The Bristol Hippodrome is one of the country's top, family-friendly provincial theatres, which proudly continues to stage major West End and Broadway productions. The Bristol Hippodrome caters for all, whether you prefer musicals, ballet, opera, concerts, comedians or children’s shows, the venue’s busy programme is bound to have something to suit every taste.
Take a look at our previews and reviews of theatre in Bristol over on our theatre blog.
Find out about upcoming theatre in Bristol on our event listings page.
Get a brief introduction to theatres in Bristol.
The Bristol Hippodrome, Bristol’s West End theatre, offers group organisers an efficient, flexible and friendly service to ensure you get the most out of this wonderful venue. When booking as a group of 10 or more, they can offer you not only the best in service and some amazing discounts, but also the added bonus of ‘book now and pay later’, making life as simple as possible. With regular show information mailed to your door, or by email, you’ll always be kept up to date with the latest news. The Bristol Hippodrome also produces a free Group Booking Information Pack on request. Group bookings can be made on 0333 009 5385 Mon - Fri 9.00-5:30.
For access information, please call 0800 912 6971, Mon – Sat 9am – 10pm, Sun 10am - 8pm.
Tags: Bristol Hippodrome, Hippodrome Bristol
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted - Assistance dogs permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted - Assistance Dogs
- Event Venue
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - Unlimited
- Min group size - 10
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Special group rates
Room / Unit Features
- Air conditioning
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Groups Accepted - Group bookings number: 0333 009 5385, Mon – Fri 9-5.30
Map & Directions
Please visit website for full details of ticket prices and for booking online.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good288
- 3MMM4South West England, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDreadfully uncomfortable seats no matter where you sit!Friday, 17th August 2018We are frequent visitors to this theatre. Although the seats were replaced last year, they are far more uncomfortable than the old ones, no matter which area of the theatre you choose. View of the... Read full review
- Paul BExmouth, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat place but be mindful of the amount of stairsMonday, 13th August 2018Love the building but please do be careful when booking tickets as this place is full of stairs, Stalls is one flight of stairs and then it just goes up and up. One frustration i did have was of... Read full review
- Sarah MTrip Type:FamilyShrekSunday, 12th August 2018It’s years since we last saw a show at the Hippodrome in Bristol, but we went today to see Shrek with our daughter and grandchildren, and it was great! Everything was really good, the actors, the... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 302 3310
- Regional and Miscellaneous Green Apple Award Winner 2014 2014
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Box Office open: Mon - Sat 10.00 until 15 minutes after the latest performance time.
Box office closed Sundays and Bank Holidays except during Panto season.
Closed 25 December, 1 & 2 January