Bowood House and Gardens
Tel: +44 (0)1249 812102
Bowood House and Gardens are currently closed and will open for the 2022 Season from 1st April – 1st November 2022.
Bowood House & Gardens is the home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne. Bowood offers a fantastic day out in Wiltshire for all the family. Famous for one of the UK’s most extensive Adventure Playgrounds, children are guaranteed the time of their lives. NEW for 2022, The Activity Barn within The Den, A new area focusing on fun activities for our intrepid under 7 and inquisitive under 4 visitors.
The whole family can relax in 100 acres of beautiful parkland, designed by ‘Capability’ Brown, offering a lake, arboretum, pinetum and cascade. Perfect for walks and exploring. Or, visit Bowood House, which hosts a wealth of unique items from Queen Victoria’s wedding chair to Napoleon’s death mask and an extensive art collection.
During the spring (mid April to early June) visit the stunning Woodland Gardens, a woodland oasis offering breath taking vistas of colour covering over 70 acres.
|Open (1 Apr 2022 - 1 Nov 2022)|
* Bowood House & Gardens is now closed and will reopen on the 1st April – 1st November 2022
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Treehouse Café and The Stables Restaurant
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - NEW for 2020, A new area focusing on fun activities for our intrepid under 7 and inquisitive under 4 visitors & Soft Play Area
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Plentiful, on site & complimentary
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good234
- John LShropshire, United KingdomSomething for everyoneMonday, 20th September 2021We enjoyed our visit to the house (actually the stables originally as the Big House was too expensive to maintain and demolished many years ago). The laboratory where Joseph Priestley discovered... Read full review
- Ken RTrip Type:CouplesIts quite remarkable that so few owned so much land and property .Monday, 4th October 2021Again a lovely location ,acres to walk around ,wonderful trees and gardens and of course the history of the family and building, ,' Landsdown and Shelbourne are very familiar names in Dublin City . Read full review
- D462HJcharlotterTrip Type:FamilyGood fun for kids poor cafeTuesday, 26th October 2021We did the autumn trail which was good and the children played in the adventure playground, which is excellent. We went to the cafe for lunch and despite it being half term at 12.30 there were no... Read full review