If you’re looking for a fun, creative and truly Bristol experience, how about a graffiti workshop? Graft’s workshops are led by professional artists and give you a unique insight into the history of Bristol graffiti, as well as the chance to learn or develop skills with spraycans, stencils and paint markers.
They cater for groups of all shapes and sizes, from families with children to hen and stag parties, teambuilding groups and schools.
No experience is necessary, and all materials are provided, including PPE. You will create two unique pieces of art to take away with you; a graffiti name board and a stencil canvas – both conveniently sized to fit in your suitcase if you’re travelling home!
Many of their workshops take place at The Island, a former police station where you can learn graffiti techniques in the cells!
Traducción al español disponible.
“Just to let you know we all had a fantastic time on Saturday. The guys got really into it; the folklore, the community, the art… It was a very memorable experience, and the photos are still rolling in!” Simon, stag party.
"Rob is a brilliant graffiti artist and a fantastic teacher. The workshop was perfect – an introduction to Bristol's secret history, through graffiti, followed by a chance to learn some techniques and to get hands on and have a go with the spray cans. A really inspiring day!" Professor Alice Roberts.
“We’d like to thank you for the great workshop that we had in Bristol. The students really loved it!
They told us that they learned a lot about it and had a very good time during the workshop. Next time, when we visit Bristol, we will book a workshop again.” Mirjam, Merewade College, Netherlands.
“The kids have had a fantastic time, and I've enjoyed it too - I'm not sure what my expectations were of a graffiti workshop, but I know you have far surpassed them!” Howard Davies, Sea Mills Primary School
“Just wanted to say a huge thank you for Saturday!! Rob was very knowledgeable and good fun. He had a real passion for the subject which made it a delight for everyone in our group. When it came time to try our hand at some graffiti of our own Rob provided just the right amount of hand holding, ideas and advice such that we all came away with 2 pieces each that we were delighted with (despite our very differing artistic abilities!!). The event was very well organised right from our first contact with Graft through to the final goodbye with Rob. Can't recommend this experience highly enough.....!!!” Lisa Hulme – PHD Interactive, Teambuilding workshop
Graft place a high value on the accessibility of all their workshops and activities. With extensive experience of supporting people with additional needs, both professionally and within their own families, all of the team are keen to accommodate and welcome people with any accessibility needs.
They can provide:
- a fully accessible venue (please note: the main venue is not wheelchair accessible, but they have an alternative venue very close by, so just drop the, a line and they can book it)
- a social story and/or photographs to help you prepare for your visit
- free places for accompanying carers who are not participating
- adaptations to the pace or content of the workshop
- breaks during the workshop
- coloured paper instead of white, if required
- toilets with paper towels instead of loud hand dryers
- a workshop at your venue, subject to availability and distance
- foreign language translation by arrangement
|Tours run throughout the year (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Every day except Christmas Day and Boxing Day, 9am-9pm
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age 8
- Equipment/clothing free of charge - They provide all equipment and materials
- Fully qualified instructors
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- In town/city centre
- Stag and Hen Parties