Bristol Packet Boat Trips
Tel: +44 (0)117 926 8157
Bristol Packet Boat Trips are currently running a revised timetable of 45 minute trips from the Queens Steps at Brunel's SS Great Britain with 2m spacing on the boat.
They are also offering small private parties where they ensure social distancing between household groups.
Visit their website for more information and to book these services.
Bristol Packet Boat Trips offer harbour tours and river cruises with award winning commentaries.
A 45-minute tour of the Harbour is the perfect way to learn about Bristol’s fascinating history. Alternatively take a two hour cream tea cruise of the harbour.
Upstream trips include afternoon trips to Beeses Tea Gardens, lunch trips to Hanham, Lunch trips to Beeses and day trips to Bath.
An Avon Gorge Cruise takes you downstream, sailing through the floating harbour into the Junction Lock where you will lock down onto the tidal part of the Avon. Enjoy spectacular views of the Gorge and Brunel’s Suspension Bridge.
Bristol Packet run four boats - the famous Tower Belle, Bagheera, Redshank and Flower of Bristol and each boat has fully stocked bar providing hot and cold drinks and W.C. facilities.
Bristol Packet Boat Trips can carry private charters between 20 and 100 passengers, which are available all year.
General public trips operate every weekend and daily during Bristol’s school holidays. The boats depart from ss Great Britain, Watershed and Welsh Back.
Dog-friendly for some trips, please call before hand to check.
You may also like
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Please check details of public sailing times and contact us for private hire
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Cater for groups - Private hire available
- In town/city centre
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good64
- H1072PGNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA lovely trip on the 100 year old Tower BelleTuesday, 27th October 2020We booked ahead by phone for the 1130 City Dock tour. A very welcoming team guided us on board to socially distanced seating. The 45 minute tour from SS Great Britain in the October sunshine was a... Read full review
- MTMHampshireTrip Type:FamilyLovely 45 min tourWednesday, 28th October 2020Lovely way to spend 45 min with great views including ones of SS Great Britain. There is a bar on board for hot drinks and beers etc. Definitely recommend Read full review
- JTJDUnited KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat! Don’t miss this tour....Tuesday, 10th November 2020We took the 45 min harbour tour on the Tower Belle & loved every minute of it! The boat was busy with tourists but adequate social distancing was maintained. Hot & cold drinks, including alcoholic... Read full review