Bowood House and Gardens
Tel: +44 (0)1249 812102
Bowood House and Gardens & Grounds, Adventure Playground and Outdoor Den have re-opened. The Treehouse Cafe is also open. Please check website and social media feeds for details of how to book.
Bowood House & Gardens is the home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne. Bowood offers a fantastic day out in Wiltshire for all the family. Famous for one of the UK’s most extensive Adventure Playgrounds, children are guaranteed the time of their lives. NEW for 2020, A new area focusing on fun activities for our intrepid under 7 and inquisitive under 4 visitors.
The whole family can relax in 100 acres of beautiful parkland, designed by ‘Capability’ Brown, offering a lake, arboretum, pinetum and cascade. Perfect for walks and exploring. Or, visit Bowood House, which hosts a wealth of unique items from Queen Victoria’s wedding chair to Napoleon’s death mask and an extensive art collection.
During the spring (mid April to early June) visit the stunning Woodland Gardens, a woodland oasis offering breath taking vistas of colour covering over 70 acres.
|Open (1 Apr 2021 - 1 Nov 2021)|
* Open daily between 11am and 6pm from April to November.
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Treehouse Café and The Stables Restaurant
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - NEW for 2020, A new area focusing on fun activities for our intrepid under 7 and inquisitive under 4 visitors & Soft Play Area
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Plentiful, on site & complimentary
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good233
- BecciGlosGloucestershire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWonderful day outTuesday, 31st August 2021Had the best day here yesterday. Arrived to ample parking. Friendly welcome and had an early lunch straight away at the Treehouse cafe - not a huge selection but fine for lunch and was enjoyable... Read full review
- coopergirl2016Bristol, United KingdomA step back in timeWednesday, 8th September 2021My parents visited Bowood house and gardens back n the 1970's but I had not as I was not born at that point. Upon arrival where pre booking is essential,the car park is large and free. A short... Read full review
- John LShropshire, United KingdomSomething for everyoneMonday, 20th September 2021We enjoyed our visit to the house (actually the stables originally as the Big House was too expensive to maintain and demolished many years ago). The laboratory where Joseph Priestley discovered... Read full review