Bowood House and Gardens
Tel: +44 (0)1249 812102
Bowood’s Gardens & Grounds, Adventure Playground and Outdoor Den have re-opened. The Treehouse Cafe is open for takeaway. Bowood House hopes to re-open soon. Please check website and social media feeds for details of how to book.
Bowood House & Gardens is the home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne. Bowood offers a fantastic day out in Wiltshire for all the family. Famous for one of the UK’s most extensive Adventure Playgrounds, children are guaranteed the time of their lives. NEW for 2020, A new area focusing on fun activities for our intrepid under 7 and inquisitive under 4 visitors.
The whole family can relax in 100 acres of beautiful parkland, designed by ‘Capability’ Brown, offering a lake, arboretum, pinetum and cascade. Perfect for walks and exploring. Or, visit Bowood House, which hosts a wealth of unique items from Queen Victoria’s wedding chair to Napoleon’s death mask and an extensive art collection.
During the spring (mid April to early June) visit the stunning Woodland Gardens, a woodland oasis offering breath taking vistas of colour covering over 70 acres.
|Open (1 Apr 2021 - 1 Nov 2021)|
* Open daily between 11am and 6pm from April to November.
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Treehouse Café and The Stables Restaurant
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - NEW for 2020, A new area focusing on fun activities for our intrepid under 7 and inquisitive under 4 visitors & Soft Play Area
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Plentiful, on site & complimentary
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good223
- GabbystronMarlborough, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyRude, bullying groundsmenMonday, 16th November 2020Today at Bowood there was a very little man in his very little green truck with his very little dog, being rude to members of the public using the pathway, from the, Landsdowne pub entrance. Whilst... Read full review
- F9067XWleegTrip Type:FamilyImpressiveSaturday, 26th December 2020Stayed for Christmas 2020 with family from arrival to departure, Bowood staff made us feel so welcome. All staff members throughout were friendly and approachable, the restaurant was run so smoothly... Read full review
- mikesP6928BYTrip Type:FamilyA must if you are visiting WiltshireSunday, 16th May 2021Visited the woodland gardens. It was stunning!! The experience was great from the moment we arrived. Lots of parking & the lovely lady at the kiosk couldn’t have been more welcoming and helpful. The... Read full review