Bowood House & Gardens 2019 Open Season 30th March 2019 – 3rd November 2019.
Bowood House & Gardens is the home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne. Bowood offers a fantastic day out in Wiltshire for all the family. Famous for one of the UK’s most extensive Adventure Playgrounds, children are guaranteed the time of their lives. Younger children will enjoy meeting friendly farm animals at Tractor Ted’s Little Farm and undercover fun in the soft play area.
The whole family can relax in 100 acres of beautiful parkland, designed by ‘Capability’ Brown, offering a lake, arboretum, pinetum and cascade. Perfect for walks and exploring. Or, visit Bowood House, which hosts a wealth of unique items from Queen Victoria’s wedding chair to Napoleon’s death mask and an extensive art collection.
During the spring (late April to early June) visit the stunning Woodland Gardens, a woodland oasis offering breath taking vistas of colour covering over 70 acres.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Treehouse Café and The Stables Restaurant
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Adventure Playground, Tractor Ted’s Little Farm & Soft Play Area
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Plentiful, on site & complimentary
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good148
- mikeo400Great Bedwyn, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFamily day.Sunday, 15th September 2019Lovely venue for annual family gathering ages 6 months to late 60s. Something for all ages. From the historic house, glorious grounds, play areas for all ages. But would say this is definitely a dry... Read full review
- MasterstwinsDisappointed twin boysMonday, 23rd September 2019Having grown up in the area I had fond memories of the adventure playground and all the slides it offered and was excited to be able to take my twin boys back to experience what I did as a child. It... Read full review
- LionelT862Preston, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNeet and TidyThursday, 3rd October 2019This place is very well kept - neet and tidy and well looked after and is a credit to the family who own it. However, we were a little disappointed that more of the rooms were not set out to show how... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1249 812102
|Open (30 Mar 2019 - 3 Nov 2019)|
* Open daily between 11am and 6pm from April to November.
Last Admissions 5pm and Car Park closes at 6pm.
The House and Soft Play Area close at 5.30 pm and the Adventure Playground and Tractor Ted’s Little Farm close at 5.45pm. The Treehouse café closes at 6.00pm. After the Autumn clock change, all closing times are brought forward one hour.
The Woodland Gardens are open daily between 11am and 6pm from late April to mid June, according to the flowering season.