Playground, Tractor Ted’s Little Farm & Soft Play Area
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Plentiful, on site & complimentary
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good135
- Philip CWokinghamTrip Type:CouplesAn enjoyable day outMonday, 10th September 2018We had watched the Countryfile review of Bowood where it was a venue for selection of winners of a photographic competition. The Countryfile review showed fine gardens which were the prime reason... Read full review
- Gareth DCardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelWeekend AwaySaturday, 15th September 2018What a lovely place Bowood House and gardens are, first time visiting and impressed with house and gardens. The weather not to good but if the sun was out what a fantastic place to sit in the sun... Read full review
- itinerant_tooSwindon, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBeautiful Woodland WalksMonday, 17th September 2018Looking for a gentle stroll on a sunny afternoon we chose Bowood. A great choice. We had a light lunch of baked potatoes and salad before walking around the woods and visiting the house. The hose is... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1249 812102
|Open (30 Mar 2019 - 3 Nov 2019)|
* Open daily between 11am and 6pm from April to November.
Last Admissions 5pm and Car Park closes at 6pm.
The House and Soft Play Area close at 5.30 pm and the Adventure Playground and Tractor Ted’s Little Farm close at 5.45pm. The Treehouse café closes at 6.00pm. After the Autumn clock change, all closing times are brought forward one hour.
The Woodland Gardens are open daily between 11am and 6pm from late April to mid June, according to the flowering season.