Colston Hall is Bristol’s largest concert hall, presenting concerts and entertainment by major names in rock, pop, jazz, folk, world and classical music, stand up comedy and light entertainment, as well as local choirs, orchestras and schools.
Audiences have been enjoying music here since 1867 and the building remains at the heart of cultural life in the city. Some of the world’s biggest music and comedy stars have performed on its stage, including The Beatles, David Bowie, Elton John, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Motorhead and Bob Dylan.
In more recent years it has hosted music from the likes of Emile Sandé, George Ezra, Texas, Robert Plant and Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra; played host to BBC 6 Music Festival; comedy from Ricky Gervais, Jimmy Carr and Sarah Millican; as well as being a key player in many of Bristol’s wider events including the Bristol International Jazz & Blues Festival, Simple Things Festival, Slapstick Festival and Doors Open Day.
Built in 2009, the iconic golden foyer has made Colston Hall an architecturally significant and striking addition to Bristol’s skyline and befits the many fantastic performers who have played there.
Colston Hall's historic spaces and auditoriums are currently undergoing a £48.8m transformation, which will turn the venue into one the best performance and music learning spaces in Europe – a modern, accessible, state-of-the-art facility.
Meanwhile Colston Hall continues to bring the best live music to the region through its Colston Hall Presents programme, taking shows to Bristol's finest music venues.
Colston Hall's modern foyer building remains open for business - hire one of its meeting rooms or unique open plan spaces for your next meeting or event, or simply relax with a coffee at Colston Street Bar and Kitchen.
Find out more about Bristol's varied music scene. Or you can see a list of the events coming up at the Colston Hall below.
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Special group rates - For classical concerts
- Family Fun
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good139
- JulieJoshTrip Type:FamilyHoo-Ha!Saturday, 18th August 2018The Annual Hoo-Ha! held in the Colston Hall is a must to put in your calendar for the family. Events run on all floors including dance off and competitions crafts theatre space explorer some all in... Read full review
- Thomas BBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBrilliant event venueThursday, 12th July 2018Great venue for events, seen lots of live music and comedy here over the years and never had an issue, good stages and viewing and good facilities for drink at the venue. Read full review
- ShibastitcherWorcester, United KingdomVery helpful staffMonday, 9th July 2018Visited for an evening Bryan Ferry concert. Good view, paid car parking nearby and a reasonable show ticket price. Cafe/restaurant is small and cramped, but choice of food/drink and quality seemed... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 203 4040
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Please check events listings for performance times.