Bowood House & Gardens 2019 Open Season 30th March 2019 – 3rd November 2019.
Bowood House & Gardens is the home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne. Bowood offers a fantastic day out in Wiltshire for all the family. Famous for one of the UK’s most extensive Adventure Playgrounds, children are guaranteed the time of their lives. Younger children will enjoy meeting friendly farm animals at Tractor Ted’s Little Farm and undercover fun in the soft play area.
The whole family can relax in 100 acres of beautiful parkland, designed by ‘Capability’ Brown, offering a lake, arboretum, pinetum and cascade. Perfect for walks and exploring. Or, visit Bowood House, which hosts a wealth of unique items from Queen Victoria’s wedding chair to Napoleon’s death mask and an extensive art collection.
During the spring (late April to early June) visit the stunning Woodland Gardens, a woodland oasis offering breath taking vistas of colour covering over 70 acres.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Treehouse Café and The Stables Restaurant
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Adventure Playground, Tractor Ted’s Little Farm & Soft Play Area
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Plentiful, on site & complimentary
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good136
- bobnsuebuddenDevizes, United KingdomON OUR DOORSTEPSunday, 30th December 2018Luckily, always a delight visiting this wonderful stately home and gardens. Each year we visit the incredible rhododendron walk in the Spring. AND the best of ALL, The PRIVATE GARDEN TOUR, from... Read full review
- Bee711Wiltshire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAfternoon teaMonday, 7th January 2019Went for xmas afternoon tea, with a gift day voucher, had tea in the library, xmas decs and lovely real fire, the food was really nice with mulled wine as an extra, 2 large scones with jam and... Read full review
- ZoeH869Chippenham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAfternoon TeaWednesday, 13th February 2019Had a voucher for afternoon tea. As the other half is fussy with certain foods we pre warned them & were told it wouldn’t be a problem. We were running late for our reservation & then went to the... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1249 812102
|Open (30 Mar 2019 - 3 Nov 2019)|
* Open daily between 11am and 6pm from April to November.
Last Admissions 5pm and Car Park closes at 6pm.
The House and Soft Play Area close at 5.30 pm and the Adventure Playground and Tractor Ted’s Little Farm close at 5.45pm. The Treehouse café closes at 6.00pm. After the Autumn clock change, all closing times are brought forward one hour.
The Woodland Gardens are open daily between 11am and 6pm from late April to mid June, according to the flowering season.