Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm is the home of the big zoo animals including African Elephants, White Rhinos, Giraffe, Lions, Zebra and Spectacled Bears. You’ll be amazed at the variety of nature you’ll see with over 100 species of animals, set in 100 acres of Somerset countryside. They are open 7 days a week.
Interactive Keeper Talks
Noah's Ark Zoo Farm has an abundance of keeper talks, from Elephant Keeper Talks, to Lions & Meerkats. These take place daily. Please see their website for more details.
Birds of Prey Flying Display
Taking place every day at 12.30pm, Noah’s Ark runs a Birds of Prey Flying Display. Watch majestic Birds of Prey fly past whilst their keepers share their wealth of bird knowledge. This display takes place on Rhino Hill. For more information on this, please see their website.
Outdoor Play Areas
Noah’s Ark has a range of Play Areas dotted around the zoo. These include a wheelchair friendly accessible Elephant Play Area, Adventure Playground and trampolines. Please see the full list below:
• Accessible Play Area
• Elephant Slide
• Wallaby Hill Adventure Playground
• Bigger Diggers
• Sand Pit
• Termite Mound
• Zip Wire
• Welly Splash
The Great British Wildlife Maze
The Great British Wildlife Maze is the longest and wildest hedge maze in the UK. Navigate the Maze by answering interesting wildlife questions and finish by climbing the nest tower for a brilliant view of the zoo.
Noah’s Ark has a selection of indoor play areas for children of all ages to enjoy. These include an under 5’s Soft Play, Arkiventure Playground, Rainbow Slide, Trampoline and Drop Slide.
Food and Catering
The award-winning café serves scrumptious treats from breakfast baps to freshly prepared salads. In addition to the Food Barn, there are kiosks around the site that are open at weekends and peak periods for hot drinks, snacks and ice creams. The Zoo also has a Farm Shop situated within it’s car park selling local goods, gifts, chef meals, local meats & more.
Please see the new menu online and for food allergens. Picnic tables are available throughout the site.
Keeper Experiences & Encounters
Due to the impact of Covid-19, Noah's Ark Zoo Farm is delivering a limited number of Keeper Experiences & Animal Encounters. Please see their website for more details. The Giant Tortoise encounter is currently purchasable. This is a 20 minute behind the scenes encounter feeding and learning about the Giant Tortoises. This encounter is bookable online.
Noah's Ark Zoo Farm has embarked on a long-term accessibility program, ‘Ark For All’. The first completed phase was opened by Andy Lewis, MBE, Paralympian. These facilities include a Changing Places toilet, complete with hoist and changing bed (access with a Radar Key), accessible play equipment including a wheelchair accessible roundabout, basket swings and child-friendly accessible animal signs. The attraction offers complimentary hire of wheelchairs and mobility scooters can be hired for a small cost. It also has hearing loops installed throughout the zoo for those hard of hearing. An Access Guide is available on their website.
Noah’s Ark asks for all tickets, including those for free essential carers and under 2’s to be purchased online prior to your arrival. Prices are seasonal, please check the website ticket prices.
You may also like
|Open (9 Jan 2022 - 19 Dec 2022)|
* Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm is now open 7 days a week (10.30am - 5.00pm, Feb – Nov and 10.30am – 4.00pm, Dec - Jan ). Please note the zoo is closed 20 - 27 December and 1 January. See website for more details.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Gold) 2013
- Bristol Tourism & Hospitality Award Sustainable Tourism Winner 2013 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge 2015
- AA Awards AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Please contact Noah's Ark to discuss your requirements
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Please contact Noah's Ark to discuss your requirements
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Approx length of visit - All day normally but at least three - four hours.
- Film or TV location
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - Unlimited
- Min group size - 10 people
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free - Essential carer for disabled visitors gain free entry
- Booking essential - For groups, school and birthday parties
- Special group rates - Please contact Noah's Ark to discuss your requirements
- TIC Staff Admitted Free - Please contact before hand to arrange visit
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted - Various size rates
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good382
- craggle82Street, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyEnd of a years visits.Saturday, 11th June 2022Came for our last visit under our annual membership. Will definitely be returning for another year of fun. The animals are always so much fun to watch. Could sit at the lemurs for hours. Such a well... Read full review
- lisapD7289XJGreater Manchester, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWaste of moneyFriday, 1st July 2022Went today as love Bristol Zoo but was so disappointed. Hardly saw any animals nobody around to speak to. Lonely elephant no bears, rhinos, giraffes, skunks, deer. Was pathetic and a waste of... Read full review
- rosea471Weston super Mare, United KingdomAmazing day out- Lovely staffFriday, 1st July 2022Had a lovely day here today with my sons aged 12 and 14. Talks very informative and animals all looked well cared for. The staff/keepers really knew their stuff and we could see they had an amazing... Read full review