Bowood House and Gardens
Tel: +44 (0)1249 812102
***Bowood House and Gardens re-opens 6 July 2020. Find out more about their updated safety measures on their website.***
Bowood House & Gardens is the home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne. Bowood offers a fantastic day out in Wiltshire for all the family. Famous for one of the UK’s most extensive Adventure Playgrounds, children are guaranteed the time of their lives. NEW for 2020, A new area focusing on fun activities for our intrepid under 7 and inquisitive under 4 visitors.
The whole family can relax in 100 acres of beautiful parkland, designed by ‘Capability’ Brown, offering a lake, arboretum, pinetum and cascade. Perfect for walks and exploring. Or, visit Bowood House, which hosts a wealth of unique items from Queen Victoria’s wedding chair to Napoleon’s death mask and an extensive art collection.
During the spring (mid April to early June) visit the stunning Woodland Gardens, a woodland oasis offering breath taking vistas of colour covering over 70 acres.
|Open (1 Apr 2020 - 1 Nov 2020)|
* Open daily between 11am and 6pm from April to November.
Last Admissions 5pm and Car Park closes at 6pm.
The House and Soft Play Area close at 5.30 pm and the Adventure Playground closes at 5.45pm. The Treehouse café closes at 6.00pm. After the Autumn clock change, all closing times are brought forward one hour.
The Woodland Gardens are open daily between 11am and 6pm from late April to mid June, according to the flowering season.
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Treehouse Café and The Stables Restaurant
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - NEW for 2020, A new area focusing on fun activities for our intrepid under 7 and inquisitive under 4 visitors & Soft Play Area
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Plentiful, on site & complimentary
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good220
- ChristopherXIGLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyChildhood memoriesSunday, 22nd December 2019I remember Boowood house & garden from trips with my school as a child. This summer I had the Great pleasure in taking my sons and we had a great time. A few of the older attractions are not in uses... Read full review
- LouiseA803Chippenham, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessLarge event catered for quite wellSunday, 16th February 2020I’m vegetarian, in a minority in this group I think. Unimaginative but adequate. Meat option ways OK. Read full review
- williamc169London, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFebruary weekendSaturday, 29th February 2020On a pouring February weekend we arrived to be met by cheerful staff and a proper double room. Then we went down for dinner through big public rooms with impressive art. Things slid started to... Read full review