Bowood House & Gardens 2019 Open Season 30th March 2019 – 3rd November 2019.
Bowood House & Gardens is the home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne. Bowood offers a fantastic day out in Wiltshire for all the family. Famous for one of the UK’s most extensive Adventure Playgrounds, children are guaranteed the time of their lives. Younger children will enjoy meeting friendly farm animals at Tractor Ted’s Little Farm and undercover fun in the soft play area.
The whole family can relax in 100 acres of beautiful parkland, designed by ‘Capability’ Brown, offering a lake, arboretum, pinetum and cascade. Perfect for walks and exploring. Or, visit Bowood House, which hosts a wealth of unique items from Queen Victoria’s wedding chair to Napoleon’s death mask and an extensive art collection.
During the spring (late April to early June) visit the stunning Woodland Gardens, a woodland oasis offering breath taking vistas of colour covering over 70 acres.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Treehouse Café and The Stables Restaurant
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Adventure Playground, Tractor Ted’s Little Farm & Soft Play Area
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Plentiful, on site & complimentary
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good144
- MazziFamilyBristol, United KingdomBowood HouseWednesday, 21st August 2019Visited here as my husband completed the triathlon here, for anyone doing the triathlon, its quite hilly and there is a long run up hill after the swim to the bike transition area, but the grounds... Read full review
- SkyBlue33London, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPicturesque place but a few issues...Wednesday, 21st August 2019We visited for the first time this week and firstly have to say it is a beautiful place. Sadly however we encountered a few issues. Firstly, much bigger kids in the toddler part of the soft play... Read full review
- fozzy666Chelmsford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyExcellent a day that keeps givingFriday, 23rd August 2019Attended Bowood house today mainly for tractor Teds farm, we were amazed with how much there was to do there, with the farm, then on to the play area possibly the biggest best Iv come across, then on... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1249 812102
|Open (30 Mar 2019 - 3 Nov 2019)|
* Open daily between 11am and 6pm from April to November.
Last Admissions 5pm and Car Park closes at 6pm.
The House and Soft Play Area close at 5.30 pm and the Adventure Playground and Tractor Ted’s Little Farm close at 5.45pm. The Treehouse café closes at 6.00pm. After the Autumn clock change, all closing times are brought forward one hour.
The Woodland Gardens are open daily between 11am and 6pm from late April to mid June, according to the flowering season.