Bristol Packet Boat Trips offer harbour tours and river cruises with award winning commentaries.
A 45-minute tour of the Harbour is the perfect way to learn about Bristol’s fascinating history. Alternatively take a two hour cream tea cruise of the harbour.
Upstream trips include afternoon trips to Beeses Tea Gardens, lunch trips to Hanham, Lunch trips to Beeses and day trips to Bath.
An Avon Gorge Cruise takes you downstream, sailing through the floating harbour into the Junction Lock where you will lock down onto the tidal part of the Avon. Enjoy spectacular views of the Gorge and Brunel’s Suspension Bridge.
Bristol Packet run four boats - the famous Tower Belle, Bagheera, Redshank and Flower of Bristol and each boat has fully stocked bar providing hot and cold drinks and W.C. facilities.
Bristol Packet Boat Trips can carry private charters between 20 and 100 passengers, which are available all year.
General public trips operate every weekend and daily during Bristol’s school holidays. The boats depart from ss Great Britain, Watershed and Welsh Back.
Dog-friendly for some trips, please call before hand to check.
- Cater for groups - Private hire available
- In town/city centre
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good58
- CassiebeesBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayAvon gorge cruiseSunday, 23rd September 2018We booked this trip for my father-in-law's & my mother's birthdays-both in their 80s. Ok the weather wasn't brilliant in fact it rained the whole trip. But lucky we were on the glass boat Bagheera so... Read full review
- matthew lTrip Type:Friends getawayEducational treatSunday, 30th September 2018Took the Avon Gorge cruise - it was a surprise gift. 8 of us in total were thrilled to learn of the history surrounding Bristol's floating harbor, the locks and the gorge. There is a small bar on... Read full review
- VickytravelsaroundStafford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFun short tripSunday, 17th February 2019We went on a 45min short trip around the harbour. It was very informative and lovely to hear tales from hundreds of years ago as well as see the buildings from another perspective. The guides were... Read full review
Gas Ferry Road
Tel: +44 (0)117 926 8157
|Bristol Packet (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Please check details of public sailing times and contact us for private hire