Cooking It is a cookery school it can be found on Chandos Road in the heart of Cotham. In between the very trendy Whiteladies Road and the Gloucester Road. Only 15 minutes walk and five minutes drive from the centre of Bristol. At Cooking it we love food and entertaining people. We do all sorts from Corporate Events, hen parties and stags, children’s classes and birthday parties and adult classes. There is something for everyone to enjoy. We love to work with anyone from 0 to 100 years old. Cooking it is the perfect do for Hen and Stag parties, Birthday surprises, Work socials or just an excuse for a get-together with friends!
Kids Classes and Parties
The cooking classes for children are a fantastic way to discover about the art of cooking. Children will gain an understanding about the importance of having a good nutrition, whilst at the same time having fun. They will be let loose to work as independently as possible, or in small groups. We do holiday classes and special events during the year to tickle all taste buds.
Children’s parties are great fun choose from a fun Chocolate party, Mexican food party, Yankee Doodle Party, Afternoon Tea Party to name some. Look at the website for the different options. Children as young as 5 years old can have tase parties.
Team Building and corporate cooking events
These events are interactive cooking experiences which we facilitate. A delicious way to foster teamwork among work colleagues. Therefore, since cooking is a fun, fast paced activity, it makes for an engaging activity no matter the skill level.
Our hand-on lessons aren’t your average team building day out-no raft building here. They are fabulous ice-breakers but, more importantly, they’re light hearted, informal and great fun. After the cooking you will be able to share your food in a large dinning table which fits up to 25 people so your party is guaranteed to be loud.
Come to learn to cook from all corners of the globe in our signature relaxed cooking style- and leave with some new tricks up your sleeve and a recipe or ten to add to your repertoire.
Hen and Stag Parties
If you’re looking for cooking fun as an alternative hen and/or stag party experience that will live long in the memory, Cooking it is the answer. Drinks are the prelude to a fun cookery session where, with a glass of wine in your hand, you’ll work through a menu designed to embrace any dietary compulsion.
In most hen or stag parties only half the group know each other, so if the girls or boys begin by engaging in a hands-on activity like cooking whilst enjoying a few drinks, tension is immediately eliminated and by the time people are eating, noise and laughter are “cacophonous”, which is just as well because the Cooking it kitchen is noise proofed! and exclusive to any individual party.
There’s plenty of time to play a few games, and say a few words during coffee; after which the fun continues in vibrant Whiteladies Road or Gloucester Ro22ad which offers a multitude of cutting edge bars, pubs and really lovely cafes guaranteed to see the bride or groom off in style.
Adult cooking classes
There are plenty of classes to choose from our “menu”. The most popular adult cooking classes are the tapas classes, Spanish cuisine, the Paella workshop, Persian cuisine to name some. The classes also include our fantastic Thermomix demonstrations and cookery classes. All classes can be booked for private parties and events.
Cooking It can be hired for all sorts. In fact, we don’t only have one kitchen, but two kitchens and a small, cute garden. The kitchens are fully equipped with all that you will need to run a pop up restaurant space, a community group or a kitchen space to rent for any of your needs, whatever they may be, ready to be hired for any food based projects.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed until the 13th of January for Christmas breakDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good4
- roblewis1989Spanish cuisine at it's sensational best - A must try!Thursday, 19th December 2019An incredible experience! I can't recommend enough. Me and 5 friends had soooo much fun being taught how to make traditional Spanish tapas and then enjoying a delicious dining experience together... Read full review
- georgieb533Absolutely Excellent!Thursday, 19th December 2019Such a brilliant experience in a fantastic space. Monica made it so much fun, and we cooked some incredible recipes. It's the perfect team building activity and great for a group of friends, family... Read full review
- Michaella202020Trip Type:CouplesFun and relaxed evening making tapas!Friday, 24th January 2020We had such a great time cooking Spanish tapas with Josh at Cookingit. He was really informative and laid back. Always made himself available to answer questions or teach us tricks on how to chop for... Read full review