Colston Hall is Bristol’s largest concert hall, presenting concerts and entertainment by major names in rock, pop, jazz, folk, world and classical music, stand up comedy and light entertainment, as well as local choirs, orchestras and schools.
Audiences have been enjoying music here since 1867 and the building remains at the heart of cultural life in the city. Some of the world’s biggest music and comedy stars have performed on its stage, including The Beatles, David Bowie, Elton John, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Motorhead and Bob Dylan.
In more recent years it has hosted music from the likes of Emile Sandé, George Ezra, Texas, Robert Plant and Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra; played host to BBC 6 Music Festival; comedy from Ricky Gervais, Jimmy Carr and Sarah Millican; as well as being a key player in many of Bristol’s wider events including the Bristol International Jazz & Blues Festival, Simple Things Festival, Slapstick Festival and Doors Open Day.
Built in 2009, the iconic golden foyer has made Colston Hall an architecturally significant and striking addition to Bristol’s skyline and befits the many fantastic performers who have played there.
Colston Hall's historic spaces and auditoriums are currently undergoing a £48.8m transformation, which will turn the venue into one the best performance and music learning spaces in Europe – a modern, accessible, state-of-the-art facility.
Meanwhile Colston Hall continues to bring the best live music to the region through its Colston Hall Presents programme, taking shows to Bristol's finest music venues.
Colston Hall's modern foyer building remains open for business - hire one of its meeting rooms or unique open plan spaces for your next meeting or event, or simply relax with a coffee at Colston Street Bar and Kitchen.
Find out more about Bristol's varied music scene. Or you can see a list of the events coming up at the Colston Hall below.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Please check events listings for performance times.
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Special group rates - For classical concerts
- Family Fun
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good141
- CalBristolWeston-super-Mare, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelOnly the foyer is open for the forseeable futureWednesday, 13th March 2019Although the outside of the building looks the same they are in fact, gutting the main hall and building a "world class venue" within the existing walls. Goodness knows why the old listed 1950's... Read full review
- SDee92Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesRAF concertSaturday, 15th June 2019Went to the RAF concert with my 98yr old Dad, we go every year and it is the high light of the year for him. Easy access and good sound for him. Read full review
- Wayne AWeymouth, United KingdomCOWBOY JUNKIESWednesday, 17th July 2019Hi i saw the Cowboy Junkies there on the 16th july 2019 And they were amazing as always. Now about the venue the bar prices i found to be at a very good price. With free tap water to hand.. The venue... Read full review