Established in 1978, Mendip Activity Centre is the ultimate adventure playground in the heart of the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty! Open to all, 7 days a week. Self-led activities, individual spaces, private sessions, and birthday parties are available to book online.
Get Active! Mendip’s 165m, floodlit dry snowsport slope is a great place to learn to ski or snowboard. There’s something for complete beginners and experienced skiers or snowboarders. The dedicated toboggan slope is one of Mendip’s most popular activities, available for ages 4+ with special seasonal twists throughout the year.
Be Adventurous! Mendip’s private, disused quarry is the perfect place to try climbing and abseiling with Mendip’s qualified instructors. There are plenty of challenges for experienced climbers, too!
Go Underground with Mendip’s expert caving guides. Taster caving sessions and more extreme adventure caving opportunities are available.
Take to the Water at Mendip’s private river, just 2 mins from the M5 Junction 21. Go kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, raft building or try the challenging assault course.
Explore the Outdoors. Mendip's 18 Hole Frisbee Golf Course is one of only 35 in the country, the perfect activity for all ages. Armed with a frisbee, map and scorecard, aim for the metal baskets dotted around the beautiful woodland and rolling Mendip hills.
Take Aim and channel your inner viking. With floodlit archery, axe throwing and air rifle ranges, Mendip’s instructors will coach you through whichever activity you choose. Children and adults will love Archery Active, the ultimate team combat sport combining all the best bits of paintballing, archery and dodgeball.
Bring Your Team
Mendip Activity Centre offers exciting, fun team away days, perfect for team building, company days out and stag and hens. Get in touch to start planning your day.
Quality Outdoor Education
Mendip provides high quality outdoor education provision for schools and youth groups. Enquire here for more information on activity days, residentials, DofE expeditions and Gold residentials.
Refuel at the Alpine Lounge
Whilst onsite, refuel at the Alpine Lounge, a cafe-diner serving super dirty, loaded burgers, hot dogs and fries all with an alpine inspired twist. If you’re an early bird, check out the infamous breakfast menu too and of course coffee and cakes are served all day, everyday.
A day trip isn’t enough to pack everything in! Find out more about Mendip Basecamp, Mendip’s family adventure campsite here.
Activities available include:
Air rifle shooting
Bushcraft & survival skills
Low ropes course
Stand up paddle boarding
- Mendip Activity Centre Video
* Open 7 days a week, pre booking essential.
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good32
- Michelle BHemel Hempstead, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazingWednesday, 11th May 2022My friend and I went here to do abseiling, it was absolutely brilliant! We had a great time well worth the 3 hour road trip to get there, the weather was great so was our abseiling!! Our instructor... Read full review
- 348JulieWCambridge, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat afternoonSunday, 5th June 2022Abseiling was brilliant Rod was very patient as I took a lot of coaxing to go over the edge We were very lucky that we were the only ones on the session so we go to go up many times Toilets on site... Read full review
- AndySpiers777Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat 2 hours canoeingMonday, 6th June 2022We had two hours canoeing. Our guide Ethan was brilliant. Our small group aged from 10-50 with mixed ability and mixed enthusiasm! But Ethan read the room perfectly and provided us with a great... Read full review