Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm is the home of the big zoo animals including African Elephants, White Rhinos, Giraffes, Lions, Giant Anteater and Spectacled Bears. You’ll be amazed at the variety of nature you’ll see with over 100 species of animals, set in 100 acres of Somerset countryside.
Noah’s Ark is delighted to be reopening to the public from Tuesday 23 June 2020. To protect our visitors, staff and animals, we have made some changes to assist with social distancing, which are listed in full on our website.
• Timed entry tickets must be purchased online prior to your visit
• Members must book a free timed entry ticket online prior to arrival
• Limited visitors on site to assist with social distancing
• Additional toilets and handwashing stations
• Card payment only at food kiosks and shop
• Our indoor play facilities are not currently open
• We have additional covered outdoor areas
• Indoor animal enclosures are currently closed
• Disabled priority entrance to avoid the queue system
Interactive Keeper Talks
During this time, we are able to offer a reduced timetable of activities. This includes our outdoor Birds of Prey Display twice daily (subject to weather conditions), African Lions Keeper Talk and our Elephant Keeper Talk.
Our outdoor play areas are open to the public from the 4th July. Social distancing measures have been put in place together with additional cleaning. This includes:
• Wallaby Hill play zone
• Zip Wire
• Termite Mound play zone
• Elephant Slide
• Ark for All inclusive Play
• Outdoor trampolines
• Sand Pit
We are unable to open our Welly Splash or Straw Den at this time.
Our indoor play areas remain closed following government guidelines.
Food and Catering
Our award-winning café will still be serving scrumptious treats through a reduced menu and take-away only service. In addition to the Food Barn, we will have additional food kiosks open throughout the zoo for refreshments and ice creams.
Please see our new menu online and for food allergens.
If you would like to pack a picnic, that’s fine but we ask you to bring this into the zoo when you enter to avoid re-entering the zoo. Picnic tables will be available throughout the site.
Keeper Experiences, Encounters, Tractor rides and Birthday Parties
Currently, we are unable to offer the above services. As government restrictions ease, we will endeavour to offer these as soon as it is safe to do so.
Please view our website for up to date information on facilities and services available.
We have embarked on a long-term accessibility program, ‘Ark For All’. The first completed phase was opened by Andy Lewis, MBE, Paralympian. These facilities include a Changing Places toilet, complete with hoist and changing bed (access with a Radar Key), accessible play equipment including a wheelchair accessible roundabout, basket swings and child-friendly accessible animal signs. We offer complimentary hire of wheelchairs and mobility scooters can be hired for a small cost. Please read our Access Guide on our website or call our friendly team.
We are currently offering a disabled priority access to the zoo to avoid having to join the queue. This is located by the Ticket Office and is signed. A member of staff will be able to assist you at this time.
We are so excited to be reopening to the public and ask that all our guests take care to follow the additional signage and observe social distancing.
All tickets, including those for free essential carers and under 2’s must be purchased online prior to your arrival including members who need to book a free timed entry place to aid with restricting the number of visitors on site.
Under 2’s Free
Essential Carers Free
You may also like
- Noah's Ark Zoo Farm TV Advert 2017
|Open (9 Jan 2020 - 17 Dec 2020)|
* Monday - Sunday (until 1st September) and all Bank Holiday Mondays
10.30am - 5pm (Feb- Nov)
10.30am - 4pm (Dec & Jan)
Please check website for most accurate opening times
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Gold) 2013
- Bristol Tourism & Hospitality Award Sustainable Tourism Winner 2013 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge 2015
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- AA Awards AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Please contact Noah's Ark to discuss your requirements
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Please contact Noah's Ark to discuss your requirements
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Approx length of visit - All day normally but at least three - four hours.
- Film or TV location
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - Unlimited
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free - Essential carer for disabled visitors gain free entry
- Booking essential - For groups, school and birthday parties
- Min group size - 10 people
- Special group rates - Please contact Noah's Ark to discuss your requirements
- TIC Staff Admitted Free - Please contact before hand to arrange visit
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted - Various size rates
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good373
- paulabatCardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBrilliant day at the zoo.Monday, 14th September 2020We had a fabulous day at the zoo, the enclosures were spacious and the animals all looked clean and happy. The layout is lovely with toilets in every corner. Staff were friendly. Room for everyone... Read full review
- KatieCarrier1998Dursley, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAbsolutely amazing place!!Monday, 14th September 2020Myself and my partner visited today, we had a wonderful time. All the animals look well looked after and happy. Staff members are really friendly. Throughly enjoyed the talks that took place... Read full review
- Jodieanne24Langport, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGood but small enclosuresSaturday, 19th September 2020Really nice day at Noahs ark, however I do question the wellbeing of the animals, as the enclosures looked quite small. Otherwise if you have little children like we did, they will love it. Read full review