Bowood House & Gardens 2019 Open Season 30th March 2019 – 3rd November 2019.
Bowood House & Gardens is the home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne. Bowood offers a fantastic day out in Wiltshire for all the family. Famous for one of the UK’s most extensive Adventure Playgrounds, children are guaranteed the time of their lives. Younger children will enjoy meeting friendly farm animals at Tractor Ted’s Little Farm and undercover fun in the soft play area.
The whole family can relax in 100 acres of beautiful parkland, designed by ‘Capability’ Brown, offering a lake, arboretum, pinetum and cascade. Perfect for walks and exploring. Or, visit Bowood House, which hosts a wealth of unique items from Queen Victoria’s wedding chair to Napoleon’s death mask and an extensive art collection.
During the spring (late April to early June) visit the stunning Woodland Gardens, a woodland oasis offering breath taking vistas of colour covering over 70 acres.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Treehouse Café and The Stables Restaurant
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Adventure Playground, Tractor Ted’s Little Farm & Soft Play Area
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Plentiful, on site & complimentary
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Very Good138
- peterjsloanSwindon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA Glorious Woodland WalkTuesday, 7th May 2019The Bowood Woodland Gardens are situated on the A342 Chippenham to Devices road between Deer Hill & Sandy Lane villages, [not to be confused with Bowood House]The best time to visit is between 27th... Read full review
- YunziesTravelsLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesHealing hands among a flourish of touches ushering in summer at splendid BowoodMonday, 13th May 2019Stroll, sip, dance or marvel at its array of curiosities, the Bowood Estate has a flourish of touches to welcome guests from far and wide this summer. Set amid parkland designed by Lancelot... Read full review
- Ishy29Trip Type:CouplesVisited after staying in Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf HotelTuesday, 14th May 2019Made use of our free visit to Bowood House and Gardens today which is beautiful. Didn’t spend much time in the grounds but enjoyed looking around the house and hearing the history from the lovely... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1249 812102
|Open (30 Mar 2019 - 3 Nov 2019)|
* Open daily between 11am and 6pm from April to November.
Last Admissions 5pm and Car Park closes at 6pm.
The House and Soft Play Area close at 5.30 pm and the Adventure Playground and Tractor Ted’s Little Farm close at 5.45pm. The Treehouse café closes at 6.00pm. After the Autumn clock change, all closing times are brought forward one hour.
The Woodland Gardens are open daily between 11am and 6pm from late April to mid June, according to the flowering season.