Pedal Progression offer high quality mountain bike hire, skills coaching and guided mountain bike rides from the beautiful Ashton Court. Just 2 miles from the historic floating harbour, you can jump on one of their bikes and enjoy some of the best purpose built mountain bike trails in the South West. As well as offering an adrenaline rush should you want one, out amongst the trees you'll feel a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of the city and can soak up the best panoramic views Bristol has to offer.
They have bikes to suit riders from 4’4” right up to 6’6”. Their bikes are perfect for tackling everything the local mountain bike trails have to offer but are equally at home, comfortable and efficient for riding the less extreme, gravel tracks, river paths and cycle routes that criss cross the local area.
For corporate team building activities, entertaining clients, youth, school and charity groups they can offer guided rides and instruction to suit your requirements. If you want to challenge your team, support relationship building among peers or simply take a group out for a new fun experience, they can provide everything need – bikes, helmets, fully insured and qualified instructors, trained in outdoor first aid, trail side repairs and mountain bike navigation techniques.
Pedal Progression can design the perfect mountain biking skills session for you, your group or family. Their expert coaches have years of experience in teaching a huge range of core and advanced techniques to customers across the South West and beyond. Whether you’d like to focus on a key area such as technical climbing, jumping or downhill speed or just want to improve your enjoyment of the sport then they can help.
Where to Ride:
Flow through the forest on the Nova and Yer Tiz trails. These trails are a combined length of over 11K and offer hours of fun and adrenaline filled action. Both are blue graded (mountain bike beginner - intermediate) trails with optional red (for more experienced riders) sections, so suitable for mountain bike beginners whilst also providing challenges for more experienced riders.
Staying local but keeping it chilled, you can ride the numerous wide track forest paths around Ashton court and Leigh Woods. Look out for the local deer population and generally enjoy the sights and sounds of the forest. It’s just a 5 minute ride to get to the suspension bridge, a little further will get you to Clifton village and across for a ride around Clifton Downs.
If you want to go further afield, ride down through Leigh woods and jump onto the National Cycle Route 41. This is a peaceful cruise which meanders along the river Avon to Pill and then on to Portishead. You can experience some amazing views of the gorge, suspension bridge and maybe enjoy a pint and some lunch in some lovely local pubs along the way.
- Café - Council run cafe, next to hire centre and on the estate at the mansion house.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Yes – minimum height for hire bikes 4’4”
- Equipment/clothing available for hire
- Experience level - advanced
- Experience level - beginner
- Experience level - intermediate
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- In countryside
- In town/city centre - 2 miles from City Centre/Harbourside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Council pay and display – currently £1.20 for the day
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good5
- philtravellerBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayQuick & easy hire, great bikes, nice courseThursday, 15th August 2019We did a one hour hire & followed the Nova blue trail . Fun for first timers. Nice ride thru woods on easy to follow specially laid out route. Good there was an option to try some if the harder red... Read full review
- hatscott72Fantastic one on one teachingThursday, 15th August 2019My son spent 3 hours with Sam and had the most amazing time. Sam was a superb instructor, clear, positive and friendly. My son now is desperate to do this session again. Pedal Progression are a very... Read full review
- Gwyn1962Wells, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyProper job...Saturday, 17th August 2019Great bikes and friendly service. Perfect to pick up a decent ride for a few hours around the excellent blue/ red trails of Ashton court. Informal, enthusiastic staff. Recommended. Read full review
Abbots Leigh Road
Tel: +44 (0)117 973 1298
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Opening hours during Summer Time – Monday to Friday 10 - 5, Saturday/Sunday 9 - 5.
Opening hours during Winter Time – Tuesday to Friday 10 - 5, Saturday/Sunday 9 - 5 (closed Mondays in winter)