Bowood House and Gardens
Tel: +44 (0)1249 812102
Bowood House and Gardens are open for the 2022 Season from 1 April – 1 November 2022.
Bowood House & Gardens is the home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne. Bowood offers a fantastic day out in Wiltshire for all the family. Famous for one of the UK’s most extensive Adventure Playgrounds, children are guaranteed the time of their lives. NEW for 2022, The Activity Barn within The Den, a new area focusing on fun activities for the intrepid under 7 and inquisitive under 4 visitors.
The whole family can relax in 100 acres of beautiful parkland, designed by ‘Capability’ Brown, offering a lake, arboretum, pinetum and cascade. Perfect for walks and exploring. Or, visit Bowood House, which hosts a wealth of unique items from Queen Victoria’s wedding chair to Napoleon’s death mask and an extensive art collection.
During the spring (mid April to early June) visit the stunning Woodland Gardens, a woodland oasis offering breath taking vistas of colour covering over 70 acres.
|Open (1 Apr 2022 - 1 Nov 2022)|
* Bowood House & Gardens are open from 1st April – 1st November 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Treehouse Café and The Stables Restaurant
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - An area focusing on fun activities for our intrepid under 7 and inquisitive under 4 visitors.
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Plentiful, on site & complimentary
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good234
- vald2022Well worth a visit.Saturday, 21st May 2022Beautiful Gardens, lovely to stroll around. Spectacular views.. House has so much history in it, and well worth a look. Nice cafe, huge play area for kids, nice shop. Read full review
- Cherriesfan99Cheltenham, United KingdomIt is a lovely relaxed day in a charming, elegant location.Saturday, 28th May 2022Very clear and sensible management of this beautiful property and its surroundings: the golf course, hotel and spa, have a separate entrance from the children's play area, the House and the... Read full review
- helenedI2706IZCwmbran, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNever againWednesday, 1st June 2022Total waste of money. It was raining when we visited but normally locations like this are good whatever the weather. However what we got for our entry fee was merely a 2nd rate exhibition. This... Read full review