Bristol Packet Boat Trips offer harbour tours and river cruises with award winning commentaries.
A 45-minute tour of the Harbour is the perfect way to learn about Bristol’s fascinating history. Alternatively take a two hour cream tea cruise of the harbour.
Upstream trips include afternoon trips to Beeses Tea Gardens, lunch trips to Hanham, Lunch trips to Beeses and day trips to Bath.
An Avon Gorge Cruise takes you downstream, sailing through the floating harbour into the Junction Lock where you will lock down onto the tidal part of the Avon. Enjoy spectacular views of the Gorge and Brunel’s Suspension Bridge.
Bristol Packet run four boats - the famous Tower Belle, Bagheera, Redshank and Flower of Bristol and each boat has fully stocked bar providing hot and cold drinks and W.C. facilities.
Bristol Packet Boat Trips can carry private charters between 20 and 100 passengers, which are available all year.
General public trips operate every weekend and daily during Bristol’s school holidays. The boats depart from ss Great Britain, Watershed and Welsh Back.
Dog-friendly for some trips, please call before hand to check.
- Cater for groups - Private hire available
- In town/city centre
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good56
- GranZorroZug, SwitzerlandTrip Type:CouplesDisappontingSaturday, 18th August 2018We do like being on the water and exploring the sights from that perspective. However, here we were disappointed. A rickety old boat with an inadequate sound system, and a short trip around the... Read full review
- John SBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayVery goodFriday, 17th August 2018Took a trip up to the Old Lock and Weir for lunch on the Bagheera.Nice boat with glass roof, comfortable seating and bar.Very good crew giving a running commentary on points of interest. Good value... Read full review
- DaxiemumAshford, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBrilliantWednesday, 15th August 2018We visited the docks today but our experiences are limited as we have 4 small dogs with us. So we were really chuffed when the harbour boat tour had no problem with us taking the dogs on board. They... Read full review
Gas Ferry Road
Tel: +44 (0)117 926 8157
|Bristol Packet (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Please check details of public sailing times and contact us for private hire